LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Opaline LS460 (Newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 09:51 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opaline LS460 (Newbie)

Whats up fellas,Newbie here, first time post/thread.I have been searching around this forum for awhile and wanted to say all of your cars are awsome from hooked up to stock,To me this car looks great in every combo there is no wrong choice.Im soon to lease a ls460,I was at the dealer not knowing any color combos but I knew I wanted white with a grey interior, so before I went into the showroom I looked in the lot first at color combos,I found a white with light grey interior (perfect),to only find out later its Opaline pearl not (white)I could of bet money it was white,I had to walk back and fourth to several different white cars to see a difference and still couldnt,then I had them pull a starfire pearl next to it and could see the difference,that Opp is one crazy color.I did find out it is a rare color.Anyone with pics of Opp would be appreciated,Any feedback of this color would be too.Thanks....
Old 08-21-08, 10:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to ClubLexus! Yes, Opaline Pearl seems to be a rare color, it was listed as a later introduction for the LS here in the U.S. than other colors. Found this pic on an online listing, it basically is white but with a slight blue-purple sheen?
Attached Thumbnails Opaline LS460 (Newbie)-1075.02.jpg  
Old 08-22-08, 09:25 AM
Patric
Pole Position

My dealer said Opaline Pearl was added for 08.

It wasn't available when I picked up my 07.

Pat
Old 08-22-08, 10:54 AM
Stoks
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whipple1
Whats up fellas,Newbie here, first time post/thread.I have been searching around this forum for awhile and wanted to say all of your cars are awsome from hooked up to stock,To me this car looks great in every combo there is no wrong choice.Im soon to lease a ls460,I was at the dealer not knowing any color combos but I knew I wanted white with a grey interior, so before I went into the showroom I looked in the lot first at color combos,I found a white with light grey interior (perfect),to only find out later its Opaline pearl not (white)I could of bet money it was white,I had to walk back and fourth to several different white cars to see a difference and still couldnt,then I had them pull a starfire pearl next to it and could see the difference,that Opp is one crazy color.I did find out it is a rare color.Anyone with pics of Opp would be appreciated,Any feedback of this color would be too.Thanks....
I recently saw the opaline pearl color on the LS and thought I'd share an opinion. My neighbor purchased a new LS and it is the opaline pearl color. The wife drives the car, not the husband.

You didn't say if you are male or not. If you are male, my personal opinion is that the color is not a masculine color. When the sun hits the car just right, there is a pinkish hue to it giving it a Mary Kay personality. It's certainly an interesting color, and I'm not saying it's ugly. I'm just saying that as a man, maybe I'm too insecure to be seen driving a pink car around

Just my .02 cents.

Last edited by Stoks; 08-22-08 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-22-08, 12:39 PM
kbinfl
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When I started my Lexus quest, I had decided on Nobel Spinel Mica or Black Sapphire Pearl with the Alabaster interior. In December, I went to my local dealer to try to make a deal during the last week of the "December to Remember" promotion. All they had on the lot at the time was an Opaline Pearl, which I wasn't at all interested in at first. I had them pull in next to a Startfire to see the color difference, and decided I could live with it. To me it was very close to Silver which was my third choice. We tried like hell to make a deal, but at the time they wouldn't meet my price expectation. Basically they told me I was delusional and would never get the deal I wanted. Two months later I went to a competing dealer that had one of the color combos I initially wanted, and the rest as they say, is history...
Old 08-22-08, 01:13 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Thanks for the replys,My wife will be driving the car most of the time,but I will drive it from time to time.When I first seen this color it just seemed white to me and if anything a very light titanium like silver on different angles.I did notice the pinkish hue on the bumper with the sun beaming on it but very slight thinking it was just the pearl accents.My first impression of the color was white didnt even notice until the salesman pointed it out to me.If anyone has some good pics of the LS in OPP please post,Thanks

Last edited by Whipple1; 08-22-08 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-22-08, 03:21 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I haven't even seen Opaline Pearl in person, they don't have it up here.
We had Glacier Frost for the 2007 LS460, I saw one in our neighborhood, but they cancelled it for 2008 without replacing it with anything else.
Old 08-22-08, 04:21 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You can see the Opaline Pearl color at the Lexus.com website, but it's really hard to distinguish; however, any dealer should be able to show you a paint sample from their Lexus manual. Further, you can see that color here, in a previous 2006 CL discussion here, and here. Toyota also has a better clearer chart here. You just need to hit the related paint link for a closer look. The color code is 1G5.
Old 08-22-08, 06:55 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I'm just saying that as a man, maybe I'm too insecure to be seen driving a pink car around

Don't worry, as Jerry Seinfeld would say, not that there's anything wrong with that!
Old 08-23-08, 01:33 AM
Whipple1
Rookie

I found some nice pics of the opaline pearl.http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_po...4&photoIndex=1
Old 08-23-08, 08:31 AM
Stoks
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whipple1
I found some nice pics of the opaline pearl.http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_po...4&photoIndex=1
You know, in that photo the car looks white. The thing about that particular paint though, is it really does have a dynamic quality about it. You can look at it one moment and swear it's white. The next moment, the sunlight shifts and the car is pink!

I'll say this, it's certainly the most unique color in the LS lineup.