LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone getting even close to $2K over invoice for an 08 LS460L?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-08, 03:21 PM
Lecksys
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the works, only problem is this particular salesman wants a deposit to secure a car, before providing me with an official sales price of $2K over invoice. And we've already been to this dealership face to face, and it's where we bought our previous car.

He mentioned "you know, the car I do find may have 1 or 2 extras on it, but the difference would be minimal, and no matter what, $2K over invoice".
Old 01-18-08, 04:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

no, don't agree on that. that doesn't make any sense. he finds the car, he let you know the price, and you get it
Old 01-18-08, 04:36 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lecksys
In the works, only problem is this particular salesman wants a deposit to secure a car, before providing me with an official sales price of $2K over invoice. And we've already been to this dealership face to face, and it's where we bought our previous car.

He mentioned "you know, the car I do find may have 1 or 2 extras on it, but the difference would be minimal, and no matter what, $2K over invoice".
Yea, don't do that. You don't need to. If he wants an assurance, just ask him why you prior purchase doesn't provide any assurance? If you give him $2K, he can take his time getting it. If he KNOWs he has to work for it, he may get something viable quicker. As others stated. Shop only on the last day of the month.
Old 01-19-08, 05:05 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe that you have so many Lexus dealerships in the area!!! Where I live we have two and they are both owned by the same person making dealing much more difficult.
Old 01-19-08, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by luxury1
I can't believe that you have so many Lexus dealerships in the area!!! Where I live we have two and they are both owned by the same person making dealing much more difficult.
yes, here in socal, 15 mins driving in ANY of the direction and you will hit a dealership for sure.

imagine how many lexus here in socal
Old 01-21-08, 03:54 PM
Lecksys
Driver School Candidate

Glad to hear your comments on that deal, definitely not a good way for the salesman to handle it.

Just saw the comment by Bonka that says to only shop on the last day of the month. I'm so frustrated talking to people and trying to 'locate a car'.

I've had numerous salespeople tell me that Lexus is purposefully holding back cars to keep supply down. I told him I bought our 2005 LS 430 for like $1200 over invoice, in Dec. of 04, and he said 'yeah, that sounds right, but you can't get that deal anymore because back in 05 dealers had cars sitting on their lots'
Old 01-28-08, 07:11 AM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lecksys
Glad to hear your comments on that deal, definitely not a good way for the salesman to handle it.

Just saw the comment by Bonka that says to only shop on the last day of the month. I'm so frustrated talking to people and trying to 'locate a car'.

I've had numerous salespeople tell me that Lexus is purposefully holding back cars to keep supply down. I told him I bought our 2005 LS 430 for like $1200 over invoice, in Dec. of 04, and he said 'yeah, that sounds right, but you can't get that deal anymore because back in 05 dealers had cars sitting on their lots'
Are you trading a LS430? Is this purchase for yourself or a family member/friend?
Old 02-03-08, 12:37 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Lecksys,

I sent you a PM with some info...........
Old 02-04-08, 06:13 AM
GS430X6
Pole Position

Friday I got the new car fever, drove to JM Lexus ready to buy that day. They had 6 L’s in stock, I test drove a LS460L Touring model, MSRP was around $80,800 I was trading in my 2006 GS430 which only has 28K miles and is in perfect condition.

I test drove the car paying close attention to the wind noise issue, I did notice some wind nosie but compared to my GS it was as quite as being in a casket 6 feet under. So ready to deal I offered him 4K over invoice, best deal I could get was $79,600 and $31,500 for my trade. Not much of a deal if you ask me. KBB on my car is $36,500 and I paid 58K I thought Lexus holds their value? Guess not anymore.

So the salesman convinced me to test drive a SWB which I did, BTW, they have 76 SWB in stock, yes I said 76 and I saw them in person. Anyhow, the wind noise was 4 times louder then the L model and after driving the Touring model the two don’t compare as far as how they handle. The SWB has way too much body roll in corners for me.

I have waited almost two years for this car so they could fix the bugs that are common with first year vehicles and for what? So I can give the dealer $10,000 in profit? I did it with my GS but never again. So in short looks like I may end up with a MB or BMW since Lexus won’t deal on the Touring model. I hope Lexus and their dealers are not becoming so caught up in their own name that they truly believe they have reached perfection, that was the impression I got when trying to make a deal, our cars are perfect, take it or leave it, looks like I will be leaving it.

