LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

TSB, BR005-06 : Brake Pad Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 07:07 PM
me_ccie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB, BR005-06 : Brake Pad Clicking Noise

Hello,

does anyone have any information in regards to TSB BR005-06 : Brake Pad Clicking Noise. I tried checking the Lambros site but it seems to down. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-30-08, 06:45 AM
warrenwlam
Driver School Candidate

Default Brake noise

Am not sure what the fix is but my car is at the dealership now having this issue worked on. They assure me that it can be fixed so will update when I get it back and let you know if it worked.
Old 10-31-08, 03:26 PM
me_ccie
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, I just dropped my car off too to have it addressed. I printed up a bunch of service advisory's so I think they'll have my car for a while
Old 10-31-08, 07:22 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had it done on my 07 last year. All it is that they replace brake pads and apply grease to them so that they don't make clicking noise. It's not actually grease, it's that purple stuff that you get in a tube when you buy new brakes pads from Auto Parts store.
Old 11-01-08, 03:38 PM
me_ccie
Driver School Candidate

while you had the condition, did your brakes feel normal? I ask because when I brake it seems to slow then slip then slow. Perhaps my rotors are warped too
Old 11-01-08, 07:40 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Here you go:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-BR005-06.pdf (43.9 KB, 1273 views)
Old 11-03-08, 09:37 AM
me_ccie
Driver School Candidate

Thanks jlawr.
Old 11-05-08, 09:48 PM
lexus ASM
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That TSB is a shim kit, and dont resurface your rotors unless you have brake pedal pulsation. They only get thinner and more prone to warping. Also make sure you get your brakes checked regularly. I recommend brake service at 3/32nds. There is a pad life sensor in that car if your low brake light comes on you have to replace the one-time use sensor that triggers it. ($230.00 or so)
Old 11-06-08, 06:46 AM
me_ccie
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Lexus ASM, the other day I went for a ride with the service tech to point out the sound I was hearing in my car. While stopped I pressed on the brake and heard a clicking noise, he said that was normal, it's an actuator that's making the noise. That kind of worried me, I never heard that sound in any of my past vehicles nor in the loaner ES that they gave me.

I then took him for a spin in my LS, we started to come to a red light and as I pressed the brake there was a series of clicking sounds until we came to a stop, he said " that's not normal". He thinks it's a problem with the actuator in brakes.

I'll let the board know what it is once I get the car back.
Old 11-08-08, 10:36 AM
euge
Driver School Candidate

new member, first post....

i have a 08 ls 460 with about 5000 miles. ive brought the car in twice for this noise.... i am about to pick up the car in a couple hours. the service manager ive dealt with for the past three ls we have had has said to me

1) they dont know what it is.

2) they had a technician fly up from la (im in san francisco) to check out another ls with similiar issues.

3) apparently, they are waiting from lexus themselves to put out a service bulletin.

to me, this is all bs. ive spent no more than five mintues online and ive found a tsib br005-06. perhaps my "clicking noise" maybe different from the "clicking noise" the tsib speaks of, but this is unacceptable from a flagship vehicle of a luxury brand.

i will post with the results of my visit.
Old 11-08-08, 11:39 AM
me_ccie
Driver School Candidate

Euge, I'm very interested to hear how yours turns out.

My vehicle won't be ready until Monday, they're still fixing the excessive wind noise issue.
Old 11-10-08, 07:34 AM
euge
Driver School Candidate

apparently, my issue of a "clicking noise" when braking was a "different" braking noise than what is coverd by tsib br005-06.

my dealership is aware of the br005-06, however my issue seems to be a different one because its not related to when im shifting from foward to reverse. my clicking noise, what i refer to as a similar sounds as when i used to put a baseball card in the spokes of my bike, apparently is coming from the braking system "somewhere". there is NO tsib for this. my service advisor and his manager both send unfortunately, lexus has not addressed this issue yet. they cant start taking the car apart to figure it out, they need to wait for lexus to come up with a fix.

of course my main concern is that there is something wrong wit my brakes, is this a saftey concern? am i going to end up getting into an accident whil lexus is dragging there feet trying to come up with a tsib? the service advisor and his manager botht said it is on record that i have brought my vehicle in for this specific problem and that if there is any issues, well, its documented. OF COURSE when i asked about will they be fully liable for all damages, they skirted around the issue without saying lexus will cover all damages.

the service manager informed me that it is not really a safety concern because the braking system is infact working properly, its a convience issue.

to me, its a problem with s a $70k+ car with a 5K miles. it should not be a problem i need to "deal with" until there is a fix.

i understand that the guys at the dealership are infact trying to do the best they can with what they have. apparently, from what ive heard on saturday, its not the job of the technicians at the local dealerships to come up with fixes. they are given fixes by lexus and they must follow them.

lexus has not come up with a fix for this problem.

basically, i am to wait until lexus comes out with a fix.

the service manager informed me to contact lexus through their customer service line and make sure to complain. without saying in so many words, he seemed to have been informing me to get the word out. the more complaints lexus has, the more they will address this issue.

i cant believe theres "no fix" for this and its a pretty wide spread problem.

THERE WAS ANOTHER LS460 WITH THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AT THE DEALER AT THE SAME TIME!!!

i will be starting a thread to see if any other forum members are having the same issue.
Old 11-10-08, 08:09 AM
me_ccie
Driver School Candidate

My clicking sound isn't the same as described in the TSB either. The sounds that I heard are more like a knock when slowing down. When I took the tech for a ride to hear the sound he said it was the actuators in the brakes that were causing the sound.

I have my fingers crossed that I get the car back today. I'll let you all know how things go.
Old 11-10-08, 12:41 PM
LeX4u2nV
Driver School Candidate

I'm hearing a clicking noise whenever I release the brake and press it again at a stop light. I just take my foot off the brake lightly and then push it again and I hear a loud click noise. Is this the same noise that you are talking about?
Old 11-10-08, 12:48 PM
me_ccie
Driver School Candidate

I heard that too. The service tech said it was normal. Didn't sound normal to me, when I took him for a ride he heard a series of clicks as I was braking for a red light. He said that wasn't normal.

Quick Reply: TSB, BR005-06 : Brake Pad Clicking Noise