LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

All Audio Died. Clicking Noise Started

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-08, 03:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

nothing to do with heat, from what i read it's been very random. someone had it soon after they got the car, someone had it yrs after. it was the worst back in 01 when ML first joined with lexus, but they have supposedly fixed the main problem.
Old 03-28-10, 08:08 AM
supraguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Amp problem is known issue on LS460. Happened to mine recently and I've been waiting for over a week on replacement Amp. You'd think they would stock sufficient supply given the occurence history. No radio and bluetooth is a big inconvenience. I'm very disappointed in the part availability timing.
Old 03-28-10, 09:28 AM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just had mine replaced a few days ago...lol
Old 08-10-10, 12:14 PM
suthom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question same audio clicking noise

My 2007 LS460 started this loud, irritating noise, between a high-pitch chirp and a click. It is coming through the speakers, but nothing else can be heard.
No radio, phone, etc.
What should I tell the Lexus dealer when I schedule the appt. and how can I get it to stop so I can drive the car. I have to drive 1 hour to the dealership and cannot possibly stand that noise for 5 minutes!!!!
Old 08-10-10, 12:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

umm, good question, dunno how to stop it when you drive, but yeah, tell them sound system is messed up...
Old 08-10-10, 03:03 PM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts

Was taking delivery of my CPO '07 LS and same problem, blown amp.

As a previous poster said, I hope that they've actually fixed the problem, and not just replaced it with the same faulty part...
Old 08-11-10, 03:02 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by suthom
My 2007 LS460 started this loud, irritating noise, between a high-pitch chirp and a click. It is coming through the speakers, but nothing else can be heard.
No radio, phone, etc.
What should I tell the Lexus dealer when I schedule the appt. and how can I get it to stop so I can drive the car. I have to drive 1 hour to the dealership and cannot possibly stand that noise for 5 minutes!!!!
applifier is in the trunk on the left or right side behind covers. Just disconect electric wires and it will stop.
Old 11-15-10, 04:44 PM
Atarist
Driver School Candidate

Mine blew 6 days after I got the car....on a four hour drive. Could not get the fuse out until I bought a pair of needle nose. Its been in the shop for 8 days so far waiting on the new AMP. Having the dash rattle addressed while its there. The new AMP better be an upgrade.
Old 11-17-10, 05:40 PM
batbigham
Driver School Candidate

Mine has just started making the clicking and crackling sound, but it appears to be from just the top front left speaker. It happens if the stereo is turned on or off. The music still works, but you hear the crackling in the background. It is truly annoying. I am calling the dealer tomorrow and see what they say...
Old 01-06-11, 04:29 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine blew today on my 2007 as I was on the phone. I didn't know what the problem was but the dealer knew based on my description of the symptoms. They ordered a new one and said it would be delivered in 3 to 5 business days.

Greg
Old 01-06-11, 07:30 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

for everyone losing the amp are these only the ML amps or have any of you with premium systems lost your pioneer amp?
Old 01-06-11, 07:57 PM
vancouverl
Driver

Has anyone had the amp replaced under the extended warranty ?please share experience as many 07 factory warranties are coming to an end
Old 01-06-11, 09:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by cmasten
for everyone losing the amp are these only the ML amps or have any of you with premium systems lost your pioneer amp?
so far the ones i have seen, all ML
Old 01-07-11, 04:32 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
so far the ones i have seen, all ML
Yes, mine was a ML, too.
Old 09-25-11, 01:44 PM
tdellat
Driver School Candidate

LS 460 clicking noise on MLS Stereo

I was driving to NY from RI , listening to jazz when, with another 80 miles to go, the stereo shut off and this annoying, non-stop, loud click comes over the speakers. I pulled over to the breakdown lane, shut engine off then restarted. Same clicking. Also noted that I couldn't turn volume down on the menu list. Also voice recognition and blurred to my iPhone was out. ****!!!!!!!!! All of a sudden this beautiful car becomes. A piece of **** cause I have to listen to this effen click . I got to NY and started and next day went to Lexus dealer in Hartsdale. The service rep told me immediately that I blew the stereo amp. I said I will get it repaired but please stop that clicking. **It's giving me a convulsion.
He says "there is no fix until your dealer gets you a new amp and that will take a week to get the amp".
**I am writing this to tell you not to listen to these fools. Here's what you do: *1) look in the Do It Yourself section under Fuse Boxes 2) one Fuse Box is under the hood on the passenger side- you have to open it so that you can access a Fuse Puller which is hidden underneath the fuse box cover . 3) now you must access the fuse box in the trunk on the driver side- *it's kind of hidden and covered by a velcro door. *4). Unclip the plastic fuse box cover . 5) make sure the car is on level ground just in case the car rolls back on you if you pull the brake fuse by accident. 6) Now you pull the Fifth Fuse Down From The Top On the Left Side of The Fuse Box- it is a 5 Amp fuse .
Now restart and Abbracadabra. **No more ****ing clicking noise! Hahhahahaha. Now you can be proud of yourself when you go to the dealer to order your new amp. You can even ask them what the problem of the click is and how do you get rid of it. If they tell you're screwed you can laugh at them like I did and show them how to get rid of it.
*Order your new amp and remember that it should be covered under the warranty. *Happy Motoring!

Sent from my iPhone

Quick Reply: All Audio Died. Clicking Noise Started