LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I am looking for a lexus ls460 and need your help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 03:48 PM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am looking for a lexus ls460 and need your help!!!!

I am looking for a lexus LS460. Down is the list of what I want to have in it. I want also to get it as cheap as I can and want to export it. Can you help??
On lexus.com they say it costs 72.000. Can I get it cheaper. I just love that car and dream of it. If I can get it for 44.000 euro than I can get it.

JM Lexus
5350 W. Sample Road
Margate, FL 33073
(954) 972-2200
Map/Driving Directions

STANDARD FEATURES
Performance Features

-
4.6-liter V8, four cam, four valves per cylinder, with dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence and Electronic intake valve timing (VVT-iE)

-
380 hp @ 6,400 rpm [1], 367 lb-ft torque @ 4,100 rpm [1]

-
Eight-speed sequential-shift automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)

-
Front suspension: Independent, upper and lower multi-link double joint suspension arms with coil-over monotube shock absorbers and stabilizer bar

-
Rear suspension: Independent, multi-link double joint suspension arms with coil-over monotube shock absorbers and stabilizer bar

-
Rear-wheel drive

-
Electronic Power Steering (EPS)

-
Four-wheel ventilated electronic power-assisted disc brakes

-
18-in nine-spoke alloy wheels with 235/50VR18 all-season tires [2][3]

-
Estimated fuel consumption: 16/24 mpg city/highway [4]
Luxury and Convenience Features

-
Medium brown walnut, dark gray bird's-eye maple or dark brown ash burl interior wood trim

-
Leather-trimmed interior

-
Wood- and leather-trimmed heated steering wheel

-
Steering-wheel-mounted audio, brake hold and display controls

-
Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column

-
Wood-and leather-trimmed shift ****

-
TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) multi-information display

-
Voice-activated HDD Navigation System [5] with backup camera [6], Bluetooth® technology [7], XM® Satellite Radio [8] and real-time traffic capability

-
Lexus 10-speaker Premium Sound System with Digital Sound Processor, Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer

-
Auxiliary iPod® [9]/MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) port

-
In-glass antenna with FM-diversity system

-
Shark-fin antenna

-
16-way driver's (including dual-function lumbar) and 12-way front passenger's (including lumbar) power seats

-
Climate-control front seats with heat/cool ****

-
Lexus Memory System to control power driver's seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel

-
Dual-zone automatic climate control with interior air filter, smog sensor and automatic recirculation mode

-
Power windows with one-touch auto open/close feature

-
Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade

-
Exterior glass with UV reduction

-
Laminated side glass

-
Remote-linked window and moonroof opening

-
Retained accessory power for moonroof and windows

-
Power rear sunshade

-
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside rearview mirror and outside mirrors

-
Power door locks

-
Power door closers

-
One-touch open/close power trunk

-
Cruise control

-
SmartAccess [10] with push-button Start/Stop

-
Center console with sliding armrest and storage bin

-
Foldable front-door storage pockets

-
HomeLink® universal transceiver to operate compatible garage, gate, home lighting and home security systems

-
Illuminated entry system

-
Electroluminescent instrumentation

-
Illuminated interior electronic trunk-lid and fuel-filler door releases

-
Front and rear lighted vanity mirrors

-
Automatic on/off projector-beam headlamps with auto-off delay

-
Electronic parking brake

-
Outside temperature gauge

-
Dual cupholders, front and rear

-
Carpeted floor mats
Safety and Security Features

-
Driver's and front passenger's advanced airbag system (SRS) [11] with front passenger's twin-chamber airbag

-
Front seat-mounted side airbags (SRS) [11]

-
Driver's and front passenger's knee airbags (SRS) [11]

-
Front and rear side curtain airbags (SRS) [11]

-
Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions, pre-tensioners with force limiters for front and outboard rear seats

-
Automatic Locking Retractor/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) seatbelts for rear outboard seating positions. Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) only for driver's seat

-
Child Restraint Seat (CRS) tether anchor brackets for rear outboard seating positions

-
Four-wheel ventilated power-assisted disc brakes

-
Electronic Controlled Braking (ECB)

-
Four-sensor, four-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)

-
Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) [12]

-
Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [12]

-
Traction Control (TRAC)

-
Brake Assist [13]

-
Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)

-
Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System [14]

-
Highly rigid body structure with front and rear crumple zones

-
Side-impact door beams

-
Reinforcements in pillars and doorsills

-
Impact-dissipating upper interior trim

-
Collapsible steering column

-
High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto leveling

-
Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

-
Headlamp washers

-
Daytime running lights

-
Integrated foglamps

-
LED taillamps

-
Water-repellent front-door glass

-
Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

-
Rear window defogger with auto-off timer

-
Power-adjustable, auto-folding outside mirrors with defoggers, puddle lamps and auto tilt-down in reverse

-
Vehicle theft-deterrent and engine-immobilizer system

-
Emergency interior trunk release

-
First aid kit

-
Tool kit

[1] Ratings achieved using the required premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 or higher. If premium fuel is not used, performance will decrease.

