LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The Eagle has landed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 05:35 AM
ironhorse
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, Mike, great color combo you have there, looking at the pics I thought it was the black with the alabaster.
Old 01-04-08, 07:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Thanks, Andrew - but my dash is a cocoa brown color ... kinda like a milk chocolate instead of grey. In any case, I think the light color is classy-looking, especially in contrast with the SGM exterior. Not all will agree, and I may kick myself if it's a bear to keep blue jean stains off of it.

It's interesting that a dash that looks gray in your picture can look milk chocolate/cocoa brown in person - I would appreciate if you can take some high resolution pics of the interior & post them here (ask for help if you need help resizing & posting them).

I have sat in the cashmere interior too many times, & the Alabaster too, & the dash always looks gray to me, although it may have a slight brownish hue . . .

Last edited by Gojirra99; 01-04-08 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-04-08, 02:32 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
It's interesting that a dash that looks gray in your picture can look milk chocolate/cocoa brown in person - I would appreciate if you can take some high resolution pics of the interior & post them here (ask for help if you need help resizing & posting them).

I have sat in the cashmere interior too many times, & the Alabaster too, & the dash always looks gray to me, although it may have a slight brownish hue . . .
Here is a shot I just took of the interior, and I think it shows the "milk chocolate" color a little better:

The 100kb limitation on image zie on CL makes it harder to show detail, so this one is from my own site. Does it look more brownish to you in this pic?

Old 01-04-08, 02:35 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Here is another shot I just took. It's atill a little overcast here, but the light was a little better:

Not black - good ol' SGM ... just enough lighter than black to avoid the Curse of Black.

Old 01-04-08, 02:42 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. It seems to be a great car and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. For now, I'm still in learning mode, though, so it'll take a while to un-learn my previous systems and re-learn the new ones.

I'm embarrassed to say I thought I had Advanced parking Guidance System (the self-parking thingy), but I don't. We were looking at a lot of cars, and it seems that the one I ended up with has only the Intuitive Parking. I'm totally fine with that, since I didn't expect to ever use the other one anyway.

But I wanted to set the record straight.

Old 01-04-08, 02:53 PM
allklr
Pole Position

I messed with the advanced parking just a few times in an empty parking lot, never used it in the real world use. Your not missing anything
Old 01-04-08, 02:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Thanks everyone for the congratulations. It seems to be a great car and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. For now, I'm still in learning mode, though, so it'll take a while to un-learn my previous systems and re-learn the new ones.

I'm embarrassed to say I thought I had Advanced parking Guidance System (the self-parking thingy), but I don't. We were looking at a lot of cars, and it seems that the one I ended up with has only the Intuitive Parking. I'm totally fine with that, since I didn't expect to ever use the other one anyway.

But I wanted to set the record straight.

believe me, you are not missing much without the advanced guidance. i think i have used mine maybe 6-7 times, ALL of them demo to people who come visit me and are interested to see the steering wheel turns by itself. thank god i live in a quiet neighborhood without much traffic so i can "explain" and demo pushing all the buttons, otherwise i would have been rear ended...
Old 01-04-08, 07:18 PM
guy999
Driver School Candidate

yeah, i think living in texas you probably wouldn't use it alot, maybe in nyc or chicago or la or something..
Old 01-04-08, 09:38 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

The self-park feature is an option I would rather not pay for, Lexus got a lot of buzz from it, but it's much more useful for Lexus marketing rather than for the consumers.
I would rather pay for something like the APSSS to be made available as an option for the LS460L rather than made to waste money on a gimmick . . .
Old 01-04-08, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Robarapta
The self-park feature is an option I would rather not pay for, Lexus got a lot of buzz from it, but it's much more useful for Lexus marketing rather than for the consumers.
I would rather pay for something like the APSSS to be made available as an option for the LS460L rather than made to waste money on a gimmick . . .
i agree, if APSSS is available? man, i am sooooo over that
Old 01-04-08, 10:08 PM
LexFather

Nice color combo!!!! Congrats!
Old 01-05-08, 04:26 AM
guy999
Driver School Candidate

what's apsss. i google'd it but no luck
Old 01-05-08, 06:58 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by guy999
what's apsss. i google'd it but no luck
Active Power Stabilizer Suspension System, available for the LS600hL & the GS450h.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 01-05-08 at 07:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-05-08, 08:39 AM
allklr
Pole Position

That is pretty cool, I would have rather had that then the parking feature also. Is this Lexus's answer to MB's ABC?
Old 01-05-08, 09:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by allklr
That is pretty cool, I would have rather had that then the parking feature also. Is this Lexus's answer to MB's ABC?
yes, you can say that. it's computer controlled variable sway bar. i tried it on the 450h, it's amazing, handling is dramatically improved

now it's also available option on the gs460 i believe

Quick Reply: The Eagle has landed.