LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 at Invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 01:34 PM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the 2008's are gone, then they will have deals on the 2009's.

Things don't apprear to be good right now in the economy, and with unemployment at 7% and rising fast, lets face it, buying a new car is not a priority for anybody.
Old 11-25-08, 02:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by sellshomes
When the 2008's are gone, then they will have deals on the 2009's.

Things don't apprear to be good right now in the economy, and with unemployment at 7% and rising fast, lets face it, buying a new car is not a priority for anybody.
but i doubt 09 deals would be as sweet as 08 now as soon as 08 are gone though
Old 11-26-08, 04:37 PM
terrain
Pole Position

I'd like to thank folks on this thread who helped in the pricing... especially those who started talking about getting the LS460 at under invoice. I recall back in Page 2 post #26 when I mentioned that I had a "SOFT" offer to get the car for 1 to 2 k under it was met with "skepticism" which is understandable considering many folks paid closer to MSRP in 06(late) and 07. In any event this thread is exactly what I was looking for - to find the very best prices folks were getting on these cars.

I agree that 09's will also be discounted once all of the 08's are gone but I'm not confident that 09's will be 14K off MSRP in January -- -but the really GOOD NEWS is that I don't have to Worry about LS460L prices any longer!!

Thanks again to the many folks on this thread --- I pulled the trigger on a LS460L that had exactally what I was looking for (actually a bit more options like dynamic cruise etc.. but what the HEY....)

Details -

LS460L - MSRP $85-87
Basically everything but the Executive Package
*Tried out 2 L's with Exec package and was close to going with it but my color combo was not available. ++ I guess I was expecting a bit more from the message seats - they are neat to have in a car but not at all what I was expecting. +++ The back seats of this L will be filled with 2 Car Seats for the next 5+ Years at least...

Best I was able to do was 14K + 750 off MSRP (that a very nice Lexus shopper gave to me). I thought I'd be able to get in the 15's before the coupon but it was not going to happen and I was sick of waiting... Oh - and I found the exact car (color, options +L) that I was looking for.

I have been seriously looking for 40 days (was going to buy a month ago but due to business travel it got delayed and I'm glad it did since I probably saved another 2K on the L deal) and about another 15K since originally the car I was going to buy was the LS600 White/w/Alabaster interior but that's a different story)

I did not want to Compromise on anything with this car - especially the color - both ext and int. If you are specific to a color/option package that you want and you plan to buy a LS460 SWB or L - I'd start working the deal now before the 08's are gone.

PS - Now all I have to do is try to get the car away from my Wife from time to time... after all this will be her primary ride :-) And to think she wanted to get an ES

Finally - If I had not just purchased a new Sequoia Platinum for myself I'd seriously start working a deal on an 08 LS600 - during my research and dealing I got some soft deals that were almost too hard to pass up. I'd like the 600 just for the exclusivity factor and of course the head-lights. In this market if you can swing a loaded L - then a 600 is not too far off.
Old 11-26-08, 06:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

wow, awesome information and congratulations on your ls460l! that's superb good price, you pretty much got it for like 3-4k under invoice? man that's sweet

now that i think about it, i am kind of glad i sold my car. now i can probably get another one and pay quite a bit less
Old 11-27-08, 09:52 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Rominl - Why did you get rid of your L?
Old 11-28-08, 07:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by terrain
Rominl - Why did you get rid of your L?
ummm, quite a few reasons. the car is not entirely for me. it's very comfortable and quiet, but lack of road feel makes it boring (i am only 30), i want something more "fun" to drive. i was about to start another project as well, so decided to sell the ls460l while it was still worth some money.
Old 11-28-08, 08:38 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Congrats on the new ride Terrain.

BTW, if you do any amount of highway driving or leisurely driving on back roads, you will love the Pre-Collision system with the radar cruise control.
Old 11-29-08, 10:40 PM
tclk
Driver School Candidate

Default 08 ls460L

I got an offer for an 08 460LWB with a sticker of $80.2k with 5600 miles for $70k out the door. Is this a good deal? It's black on black with 19" wheels. They are selling it new since it was a executive demo (an executive drove it without registering the car). The car is in mint condition.

I've been looking for a 08 SWB with $74 MSRP but it seems like they are hard to come by now. The dealer has an 08 SWB with $69K MSRP for $64.5K OTD. Seems like the LWB is a better deal. Anyone got a good deal on a $69k MSRP? I think I would go with the $69k if I can get it OTD for $60k.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-30-08, 12:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

70k otd, that means price of car is around 64k. that's 14k off msrp, which imho isn't a super good deal considering it has 5600 miles, which in my eyes is used (i can care less if it's manager car or demo. it's used)
Old 11-30-08, 06:47 AM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rominl
70k otd, that means price of car is around 64k. that's 14k off msrp, which imho isn't a super good deal considering it has 5600 miles, which in my eyes is used (i can care less if it's manager car or demo. it's used)
I agree, for it to be a good deal, it would have to be brand NEW with only delivery miles on the clock.
Old 12-01-08, 07:54 AM
terrain
Pole Position

Thx Nos -

I have the same system on my Sequoia and play with it from time to time on the freeway -- Not sure I would have added the 2.8K option for the LSL if I had configured the car but as a Cruise it should work quite well.

