LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I have several questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-08, 12:17 PM
slybydesig
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have several questions

I have several questions on LS460

1.) Park Assist will not beep when going backwards or forward. I have turned on both front and rear park senors. I have set the tone at 4 but I still can't get it to beep. I pressed the (P=^) button on and still nothing.

2.) When the Sanyon phone is connected with blue tooth, it works fine, but when I returned to the car a day later it won't connect and in many cases won't recognize the phone. It sees my blackberry fine and syncs instantly.

I have a feeling that there may be some software issues. The car will be heading in for its 1,000 mile tune up. Has anybody else witness these issues?

------------

3.) Has Lexus mentioned anything about best way to protect chrome trim around the windows. It looks to be prone to premature oxidation.

4.) Has anybody applied the Invisible Car Bra yet?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 09-29-08, 04:14 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1) How closely have you tested the Park Assist with nearby objects? For instance someone walking right up to the bumper...there should be beeping if they are right next to the sensor. If not, there is some issue...but first I'd establish if the system is active.

2) Not sure about the Sanyon phone...how many devices have you synced with the car? It may require changing which device the bluetooth car system is set to.
Old 09-29-08, 06:56 PM
slybydesig
Rookie

Originally Posted by encore888
1) How closely have you tested the Park Assist with nearby objects? For instance someone walking right up to the bumper...there should be beeping if they are right next to the sensor. If not, there is some issue...but first I'd establish if the system is active.

2) Not sure about the Sanyon phone...how many devices have you synced with the car? It may require changing which device the bluetooth car system is set to.
Thank you Encore888 for replying to my questions. I tested the park assist in a garage with pillars and 90 degree turns. I also tested it with backing up close to a wall and moving forward to a wall. I checked the manual and to the best of my knowledge have set it up correct.

As far as bluetooth, the only thing I can think of is that his (owner of the LS460) phone is not working correctly. I personally was able to sync my BB8800 with ease, but because I do not have possession of the vehicle 24/7 I am not able to trouble shoot this properly. But I am left to assume its his phone.

I called a place thats going to do Road Block Package/6mm Vent shield for $1500. This includes the entire front end, fenders, bumpers, hood and lights, reg & fog plus side mirrors. Is $1500 a good price?
Old 09-29-08, 07:12 PM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by slybydesig
Thank you Encore888 for replying to my questions. I tested the park assist in a garage with pillars and 90 degree turns. I also tested it with backing up close to a wall and moving forward to a wall. I checked the manual and to the best of my knowledge have set it up correct.

As far as bluetooth, the only thing I can think of is that his (owner of the LS460) phone is not working correctly. I personally was able to sync my BB8800 with ease, but because I do not have possession of the vehicle 24/7 I am not able to trouble shoot this properly. But I am left to assume its his phone.

I called a place thats going to do Road Block Package/6mm Vent shield for $1500. This includes the entire front end, fenders, bumpers, hood and lights, reg & fog plus side mirrors. Is $1500 a good price?
I just did my LS460L last week with 3M ClearBra. I spent $1050.00 for the entire front bumper, the front part of the hood and fenders, headlights, driving lights, side mirrors, door cups and deck lid on trunk.
Old 09-29-08, 08:05 PM
slybydesig
Rookie

Originally Posted by sellshomes
I just did my LS460L last week with 3M ClearBra. I spent $1050.00 for the entire front bumper, the front part of the hood and fenders, headlights, driving lights, side mirrors, door cups and deck lid on trunk.
Wow, $1,050 for all of that is a great price. I am wondering if $1500 is around the mark point. Price for protection isn't bad considering a real detailing is around $300 to $500 alone. How does your LS look with it? How does it feel?
Old 09-29-08, 08:39 PM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by slybydesig
Wow, $1,050 for all of that is a great price. I am wondering if $1500 is around the mark point. Price for protection isn't bad considering a real detailing is around $300 to $500 alone. How does your LS look with it? How does it feel?
My LS460L is black.
I also have it on my yellow Viper and Silver vette.

It is less noticable on the yellow and silver colors, more noticeable on the black, but well worth it with the big front end on the LS.

I usually have to point it out before any one realized I have it on the yellow and silver cars.

I use a guy that has done all three of my cars, stands behind his work, and I am an **** guy.
Old 09-30-08, 12:43 PM
slybydesig
Rookie

Originally Posted by sellshomes
My LS460L is black.
I also have it on my yellow Viper and Silver vette.

It is less noticable on the yellow and silver colors, more noticeable on the black, but well worth it with the big front end on the LS.

I usually have to point it out before any one realized I have it on the yellow and silver cars.

I use a guy that has done all three of my cars, stands behind his work, and I am an **** guy.
sounds good, thank you for the feed back. The gentleman I am helping out is really exciting about getting it down. He will be taking his car in for the 1,000 mile service and I will then pick it up and drop it off to have the VBP put on. I asked the shop for their most passionate artisan, because I feel like its more of a art then a service. Your awesome, if there is anything else I should know about the LS460 keep me posted.