Signed,

soon to be former Lexus owner
Old 02-04-08, 06:56 AM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't follow that logic.....if they had 76 SWB models in, seems like they'd be willing to deal to get them off the lot unless they are flying off at MSRP. Now, on the "L"s, if they only had 6 of them, I could see them being a bit tight on the price. Go figure.

Of course, I say that and the dealership here in Charleston, SC has never been willing to deal either. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 02-04-08, 07:13 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GS430X6
I have waited almost two years for this car so they could fix the bugs that are common with first year vehicles and for what? So I can give the dealer $10,000 in profit? I did it with my GS but never again. So in short looks like I may end up with a MB or BMW since Lexus won’t deal on the Touring model. I hope Lexus and their dealers are not becoming so caught up in their own name that they truly believe they have reached perfection, that was the impression I got when trying to make a deal, our cars are perfect, take it or leave it, looks like I will be leaving it.

Signed,

I have run into the same thing with my dealer. They want close to MSRP for their car but will only give you $5000-$6000 BELOW POOR KBB Trade-in Value for your car with extremely low mileage and in excellent condition. I have found the Lexus dealers in my area to be quite arrogant in dealing with them. They act like they are doing you a favor in selling you a car. I used to think the Mercedes dealers were arrogant until I bought my Lexus. This one will likely be my last one too.
Old 02-29-08, 01:08 PM
grda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS430X6
Friday I got the new car fever, drove to JM Lexus ready to buy that day. They had 6 L’s in stock, I test drove a LS460L Touring model, MSRP was around $80,800 I was trading in my 2006 GS430 which only has 28K miles and is in perfect condition.

I test drove the car paying close attention to the wind noise issue, I did notice some wind nosie but compared to my GS it was as quite as being in a casket 6 feet under. So ready to deal I offered him 4K over invoice, best deal I could get was $79,600 and $31,500 for my trade. Not much of a deal if you ask me. KBB on my car is $36,500 and I paid 58K I thought Lexus holds their value? Guess not anymore.

So the salesman convinced me to test drive a SWB which I did, BTW, they have 76 SWB in stock, yes I said 76 and I saw them in person. Anyhow, the wind noise was 4 times louder then the L model and after driving the Touring model the two don’t compare as far as how they handle. The SWB has way too much body roll in corners for me.

Signed,

That's too bad. I am a new LS owner. I have a 08 460 SWB and did not notice much difference between LWB and SWB in terms of noise. So far love the car very much and it is whisper quiet.
Old 03-01-08, 09:16 PM
kbinfl
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT
Well, I'm finally the proud owner of an '08 SWB; Black Sapphire/Alabaster. MSRP: 72,435. Got it for $61,901 plus tax, tags and title. Build date is 01/08, so this hasn't been sitting around too long. By my calculation, this is below published invoice. Excellent deal!! Got it from Lexus of Palm Beach after lots of back and forth with management. As I posted another thread, all Florida dealers tack on Dealer Service Fee between $500-$800. That said, I still feel I came out pretty good. The JM Lexus ad helped seal it!!
Old 03-02-08, 05:30 AM
jettie1767
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience with my Lexus dealer is exactly the opposite of what you've experienced. I've never had any problems dealing with them and I'm on my 6th Lexus. On the other hand, the Benz dealer I go to was still not open to giving me their absolute best price even after 3 cars with him in a span of 3 years just 3 weeks ago. I ended up going to BMW which, for the first time, gave me a good deal since I started trying to buy one like 10 years ago...LOL.
Old 03-02-08, 08:09 AM
rajwany
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kbinfl
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT
Well, I'm finally the proud owner of an '08 SWB; Black Sapphire/Alabaster. MSRP: 72,435. Got it for $61,901 plus tax, tags and title. Build date is 01/08, so this hasn't been sitting around too long. By my calculation, this is below published invoice. Excellent deal!! Got it from Lexus of Palm Beach after lots of back and forth with management. As I posted another thread, all Florida dealers tack on Dealer Service Fee between $500-$800. That said, I still feel I came out pretty good. The JM Lexus ad helped seal it!!
wow thats almost 2000 under cost. way to go.

Quick Reply: Anyone getting even close to $2K over invoice for an 08 LS460L?