Congrats on the new ride Terrain.

BTW, if you do any amount of highway driving or leisurely driving on back roads, you will love the Pre-Collision system with the radar cruise control.

I have not seen a 80.2 MSRP - what is on the car?

At 70K OTD I agree its what you should be paying for a Zero mile car. If the car is the color you want and options you want you might want to offer 67 OTD and see what they have to say. IMO 5K on this car is more than I'd want to start out with but then again I'm picky on new miles and was set on an LSL w/under 10 miles on it.

On your 69 base car ( I call it base since its the lowest config that makes its way into CA with a few excpetions) you should be close to 55 before taxes/title/lic. During my search I found lots and lots of 69 cars but I needed ML at the very least so the upgrade process began.

Where in CA are you -- feel free to PM me to talk about details in our area as I looked both in S and N CA.

Originally Posted by tclk
I got an offer for an 08 460LWB with a sticker of $80.2k with 5600 miles for $70k out the door. Is this a good deal? It's black on black with 19" wheels. They are selling it new since it was a executive demo (an executive drove it without registering the car). The car is in mint condition.

I've been looking for a 08 SWB with $74 MSRP but it seems like they are hard to come by now. The dealer has an 08 SWB with $69K MSRP for $64.5K OTD. Seems like the LWB is a better deal. Anyone got a good deal on a $69k MSRP? I think I would go with the $69k if I can get it OTD for $60k.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-01-08, 08:08 PM
tclk
Driver School Candidate

Terrain,
The $80.2k msrp includes the touring package and ml. Not exactly sure how this amount is derived but this car is fully loaded except without the radar and executive package. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday but decided that I prefer a brand new car at this price. And since I don't need a car, I can wait. Good thing I did becuase I'd feel aweful today given that the market is down.

I prefer the short wheel base as it fits my garage better and really don't carry much people to need extra leg room. I agree the 2008 $74k msrp seems like they're all gone. If I could get a $64k msrp black/black for $60k otd, I would probably do it. I also have a $750 credit towards a car that I got from taste of Lexus. Figure I could use that to get the wheels chromed by local chrome shop. But it appears that the dealers are not as aggressive as they were in October (based upon the various posts here). I remember seeing someone saying they got $74k msrp for $64k otd - which is just an awesome deal.

Ok. I don't know what "PM" stands for? I live in Orange County. Sure would appreciate your input!!! I've contacted Newport, Westminster, Cerritos, Keyes and Mission Viejo Park Place Lexus dealers.
Old 12-01-08, 10:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by tclk
Terrain,
The $80.2k msrp includes the touring package and ml. Not exactly sure how this amount is derived but this car is fully loaded except without the radar and executive package. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday but decided that I prefer a brand new car at this price. And since I don't need a car, I can wait. Good thing I did becuase I'd feel aweful today given that the market is down.

I prefer the short wheel base as it fits my garage better and really don't carry much people to need extra leg room. I agree the 2008 $74k msrp seems like they're all gone. If I could get a $64k msrp black/black for $60k otd, I would probably do it. I also have a $750 credit towards a car that I got from taste of Lexus. Figure I could use that to get the wheels chromed by local chrome shop. But it appears that the dealers are not as aggressive as they were in October (based upon the various posts here). I remember seeing someone saying they got $74k msrp for $64k otd - which is just an awesome deal.

Ok. I don't know what "PM" stands for? I live in Orange County. Sure would appreciate your input!!! I've contacted Newport, Westminster, Cerritos, Keyes and Mission Viejo Park Place Lexus dealers.
like you said 80k car can be the touring one, but it's not "fully loaded" as you can't get rear seat upgrade with the touring package. the ls460l with rear seat upgrade (and no exec package) is around 87k

pm stands for private message, everyone has their own inbox for private communication

have you tried glendale? if you want to give it a shot i can refer you to my sales. got both my ls460l and gs350 from them
Old 12-02-08, 09:56 AM
terrain
Pole Position

TC -

Three weeks back Cerritos had several 69K Car's and I thought Glendale had 2 69K cars (black on black and black on tan) - one had chrome wheels on it but was still priced at 69.

I know that as of last week in NCAL we have at least 4 69K cars with multiple color options -- and then it goes up to 77 and 78 SWB's that are loaded - Found two RED's and one even had Alabaster interior which was nice - both had Chrome upgrade wheels from Factory.

I'll pm you with details about the NCAL cars that I know of -- might be worth a short plane trip to find your SWB.

I think as we get closer to 09 the feeling that dealers are less aggressive is due to the fact that supply of 08's is shrinking... especially if you are set on a color combo. My guess is that if you don't buy now you will need to wait a few months into 09 to get deals that are in the ball-park that we are in now...
Old 12-03-08, 03:19 PM
dchoy
Driver School Candidate

Hi Terrain,

You've done some awesome research into the market of LS, you even know how many cars are available in a specific area given the options/colors!! I am impressed!!

Enjoy your LS-L, hope to meet you one day at a LS event! BTW, is there such thing for the LS? When I had a M3, we have these morning drives every now and then and it's fun! I guess LS people don't do that, do they?!

Derek

Quick Reply: LS460 at Invoice?