LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-07, 10:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

also, more updates.

when driving, i was playing cd and originally the track list button is grayed out. override the system (press of a button), i was able to jump to any track. will need more time to check the hdd setup / albums, but i really believe it will work no problem

when driving, talking on the phone, phone transfer button grayed out. override the system, was able to transfer phone right the way

when driving, pressed on DEST, all buttons except emergency grayed out. override the system, and all buttons available. pressed on POI, pressed on select by category, pressed on restaurants, etc....

i thought of some more tests to do but will need to take more time...
Old 10-19-07, 10:50 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rominl...do you have pics of the actual unit that you use the switch/button? Where is it located?
Old 10-19-07, 10:58 AM
LexusLean
Driver School Candidate

It's all so mysterious...can't get a valid phone number for "prestigioussociety", no email response, the breadth and scope of the lockouts defeated, the cost of the unit, how it's installed, where the activation switch would be located. Oh well. We've waited this long. One can only hope it's for real.
Old 10-19-07, 11:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

accert, will try to take more pic this weekend. it's actually an extra switch you can put anywhere you want.

lexuslean, are you sure you calling the right number? i just called and talked to them no problem. it's a valid number.... and apparently dimapb talked to them too no problem.

they told me they indeed got quite a few emails and talked to several customers on the phone today already. they are very surprised about the requests. they are working hard now to figure out the price. i am sure they will reply asap. i have dealt with the companies a lot of times on stuff and they haven't let me down once

be patient man. i guess they didn't expect this many requests immediately. i can only tell you it works just fine
Old 10-19-07, 11:32 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Just got a reply from them...this will save you all time. I'd suggest you email them so they have it for when prices are determined.

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your email regarding the LS460 navigation
override unit. You must have seen the information posted by Henry who
installed his unit. We received quite a few phone calls and emails
today
regarding that.

Right now we are trying to figure out the final price of the product,
we
are trying to get the best price since we see the demand. We should
hopefully have the prices soon, together with ETA, etc...

We will also provide professional installation services as well to our
customers, the price for installation will be determined at the same
time
as well.

Thank you again for your inquiry. We will get back to you ASAP
regarding
all the details.

Thanks,

Chung
chung@prestigioussociety.com
Prestigious Society
Old 10-19-07, 12:28 PM
sanf
Rookie

that's hot
Old 10-19-07, 02:06 PM
mmorozov
Driver

Awesome news! Now if the price is right we might just fall in love with LS460. Or would it be considered falling in love with that override gadget?

Rominl, please clarify:

1. When the override is on, the Nav is not tracking at all?
2. If you say "Nearest gas station", the list is displayed?
3. In that list, the distance and direction to gas stations is probably static if GPS is not updating
4. When in video mode, the NAV is dead, so we can't have both video for kids and voice prompts for the driver, right?
5. Any other limitations?
Old 10-19-07, 02:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

good questions there. some of the stuff i don't have an answer yet (limited time on testing and there are so many scenarios).

yes, when the system is overridden, basically the nav is "dead". it's not tracking at all. your location is stuck. after you release the override, as long as you are driving, give it couple of seconds and it will re-calibrate.

i haven't tried the voice commands yet, will see how it goes. but by going to POI and nearest and then restaurant it does give me the list. and yes, since the nav is now "dead", it will show you gas stations or restaurants that's closest to that point (where you override the nav).

about the nav and dvd at the same time, i thought about it today morning in shower (very productive...) i will have to check again to see how it works, whether the nav can still function and tell you left and right while you are doing dvd playback or not

other limitations, umm... if you call the 5 min interval a limitation. but i think 5 mins you should be able to input whatever address or phone number already. i think this is much better than what some other have tried where there is a "freeze" every 30 secs.

the system gives you a lot of freedom on where you want to put the switches. since it's my belief that the override does it by basically forcing the the speed sensor, you pretty much get all functionalities like when the car is stationary
Old 10-19-07, 03:20 PM
mmorozov
Driver

I suspect the system simply disconnects GPS and speed wire and additionally sends the parking brake signal to watch the video. It looks like it should consist from switches only. How big is it?

Where did you install the switches. What do they look like?
Old 10-19-07, 03:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i think it would be more complicated than that otherwise the several attempts here would have been more successful. the ecu is constantly resetting. the brain will be behind the nav, not big. the switch is button type
Old 10-19-07, 04:41 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Thanks for all the information you are giving us. Hadn't realized the the switch and button you first referred to was one in the same if I'm understanding you correctly. That's a good thing. I'm anxious to see pics of the unit and how it is installed in this vehicle. Thanks again for all your hard work on this...you gotta be wiped after doing it till 3 a.m. this morning then going to work today! You gotta be excited!

Didn't hear back from your vendor today as they had hoped to communicate price today. Whatever is the holdup, I'm sure they'll be getting back to us. Share the news if anyone is contacted please!
Old 10-19-07, 05:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ah, sorry i didn't put it correctly in the first post. everything is electronic. when i said "switch" i really meant to say button. basically you press on the button and override takes place, press again and it releases the override. the buttons are also very nicely done, very professional.

yeah installation took longer than expected it's never easy being the first one, let alone it's a freaking 80k car. but it's definitely worth it, except when i woke up this morning and almost wanted to call in sick...
Old 10-19-07, 05:19 PM
mmorozov
Driver

Where did you put those buttons? Are they easily accessible?
Old 10-19-07, 06:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

anywhere you want, it's button with a long wire, you wire it to wherever you think is good
Old 10-19-07, 07:24 PM
Duonguyen
Driver School Candidate

"there is another button for dvd playback when the car is in motion"
Will the DVD playback also lockout every 5 minutes?If so then .If not so then I'll go for it
I want it for the passenger,I would not be that foolish to watch it when I drive.

Last edited by Duonguyen; 10-19-07 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Clarify

Quick Reply: nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)