LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 at Invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-08, 10:02 PM
hapaj
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just took delivery on 08 LS460L today from Vista Lexus MSRP $81,580.00 Invoice was $71,494.00 I used $1,000.00 coupon and $4,000.00 from Lexus and got a sale price of $5000.00 below invoice. ($66,494.00). Did not try for more, but I have a feeling I could have gotten a bit more. With OC tax it was $72,000.00 and a little change out the door.
Old 12-05-08, 10:38 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Top - Glad to see you got your Deal Done! -- What color did you end up with?

Hapaj - Congrats as well - looks like you got a nice deal. Same q for you - what color did you end up with?
Old 12-05-08, 11:46 PM
hapaj
Rookie

Starfire Pearl with Ivory
Old 12-06-08, 12:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, hapaj, that's an insanely good price, 5k under invoice, that's something!!! congrats man, sweet deal!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-08, 01:00 AM
topgun04
Driver

Originally Posted by hapaj
Starfire Pearl with Ivory

heh heh, same color combo as well...
Old 12-06-08, 01:17 AM
topgun04
Driver

Default Salesman

"Dealership making money is lovely, but I tend to focus more on what the salesperson makes."

I talked to my saleperson a little bit about new car market. it Looks like new cars market slow down a lot and really impacting all the salesperson. He mentioned that a lot of dealerships layoff salesperson and resturcture their salesforce with some sales manager become salesperson again. And sale volume drop qutie dramatically as well. He personally has to work much longer hours and only sell about 40% of his peak sales in units (and by implication, his income probably drop a lot). It is tough to be a salesperson now. One of the bay area dealer was willing to match my sales price with a different combo color - smokey granite/light gray (we may have gone for it instead of Starfire pearl/ivory had we gotten his message earlier). So there are some dealers in the bay area that is willing to take 15K off MSRP for an LS with ML/NAV + comfort plus (I would imagine, LS with lower optional equipment level will have less discount while LS with higher level of optional equipment will get more discount.....
Old 12-06-08, 09:08 AM
terrain
Pole Position

Nice Color's - so White with Alabaster Interior - dont see too many of those... Found a Black L w/ Alabaster Interior during my search and it was nice but I have done black once and that was pleanty.

Top - Logic would tell us that higher MSRP' cars might get more of a discount but from what I have found even the 6499 base cars are getting 14K+ off and in my case with an 88KMSRP I was in the 15K+++. Perhaps earlier in the year - say Jan - May you may see that scenario play out a bit more. On the other end of the scale (114K MSRP) cars they have to discount even more to move the vehicles.

During my shopping and research I saw TWO distinct Lexus Buyers.

1 - Buying for the Lexus Brand/Logo - They were looking for the cheapest LS460 they could find. I overheard several sales person to prospective buyer conversations and these buyers would scoff at paying for any options - even NAV. If you want the best bang for your buck this is a pretty good way to go.

2 - Buyer looking for a set of features and characteristics such as quiet cabin, Preimum Audio, Safety Features (Pre-Collision). The LS460 happened to have the festures they were looking for at a cost they coud/would afford. These buyers had looked at S and 7 cars and either decided the Lexus had a feature that stood apart or for the money they had to spend to get a feature the Lexus won in Value. For me this started with having to have a ML car - then it quickly escalated into packages that in my region are only stocked on L cars (pre collision etc...).

Last edited by terrain; 12-06-08 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-07-08, 12:24 AM
tclk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to the post and especially to Terrain and Rominl, I just got my blk/blk SWB. $69k msrp for $59,040 otd after $750 coupon from Glendale of Lexus. Love this car! The only draw back from getting it from Glendale and most dealers in L.A. is that they predrilled the front license plate holder. Has anyone taken it to a bumper shop to get the holes filled/painted? I'll have to do a search in the forum.

I also bought the warranty for $2,600 which covers the car for 6yr/70k. I bought it because if the warranty is not used after 6 years, I get a full refund! Plus it comes with free maintenance (including the 15k and 20k mile services) for the first two years of the car! Anyone also signed up for this? Seems like a great deal. Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll be searching this site more often.
Old 12-07-08, 09:17 AM
terrain
Pole Position

Tclk - Congrats on the Deal! I think the ideal LS package is the 69K Package - you get everything that matters (ML), and save 10 to 20K from what folks have to pay for L's with upgrades. The 750 Coupons are GREAT!

As for the drilled bumber I would say the MAJORITY of LS's I saw in my area were drilled - not sure what it would cost to smooth over/fill.

