LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)

Old 10-25-07, 09:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

no problem, this is one mod a lot of ls460 owners want
Old 10-28-07, 06:18 AM
thrang
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They apparently will have their credit card setup this week, wich is how I prefer to order - so I'm waiting until then.
Old 10-29-07, 09:59 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Can someone post a link where I can buy this?
Old 10-29-07, 02:34 PM
Duonguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by abboushi
Great find Henry.. i am ordering in the morning
Very interested to see this works,will buy and install myself,but very worry about the warranty for the car electronics,my car has "ghost in the machine",just yesterday,right after started,the brake warning light came on and the message something like "brake system problem,see a dealer",stayed on for a good 20 minutes of driving and automatically disappeared.Also,not related to that,sometimes when the car hits some bumps on the road,the sign of the car VSC (picture of car with 2 ss in the back) flickering,don't know if it is normal or not,so please advise,this is my first owned Lexus so am very novice.Thank you all for reading.
Old 10-29-07, 03:15 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Duonguyen
Very interested to see this works,will buy and install myself,but very worry about the warranty for the car electronics,my car has "ghost in the machine",just yesterday,right after started,the brake warning light came on and the message something like "brake system problem,see a dealer",stayed on for a good 20 minutes of driving and automatically disappeared.Also,not related to that,sometimes when the car hits some bumps on the road,the sign of the car VSC (picture of car with 2 ss in the back) flickering,don't know if it is normal or not,so please advise,this is my first owned Lexus so am very novice.Thank you all for reading.
I would agree with your concern about voiding the warranty.

If you hit bumps such that a tire loses traction and starts to spin, that light will come on until the tire regains traction.
Old 10-29-07, 04:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Duonguyen
i think that's the whole point about this overriide. it's completely plug and play, so if anything you just put everything back to stock and go in for warranty
Old 11-02-07, 12:01 PM
lexus111
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prestigous has sent e-mails showing that my module is on its way to me.
I will be installing it shortly after it arrives and post my findings
Old 11-02-07, 12:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

wow that's awesome, pretty fast!
Old 11-02-07, 02:28 PM
mmorozov
Driver

Same here. It was shipped today.
Old 11-03-07, 07:55 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, you gotta admit this is absurd. (BTW, I'm not a troll - I'm not a current Lexus owner, but I've owned 2 LS's, an RX and an IS350 over the years.)

I am driving two Acuras right now - an RL and an MDX - and I thank God just about every day that Acura gives us credit for the sense to operate a Nav system while driving. NOTHING is greyed out, disabled or otherwise crippled while the car is moving, and guess what? Acura owners aren't dying in droves from operating their Nav systems while in motion, and Acura isn't getting sued every five minutes.

Why does Toyota/Lexus fear the idea of giving drivers the use of their Nav systems while moving? I'm sorry, but even this 5-minute "kings-X" is ridiculous. Better than nothing, for sure, but what a sad joke for people who shell out big money for this car and then get only partial use of a system that's *intended* as a driving aid.

Shame on you, Lexus.

Old 11-04-07, 04:15 AM
LexusLean
Driver School Candidate

Default Of Course, Mike Hits The Nail Right On The Head

Like Mike, I too am always mystified as to why Honda/Acura hasn't been decimated by catastrophic lawsuit after catastrophic lawsuit for enabling full nav/audio functionality while in motion on their vehicles.

Because of this simple fact...that is, Acura/Honda enables full functionality of its nav/audio system while in motion, I call bovine excreta on any and all who defend the indefensible Lexus Lockouts.

I'm waiting for an exhaustively detailed and comprehensive report on the "prestigious society" fix before I buy it and have it installed.

In the meantime, I'll continue to shake my head in disgust and repugnance at Toyota/Lexus and their advertising driven corporate facade that touts the "pursuit of perfection", while treating their customers like irresponsible and infantile dolts who are unable to make the distinctions necessary to drive their products while utilizing anything in the vehicle other than the steering wheel, accelerator and brakes.

Last edited by LexusLean; 11-04-07 at 04:45 AM.
Old 11-04-07, 01:17 PM
dlovato
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusLean
Like Mike, I too am always mystified as to why Honda/Acura hasn't been decimated by catastrophic lawsuit after catastrophic lawsuit for enabling full nav/audio functionality while in motion on their vehicles.

Because of this simple fact...that is, Acura/Honda enables full functionality of its nav/audio system while in motion, I call bovine excreta on any and all who defend the indefensible Lexus Lockouts.

I'm waiting for an exhaustively detailed and comprehensive report on the "prestigious society" fix before I buy it and have it installed.

In the meantime, I'll continue to shake my head in disgust and repugnance at Toyota/Lexus and their advertising driven corporate facade that touts the "pursuit of perfection", while treating their customers like irresponsible and infantile dolts who are unable to make the distinctions necessary to drive their products while utilizing anything in the vehicle other than the steering wheel, accelerator and brakes.

I too think it's obsurd that they lock it out - I used to have a Honda Accord - the first model they had with Nav - it didn't lock me out. I really hated that my wifes RX 400h has the lockout (but tolerable, since I rarely drive it) - but now with the 600hL (that I do drive), it's driving me nuts. I have the "fix" on order, and I'll let you all know how it goes.

Perhaps lexus thinks the Nav Lockout is one of their "Actively Safe" features :-)

Actively annoying is what it is - aparently not just me, but the bulk of the readers on the forum - actually, that would be a good "survey question" to post to the group... Perhaps one of the moderators that knows how to do this (whoever did the color survey) could make one for this:

Lexus Nav Lockout:

* I'm glad it's there, it keeps me from crashing
* Could care less one way or another
* Annoying, but tolerable
* Really Annoying - worst "feature" of the car
* Untolerable - Major factor keeping me from purchasing a Lexus

:-)

- Darryl
Old 11-04-07, 01:34 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlovato
Actively annoying is what it is - aparently not just me, but the bulk of the readers on the forum - actually, that would be a good "survey question" to post to the group... Perhaps one of the moderators that knows how to do this (whoever did the color survey) could make one for this:

Lexus Nav Lockout:

* I'm glad it's there, it keeps me from crashing
* Could care less one way or another
* Annoying, but tolerable
* Really Annoying - worst "feature" of the car
* Untolerable - Major factor keeping me from purchasing a Lexus

:-)

- Darryl
Done

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=316481
Old 11-05-07, 03:03 PM
misterk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hear that this unit wont play dvd's if you dont have the mark levinson? is this true?
Old 11-05-07, 03:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by misterk
i hear that this unit wont play dvd's if you dont have the mark levinson? is this true?
of course it can't. the system doesn't "create" dvd playback, it only "allows" it. ML is what makes it possible to play dvd

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)