LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Im hoping on board, please help w/ choosing the LS460

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-08, 08:10 AM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Im hoping on board, please help w/ choosing the LS460

Hi there everyone..

Ive reading on this LS forum for a few months now, thanks to henry and mark's car... Ive seriously decided to look into buying an LS. I guess i'm going to be patient and just wait for the right one. When i got the GS350 last July, it was kinda rushed...so i really didnt like it a few months later. so i got rid of that one, and now im looking for an LS.
Heres what ive found and i will be heading to the dealership later on today after work.. I either want a blk/blk or starfire w/ alabaster all SWB. the dealership has both which i will be looking at later.. but the problem is, the blk/blk has 300 miles on it. i guess, they let a customer borrow the car thinking that once he has the car he will buy it. i guess he kept it a few days and decided not to. both cars are equipped the same, w/ just nav/ml a $71,735 car. does anyone know he actual "real" invoice? also, what is a good price to offer? especially the one w/ so much miles. the starfire/ alabaster has only 50 or so miles he says.. but i'll see when i get there.

well, i just wanted to see ur input on this..give me some of ur opinions and thoughts. it would be greatly appreciated.

oh yah, he did mention to me that they want $64,300 for the blk/blk w/ 300 miles on it already. But I havent started negotioning or anything.

thanks thanks thanks

lisalisa
Old 01-26-08, 09:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

lol, lisa, so i didn't say anything and now you are falling into the trap very nice

the invoice for the car is around 63 or 64k. for the blk/blk, is that on a used title or new? 300 miles for a new car is a bit excessive. if it's used, then tell them it's a joke if they ask for invoice. it has to be under invoice coz' it's USED car, period. are they both 08?

color preference is really personal so i will leave that up to you, you should drive both cars and see which one you like most, especially the interior color is different as well

for a new car, i think invoice + 2k is a good price for the current market, so you can do the math
Old 01-26-08, 07:24 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, lisa, so i didn't say anything and now you are falling into the trap very nice

the invoice for the car is around 63 or 64k. for the blk/blk, is that on a used title or new? 300 miles for a new car is a bit excessive. if it's used, then tell them it's a joke if they ask for invoice. it has to be under invoice coz' it's USED car, period. are they both 08?

color preference is really personal so i will leave that up to you, you should drive both cars and see which one you like most, especially the interior color is different as well

for a new car, i think invoice + 2k is a good price for the current market, so you can do the math
hahah, i just got back from the dealership and yes, the car has 307 miles. but apparently, the car was never registered. i believe it was something along the lines that the original guy did not get the credit approved. i offered them 1k below invoice...well, and that didnt work. oh well.. i think im going to wait it out for a good rate. the MF this month is a little like .00265 im hoping that feb will be a little better. but yah, the starfire is out. the only way to go is blk/blk. thanks henry.
Old 01-26-08, 08:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have seen cases like that, lisa. someone bought the car, drove it off, but credit didn't go through so they had to re-pocess the car. so sorry to say, but that's still continued used imho. it left the lot, someone drove it, period. offering invoice is not enough. that's me
Old 01-26-08, 08:48 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Black/black sounds like a very nice choice...have you looked around at other dealerships? It sounds fair to seek a more favorable deal on the 300 mi. vehicle vs. one that was not previously bought (totally new), even if just for a (somewhat) short period...sounds like the dealership is ambitiously trying to recover from the original purchase.

Good luck with your purchase!

Last edited by encore888; 01-26-08 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-27-08, 11:14 AM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by encore888
Black/black sounds like a very nice choice...have you looked around at other dealerships? It sounds fair to seek a more favorable deal on the 300 mi. vehicle vs. one that was not previously bought (totally new), even if just for a (somewhat) short period...sounds like the dealership is ambitiously trying to recover from the original purchase.

Good luck with your purchase!
yah, im looking. i going to take my time and find the right deal. i dont want to feel like i got ripped off u know. like i said before im not in any hurry. i still got my sc430 and will always. but ive started looking for kits and wheels. hahaha soo bad. i know i'll get one in a few months. if the right deal comes, i'll ****** it. if not, i'll wait..

but i do thanks u guys for all ur info..its been so helpful!
Old 02-01-08, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 460LEX
"yah, im looking. i going to take my time and find the right deal. i dont want to feel like i got ripped off u know. like i said before im not in any hurry. i still got my sc430 and will always. but ive started looking for kits and wheels. hahaha soo bad. i know i'll get one in a few months. if the right deal comes, i'll ****** it. if not, i'll wait..

but i do thanks u guys for all ur info..its been so helpful!"

Only in America.
what is that supposed to mean?
Old 02-01-08, 12:10 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
what is that supposed to mean?
hahaha, my thoughts exactly.. but whatever.
Old 02-01-08, 01:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, it helps to not be rushed, as the dealerships love customers that just can't wait to get into the car. Good things happen to those who wait, or so they say.
Old 02-01-08, 01:27 PM
gnomedll
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lisalisa
Hi there everyone..

Ive reading on this LS forum for a few months now, thanks to henry and mark's car... Ive seriously decided to look into buying an LS. I guess i'm going to be patient and just wait for the right one. When i got the GS350 last July, it was kinda rushed...so i really didnt like it a few months later. so i got rid of that one, and now im looking for an LS.
Heres what ive found and i will be heading to the dealership later on today after work.. I either want a blk/blk or starfire w/ alabaster all SWB. the dealership has both which i will be looking at later.. but the problem is, the blk/blk has 300 miles on it. i guess, they let a customer borrow the car thinking that once he has the car he will buy it. i guess he kept it a few days and decided not to. both cars are equipped the same, w/ just nav/ml a $71,735 car. does anyone know he actual "real" invoice? also, what is a good price to offer? especially the one w/ so much miles. the starfire/ alabaster has only 50 or so miles he says.. but i'll see when i get there.

well, i just wanted to see ur input on this..give me some of ur opinions and thoughts. it would be greatly appreciated.

oh yah, he did mention to me that they want $64,300 for the blk/blk w/ 300 miles on it already. But I havent started negotioning or anything.

thanks thanks thanks

lisalisa

Lisa, see the LS460 SWB invoice excel format.
Attached Files
File Type: xls
LS460 INVOICE.xls (24.0 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by gnomedll; 02-01-08 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-01-08, 01:43 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gnomedll
Lisa, see the LS460 SWB invoice excel format.
thanks so much...i am looking to lease and so it seems the feb rates are same as jan... i thought it would go down. but it didnt
Old 02-01-08, 02:45 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Don't worry, the Fed will be cutting rates every month through June. Other rates will follow.
Old 02-01-08, 02:58 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Don't worry, the Fed will be cutting rates every month through June. Other rates will follow.
i sure hope so...but the more i keep looking at henry and marks car i want it asap. i already been looking for the wheels and kit. hahaha so bad. im such an impatient person so its killing me. i cant decide to get 22's or 20's haha
Old 02-01-08, 03:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lol, lisa, wants to just take over my car?
Old 02-01-08, 04:25 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

What are the thoughts in here on a single pay lease? I usually plop down the cash when I buy our cars, but my wife bought a new RX350 in Dec and we ended up going with the single pay lease. The only reason I bring this up is because I'm considering going that route on my 08 LS460 purchase. The single pay would be about $41,000 for a 3 year deal w/ 15K miles. I'm not sure yet what the buy back would be at the end of that period, but, just wondering about thoughts on such a lease. Thanks.....

Quick Reply: Im hoping on board, please help w/ choosing the LS460