LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

All Audio Died. Clicking Noise Started

Old 04-18-08, 11:29 PM
cmr3rd
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question All Audio Died. Clicking Noise Started

Driving down the road today listening to radio in my 2007 LS460. The sound suddenly stopped and just a repeating loud clicking sound is heard. No radio, CD, or Handsfree sound, just annoying clicking even when audio is off. Turned off car and restarted. Same clicking. Disconnecting amp in trunk only way to stop clicking noise. Dealer stratching head and is saying come back next week and leave car. Any ideas on cause or failure?
Old 04-18-08, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

my bet is a blown amp?
Old 04-19-08, 04:46 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had this problem when car was around 2000km. Went straight to the dealer, and they gave me replacement car, said sorry we will fix it. It was amplifier. It died. Also, while I took it to the dealer, that took around 1 hour, and when dealer looked at the amplifier in the boot, they couldn't touch it because it was hot as hell (possible of fire apperence, caution). They contacted Europe central datebase, and they assumed it was amplier died simptoms. Ordered new one.

I suggest to tell your dealer to order new aplifier, that it won't take your time going in and out of dealer for several times.

P.S. it was mark levinson amplifier, on LS600hL.

P.P.S. they had at that time another 600hL in saloon, and they tested if that amplifier worked. So they knew problem was amlifier.

Simptoms: driving normaly, and sudenly, it started Ticking as like CD jamed. Turning of audio system doesn't change anything. Volume controls does nothing (not even showing how much volume in numbers).
Old 04-19-08, 04:48 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

P.S. asked detail manager, how much does it cost if I needed to replace it sometime when warranty ends. So it cost's 9000$...not so cheap...
Old 04-19-08, 03:05 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audriuss
P.S. asked detail manager, how much does it cost if I needed to replace it sometime when warranty ends. So it cost's 9000$...not so cheap...
Yikes, the entire ML sound system only costs about $3K.
Old 04-19-08, 06:35 PM
ironhorse
Driver

I am shocked to hear this, because friday I picked up my car and on the way home mine did the very same thing, sounded like a woodpecker was in the car or a metal chisel tapping like mad. I went back to the dealer and they checked it out and the amp was red hot!!!! They ordered me a new one and had it overnighted to fix the problem. I was told the part was 1900 dollars which was covered under warranty. I have a great dealer 10 min from the house and they always take great care of their customers, had the car fixed the next day by noon.
Old 04-19-08, 06:38 PM
ironhorse
Driver

PS Mine is a 2008 with 8,000 happy miles
Old 04-19-08, 07:15 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

I'm having a similar problem with mine...except a high pitched noise comes out of my speakers whether the stereo is on or off. I also have the ML system. The dealer doesn't know what to do. They are going to start by replacing the amp and then maybe the head unit.
Old 04-19-08, 10:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

2000 for amp sounds about right here in the US
Old 04-20-08, 04:15 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

so I guess it must be some kind of faulty ML amplifier system. I think, that ML are having, or already had a big talk about amplifiers...hoping to hear some problem fixing as for real, not just to replace amplifier with the same one.

As soon as there will be some kind of problem found with ML amp, and fix will be made, I am going to ask dealer to change it, cause I don't want to experience the same anoyng sound, that cannot be turned of...
Old 04-20-08, 09:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Audriuss
so I guess it must be some kind of faulty ML amplifier system. I think, that ML are having, or already had a big talk about amplifiers...hoping to hear some problem fixing as for real, not just to replace amplifier with the same one.

As soon as there will be some kind of problem found with ML amp, and fix will be made, I am going to ask dealer to change it, cause I don't want to experience the same anoyng sound, that cannot be turned of...
back in 01 when ML was FIRST introduced on lexus, they had a recall soon after coz' of a faulty amp setup. i think that was the case (similar to what happened here)

but i haven't heard a lot of issues on the ls460 though
Old 04-20-08, 12:47 PM
ironhorse
Driver

I was told mine was the first ML amp to go on a ls 460, they have seen it on the es350 and the Sc, I have 5 lexus cars in the past and all had the ML system and I never had any problems before so I am hoping this is just dumb luck all of my past cars had a min of 75,000 and I kept them about 3-4 years and like I said never had any problems. Just my 2 cents.......
Old 04-21-08, 07:32 PM
cmr3rd
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer ordered new ML amp today. "Never heard of it happening on LS". Will let you know outcome.
Old 04-22-08, 01:33 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

here, in LT, I have a friend in Lexus service, and he said that they already had another one dead ML amp on LS...don't think it is just dumb luck..hopping to hear som problem fix, as I said, don't want to have dead ML amp again...
Old 06-11-08, 03:48 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Just happened to mine today, on the LS600hL. New amp on its way. Didn't notice if it was hot in back (heck, it's Florida in the summer in a black car, of course it's hot).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=360778

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All Audio Died. Clicking Noise Started