LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

employee body shop crash in parking lot

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-08, 03:21 PM
22rear295
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default employee body shop crash in parking lot

Today I was recieving my ls460 from accident repair. Not only was that a nightmare, it was such a headache to get the car released. Numorous supervisor contacts on both ends , (insurance, body shop). Today was the day everybody was waiting for with the release of my car. As the team lead who handled my car was bringing it to me he was involved in a car accident with another employee!!!!!!!! Of course lexus is taking care of all costs, but should i take it a step futher in hiring a lawyer??? The accident involves new hood, headlight, fender, and bumper....sue or not to sue
Old 12-30-08, 04:25 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

if they are taking care of it.. i guess you could let it slide
but that's just me..
Old 12-30-08, 05:10 PM
EgermPA
Driver School Candidate

Well, I suppose it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. What state are you in? I am curious to know if its the same dealership that I'm involved with. Also, when did the accident occur?
Old 12-30-08, 06:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

man, what a story, sorry to hear that
Old 12-30-08, 07:10 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I've driven a lot of "big" cars in my past, but if one stays away from them for a long time, it takes a lot of adjustment to get the "feel" of the car again. For car jockeys, a big car is probably the ES - the LS is limo grade. It took me a couple weeks to become confident in this size again, so I worry when I see the staff that gets to shuttle the car on the lot. All the sorry talk doesn't take away that sinking feeling of knowing your car has been damaged by sheer negligence of the driver, and sheer ignorance of the dealership or body shop. Most of the dealers I've been in use up all the real estate packing in more and more cars leaving little room for anyone to navigate, let alone some greenhorn, low-on-the-totem-pole newbie; little wonder why these screw-ups happen. But hey, what can you do?
Old 12-30-08, 07:21 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly? I'd be talking to the owner or General Mgr. about trading out for a new car.

I don't know how old your car is, but being involved in two accidents (and this last one is pretty extensive from the sound of it) is going to reduce the value of your car in the future. No matter how good a job they do fixing it, it is a wrecked car and that affects the value.

On top of that, you are being inconvenienced by their stupidity.

I think you have a good opportunity to tell them you're done with it and you want them to pull out all the stops, give you top dollar for the damaged one, and put you in a brand-new LS at the best price they've ever come up with.

Old 12-30-08, 07:34 PM
22rear295
Driver School Candidate

It happend at lexus of Pemproke Pines in FL. My father came up wit the idea of a lawyer,I didn't think it was nessesary. They are taking care of it, but wow what a feelin i waitied 2 months for my ls460. To have this happen on day of pick up. In my eyes all accidents are avoidable including the one i was in, checking your blind spot is a good thing but a more serious task in bumper to bumper interstate traffic. In this incident an employee reversed into the front of my car while the body shop guy was driving my car - who wasn't paying attention??? All the guy had to do was drive the car in a parking lot, not with any attention on anything but driving safely. The more I wright about it the more bothered I am about the whole thing. I will never forget the smerk on the guys face when he pulled up. Im a young 25 yr old driving and ls460 on 22's and recieve soooo much foul treatment at the lexus dealerships because of this i get treated with no importance. Ive blowin up in jm lexus when service took my car for a joy ride, after they didn't fix my original problems properly. So when things like this happends I tent to feel its personal. Call me arogant but it just happens to much in my life, everybodys cool with a successfull older man but when hes young and spanish its a problem. Praise God the car is still mine and the promise is still mine for me being successfull will not end, especially in the these worldly bad times.
Old 12-30-08, 09:02 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Where were you taking delivery of the Car - at the body shop or at the Lexus dealer? Did the dealer facilitate the repair?
Old 12-30-08, 10:16 PM
22rear295
Driver School Candidate

To be honest there not doing the repairs threw my insurance so the vin will only show my accident. The car was being delivered at the body shop. The supervisior of the agent is taking care of the situation. The dealer has no idea of what has taken place. It was a high hit on the front passenger side with a chevy avalache. Me going as far to say i want a new ls460 is pretty far out their, i mean i dunno, do u guys think i would really have a chance to pull that off.

Last edited by 22rear295; 12-30-08 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-30-08, 10:52 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how did you get the money together to buy the car?
Old 12-31-08, 08:04 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 22rear295
Me going as far to say i want a new ls460 is pretty far out their, i mean i dunno, do u guys think i would really have a chance to pull that off.
Keep in mind I'm not saying they should give you a new car ... just that they should help you out of the one you have and into a new one by cutting you one helluva deal. They can cut the profit out of the sale to make up for wrecking your car.

One thing you need to understand is that even if your car is repaired "perfectly", its value will be diminished simply because it's been wrecked and repaired. IOW, if you take two identical LS460's - one wrecked and fixed, and the other never wrecked - the one never wrecked will be worth more as a trade-in or to sell. There's no reason you should have to eat that loss, since it was their fault.

Old 12-31-08, 01:19 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need for a lawyer if the dealer is taking care of everything. Hiring a lawyer would just be a waste of your money. I've been where you are now and my advice would be to stay calm and focused on the fact that it's just a car. I also agree with the suggestion here to leverage this misfortune and negotiate a favorable trade-in. I cannot think of a better situation where you would have the dealer at such a disadvantage.

Good luck with everything!
Old 12-31-08, 02:11 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

^

Old 12-31-08, 05:26 PM
22rear295
Driver School Candidate

Terrin!!! My answer to you is I pray, I give, and have faith that God will provide. Im a sub contractor for my fathers air condition company, my integreaty keeps my credit in perfect standing to my creditors. Praise God I was able to purchase the veichle that the lord willed me to purchase, because i wanted to be more conservative for a change, but the lord wanted different. You know all this has been bothering me so much to the point that I am ashamed. I should have never let the negative side of the situation disturb me so much, not to mention the dark cloud I left at the Lexus of Pemproke Pines body shop. I will go back in person there next business day and clear the air of all unforgiveness. Big Mike TX!! Man if the value my car was an issue to me wow,! I would have been even more disturded!!!! God provided this car and without any lack, I would be a fool to think he wouldn't do the same in my next purchase, thats just how he does things. The car is still mine and will be mine, I should not have let a situation like this steal my joy along with others. All will be takin care of, no need to cry the milk has been spilt and im not even pickin it up the dealer is!! God is good!! Love you guys! I might not comment much but Im on here everyday. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Ill post pics of my lovely ls460, which i was reluctant to do because the wheels i have on her are better then anything you've seen on the net, i believe (oh yeah the lord provided these 9,000 beauty's for less than half of that, with pzero's, not to mentioned the table was prepared on the enemies). Im excitied to show all of you.
Old 12-31-08, 06:21 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Easy there big fella, the Lord was probably looking the other way when your car entered that lot.

Oh well, you can't take it with you...