[2] 18-in or 19-in tires are expected to experience greater tire wear than conventional tires. Tire life may be substantially less than 15,000 miles, depending on driving conditions. Please see your Lexus dealer for details and other information relating to tire selection.

[3] Do not change the OEM wheel size (19-in for Touring Model, 18-in for all others). Using other than the OEM wheel size could cause damage to the vehicle. If you replace the wheels, be sure they are the same size as the original wheels.

[4] EPA-estimated ratings. Actual mileage will vary. For more information on MPG and EPA ratings please visit the FAQ page.

[5] The voice-activated HDD Navigation System is designed to assist in locating an address or point of interest. XM® NavTraffic™ requires a monthly service fee and is designed to provide real-time traffic or alternative routes of travel. Discrepancies may be encountered between the system and your actual location. Road system changes may affect the accuracy of the information provided. Rely on your common sense to decide whether to follow a specified route. Detailed coverage not available in every city or roadway. Periodic Navigation updates available at an additional cost. Please see your Navigation System Owner's Manual for further details.

[6] The backup camera, available only with the Navigation System, does not provide a comprehensive view of the rear area of the vehicle. You should also look around outside your vehicle and use your mirrors to confirm rearward clearance. Cold weather will limit effectiveness and view may become cloudy.

[7] The Bluetooth® technology phones listed on lexus.com have been tested for compatibility with Lexus vehicles. Performance will vary based on phone software version, coverage and your wireless carrier. Phones are warranted by their manufacturer, not Lexus.

[8] Functioning XM® Satellite Radio requires a compatible receiver and monthly service fee. Please see your Lexus dealer for further details. Reception of the satellite signal may vary depending on location. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions subject to the terms and conditions available at www.xmradio.com. Available only in the 48 contiguous United States.

[9] iPod is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.

[10] The SmartAccess system may interfere with some pacemakers or cardiac defibrillators. If you have one of these medical devices, please talk to your doctor to see if you should deactivate this system.

[11] All the airbag "AB" systems are Supplemental Restraint Systems. All ABs (if installed) are designed to inflate only under certain conditions and in certain types of severe collisions: frontal and knee ABs typically inflate in frontal collisions; side and side curtain ABs in side collisions; Roll-Sensing Curtain ABs at a severe tilt degree, roll or lateral G-force. In all other accidents, the ABs will not inflate. To decrease the risk of injury from an inflating AB, always wear seatbelts, sit upright in the middle of the seat as far back as possible and do not lean against the door. Do not put objects in front of an AB or around the seatback. Do not use a rearward-facing child seat in any front passenger seat. The force of an inflating AB may cause serious injury or death. Please see your Owner's Manual for further information/warnings.

[12] Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) are electronic systems designed to help the driver maintain control under adverse conditions. They are not substitutes for safe driving practices. Factors including speed, road conditions and driver steering input can all affect whether VSC and VDIM will be effective in preventing a loss of control. Please see your Owner's Manual for further details.

[13] Brake Assist is designed to help the driver take full advantage of the benefits of ABS. It is not a substitute for safe driving practices. Braking effectiveness also depends on proper brake-system maintenance and tire and road conditions.

[14] The Lexus Tire Pressure Monitor System alerts the driver when tire pressure is critically low. For optimal tire wear and performance, tire pressure should be checked regularly with a gauge; do not rely solely on the monitor system. Please see your Owner's Manual for details.

[22] Headphones are for passenger use only. Do not use while operating vehicle.

* MSRP does not include delivery, processing and handling fee of $765. Excludes taxes, title, license and optional equipment. Dealer price may vary.

** MSRP includes delivery, processing and handling fee. Excludes taxes, title, license and optional equipment. Dealer price may vary. Does not include accessory options installed by dealer.