Interesting about the warranty (15 and 20K covered - that helps make up for the high price since a 7X100 should be in the 2200 range) - It sounds like its a warranty the Dealership sells -but perhaps not the Lexus Product (Lexus Platinum Warranty)? I came across a few dealers who sold their own warranties - and preferred that you service your car at their dealership. Give us more details-

Originally Posted by tclk
Thanks to the post and especially to Terrain and Rominl, I just got my blk/blk SWB. $69k msrp for $59,040 otd after $750 coupon from Glendale of Lexus. Love this car! The only draw back from getting it from Glendale and most dealers in L.A. is that they predrilled the front license plate holder. Has anyone taken it to a bumper shop to get the holes filled/painted? I'll have to do a search in the forum.

I also bought the warranty for $2,600 which covers the car for 6yr/70k. I bought it because if the warranty is not used after 6 years, I get a full refund! Plus it comes with free maintenance (including the 15k and 20k mile services) for the first two years of the car! Anyone also signed up for this? Seems like a great deal. Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll be searching this site more often.
Old 12-07-08, 04:47 PM
topgun04
Driver

Default Extra Warranty...

"I also bought the warranty for $2,600 which covers the car for 6yr/70k. I bought it because if the warranty is not used after 6 years, I get a full refund!"

I was offered similar warranty when we leased a CLK 55 convertible a few years back and I turned it down. My rational is that the refund part of the deal basically force me not to use the warranty if the bill is less than 2600.. So if I have mulitple claims, one after another one, that is less than 2600 individually, I will never use the warranty since I won't know the needs for future claims. The total sum of the claims may be over 2600. So the only time I will use the warranty is when I have a major system failure (e..g transmission replacement, engine blow up etc.). And if I don't use the warranty, I baiscally just loan the company a 6 yrs interest free loan. And even if I use it, the company will have my money for the first 4 years interest free since Lexus will pick up any problem the first 4 yr/50K mi (coverage won't start until Lexus coverage cease)..
Old 12-07-08, 05:04 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Top - The Lexus Platinum Warranties I have been RFQ'ing are flat rate and do not offer a buy-back option. 7/75 would be in the 1.8K range. I'm willing to pay that much for peace of mind. I swore that I would never own a German (previous cars -Mercedes, BMW) car w/out a factory warranty - not sure about the Lexus but its close in $'s to our previous german vehicles.

The one that TCLK picked up offers free Maint for first 2 years of ownership... Would like to hear more details on this warranty to see if its a Dealership warranty or a Lexus product.

First 2 years of Maint for my family would not be of much value since the L will be driven at most 5 to 6K/year... that would put me at 10 to 12 K after 24 mo so I'd miss any major service.. All I'd get would be one oil change since the first one at 5K is Free Via Lexus.
Old 12-07-08, 06:50 PM
tclk
Driver School Candidate

Terrain,

The warranty is from Lexus Financial Services so you can go to any Lexus dealership for service (both warranty and maintenance services). The warranty plan is called the Premium Extra Care (only in California). There's no deductible. When you sign up for this plan, you get the two year service for $1. You can call Glendale Lexus and I'm sure they'll let you know more details.

Topgun4, I bought the coverage just in case something breaks after the factor warranty period that cost thousands. Given that the electronics no adays, if something goes wrong, it usually costs a lot. I figure that the interest of say $78 per year (3% of $2,600; which is before paying taxes) at least gives me the insurance that if something expensive breaks I'm insured. I figure the interest lost is probably 2/3 of the cost of the maintenance. I'll have 30k miles in 2 years so I think its worth it. Plus, I don't know where they sell 0-20 motor oil other than the pricier synthetic. The catch is that I have to remember to request for the refund within 60 days after sixth year anniversary.
Old 12-07-08, 07:19 PM
dudakia
Driver School Candidate

since your in southern cal...i just picked up my 08 LS460L from Park Place in mission viejo for 72k....MSRP was 89010
Old 12-07-08, 10:02 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Congrats Dudakia on your L - Looks like LS Deals are happening in SCAL. What does your 89010 have on it - and what color?

TCLK - Thanks for the info on your warranty - I plan to check it out.

Last edited by terrain; 12-09-08 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-04-09, 09:32 AM
terrain
Pole Position

Data Point from conversation I had with new owner at dealership - 09 LS460L (non AWS) 84.889 MSRP purchased 78K +TTL (7K off MSRP). Have heard but not confirmed that folks are near Invoice on 09's -

Quick Reply: LS460 at Invoice?