† "Delivery, processing and handling fee" is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Lexus provides, as well as Lexus' overall pricing structure. Lexus may make a profit on the delivery, processing and handling fee.

Lexus tries to make sure that availability information is accurate and up-to-date. However, exact configuration details cannot be guaranteed at all times, and vehicle availability may be subject to change prior to sale.
Old 12-05-07, 03:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

any reason why you are not getting it in europe?

JM lexus has a representative here, shannon, maybe you can talk to her about it and see what she can do. i am not sure about the export part

and for sure you can get it less than msrp
Old 12-05-07, 04:06 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

In the right market you can definitely get a $72,000 list SWB for $65,000 (or 44,000 euros). However, what are the transportation costs back to Ireland?
Old 12-05-07, 04:11 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

In the right market you can definitely get a $72,000 list SWB for $65,000
the black market? where can i find a deal like that!?
Old 12-05-07, 04:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RXSF
what's the invoice for 72k car? 63-64k? 65k might need some work, but i think 2-2.5k over invoice shouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-05-07, 04:33 PM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
In the right market you can definitely get a $72,000 list SWB for $65,000 (or 44,000 euros). However, what are the transportation costs back to Ireland?
I am in Iceland!!!
Old 12-05-07, 04:55 PM
Nospinzone

Originally Posted by B@tm@n
I am in Iceland!!!

Iceland, Ireland, what's the difference!
Old 12-05-07, 04:59 PM
Nospinzone

Originally Posted by RXSF
Come to Boston. Plenty of dealers and plenty of SWB's.

The sticker on my car was $73,322 and I paid $65,773. I'd bet you could get even a better deal now than I got back in March. And not black market, right from an authorized Lexus dealer.
Old 12-05-07, 06:09 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think we have had a few CL members on here import Lexus models to their country from the U.S.. I assume the prices for locally sold Lexus, via Lexus Iceland, are much higher... http://www.lexus.is/

Just an aside but I found out that the President of Iceland now drives an LS 600h http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/09...07-conference/
http://www.visir.is/article/20070707...148/-1/FRETTIR

Good luck with finding an LS 460 in the U.S. and getting it to your country, hopefully other owner-buyers here can suggest a good deal.

Last edited by encore888; 12-05-07 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-05-07, 06:16 PM
rajwany
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
what's the invoice for 72k car? 63-64k? 65k might need some work, but i think 2-2.5k over invoice shouldn't be a problem.
62853 to be exact is the invoice. checked it at a lexus dealership yesterday.
the mgr told me selling the car at 3000 over and including the holdbacks, he would make approx 7000/ car. believe it or not, the company he says wants to make an average of 9000 per car.
Old 12-05-07, 07:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the holdback on the ls460 is 4k? that sounds like a lot (when a 50k gs is only about 1k)

3k over invoice is a lot for that car, especially when there are surplus
Old 12-06-07, 03:35 AM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by encore888
I think we have had a few CL members on here import Lexus models to their country from the U.S.. I assume the prices for locally sold Lexus, via Lexus Iceland, are much higher... http://www.lexus.is/

Just an aside but I found out that the President of Iceland now drives an LS 600h http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/09...07-conference/
http://www.visir.is/article/20070707...148/-1/FRETTIR

Good luck with finding an LS 460 in the U.S. and getting it to your country, hopefully other owner-buyers here can suggest a good deal.
The praice from the dealer is insane here in Iceland and the LS 600 is also insane. My dad who is a BMW and porche who never wanted even to look at my IS250 now wants to buy and dreams of the LS460. But he is only able to buy it if we can get it for like 44000-45000 euros. Can you help me plz? We are talking about making a dream come true.
Old 12-06-07, 12:52 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds a bit challenging but let's see what we have here...

According to Nospinzone, who is from Massachussetts, USA (East Coast):
The sticker on my car was $73,322 and I paid $65,773. I'd bet you could get even a better deal now than I got back in March. And not black market, right from an authorized Lexus dealer.
Priced paid: $65,000 ≈ €44,000

According to rajwany, from Texas:
Originally Posted by rajwany
62853 to be exact is the invoice. checked it at a lexus dealership yesterday.
the mgr told me selling the car at 3000 over and including the holdbacks, he would make approx 7000/ car. believe it or not, the company he says wants to make an average of 9000 per car.

Invoice = $62,853 ≈ €42,500

Calculate shipping costs as well...are you able to make a deal with a US dealership?