LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Happy with your LS460?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 04:16 PM
06Lex350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy with your LS460?

I'm the owner of an 06 IS350 (which I love BTW) and every time I see the new LS on the raod I'm blown away. SUCH a nice car, one of the best looking on the road IMO. Anyway, I have a friend that is in the market for a large sedan. Just generally, how well do you like your LS460? Would you recommend it to others looking to buy in this segment?
Old 10-04-07, 04:23 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

i can tell you most people here will say they love the car for two reasons.
1) this is a lexus forum
2) your 40K car is already so good, imagine a 70K lexus
Old 10-04-07, 04:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i recommend this car to everyone. it's the best imho especially if you throw price into consideration as well. it has its shortcomings (especially handling comparing to germans) but a lot of other high points on this car to me

i would own this car period
Old 10-04-07, 04:53 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Happy with your LS460?

Positively delerious!
Old 10-04-07, 04:56 PM
Joe S
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very happy so far. Recently I had the car parked at a high end mens store in center city Phila. The parking lot was filled with high end cars M/B Jags, and two Bents. My Black LS was driven up at the same time a black S550...the LS stood it ground. S550 is a great car but for $20M less I'll take the Lexus any day.
Everyone and I mean everyone loves the car, and so do I.
Good luck with your decision.
Joe
Old 10-04-07, 05:20 PM
ccds
Driver

Great car!!

They are all good cars but I like my LS 460 best of all.

Old 10-04-07, 05:33 PM
Saudi
Driver

yes i'm...............................................................fully satisfied.
Old 10-04-07, 05:45 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

This car arguably provides serious competition with my wife.

Both are extremely well made, nice curves, smooth ride, great attention getters, low maintenance, and display an excellent investment and long-term ownership potential.

At the very least, they're a nice combo.

What more can I say?

Am I on topic here?
Old 10-04-07, 06:26 PM
jettie1767
Pole Position

This is my 2nd LS and my 6th Lexus. None of my Lexus' have disappointed me. It has its weakneses but what car doesn't. So, I can absolutely say I love the LS and I love Lexus cars.
Old 10-04-07, 09:37 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 06Lex350
I'm the owner of an 06 IS350 (which I love BTW) and every time I see the new LS on the raod I'm blown away. SUCH a nice car, one of the best looking on the road IMO. Anyway, I have a friend that is in the market for a large sedan. Just generally, how well do you like your LS460? Would you recommend it to others looking to buy in this segment?

Interestingly it's listed second as one of the "10 sexiest luxury cars" by forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2007/...2sexycars.html

Click on "in pictures" to see all of the chosen vehicles.
Old 10-05-07, 12:15 AM
mmorozov
Driver

I hate to be a party pooper here, but I think I am doing this man a favor by lowering his expectations

I am not in love with my LS460. It is a gem of technology, engineering and design. But it lacks in other areas which matter to me. I hate limitations and this car is all about limitations. And some of these limitations even lack common sense. For example, the FM text message function, which displays the current channel information turns into a gray "Safety message" when the car is in motion. So I end up staring at the channel selection button where the same text is scrolled one word at a time. I takes my attention off of the road for a good 10-15 seconds. Small things like that drive me crazy. There are quite a few complaints in this forum. Read them all and make sure you can live with it.
Old 10-05-07, 01:17 AM
ghmundt
Driver

WIND NOISE WIND NOISE WIND NOISE1!!!! BAD TIRES BOTH THE DUNLAPS AND THE BRIDGESTONES STINK. TRANSMISSION ISSUES. Lexus is trying, but they released this car too soon without having fixed some basic issues. Lexus has put technology in this car that will about land it on the moon, or at least in a tight NYC parking spot, but if the driver gets a headache from the wind buffeting on the highway, what good is the technology. I have never seen a car with such a dichotomy between owners who love and owners who are unhappy. I am on my second 460 and would not buy another until the issues are resolved. Two lessons learned, don't buy a new product, even Lexus, during its first year of production and don't put too much stock into opinions about a product from people who haven't owned and lived with the product.
Old 10-05-07, 03:47 AM
Duonguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mmorozov
I hate to be a party pooper here, but I think I am doing this man a favor by lowering his expectations

I am not in love with my LS460. It is a gem of technology, engineering and design. But it lacks in other areas which matter to me. I hate limitations and this car is all about limitations. And some of these limitations even lack common sense. For example, the FM text message function, which displays the current channel information turns into a gray "Safety message" when the car is in motion. So I end up staring at the channel selection button where the same text is scrolled one word at a time. I takes my attention off of the road for a good 10-15 seconds. Small things like that drive me crazy. There are quite a few complaints in this forum. Read them all and make sure you can live with it.
More small thing:Why the tire pressure readings can not be arrange so that I can tell instantly which pressure for what,like in a 06 Honda Odyssey.
Old 10-05-07, 03:59 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To echo above, it really is great. I have always been one to turn over cars within two years (max) but I have absolutely no intentions of turning over this car. I really can't say enough good things about it!
Old 10-05-07, 08:05 AM
LexusLean
Driver School Candidate

Default I'd Never Do It Again

My 2007 LS460 is the best riding car I've ever had. In the past 7 years, I've owned an '01 Avalon, an '03 Infiniti G35, an '04 Accord, an '05 Acura TL, an '05 Mercedes Benz E500, an '06 Infiniti M45 Sport, an '06 Acura RL, and now this.

After my first test drive of the LS460, I was enraptured with the quiet ride and stability and plushness of the overall driving experience, and was sold then and there. How I wish I wasn't such a sucker for the ride.

Since November 2006 when I purchased the car, I've come to dread the entire Lexus mythology centered on the "pursuit of perfection", which seems to encompass a patronizing view of its driver.

As has been mentioned in this thread and ad nauseum throughout this forum, the determination of Toyota to render the center stack navigation/audio/climate/bluetooth electronics bundle functionally useless while in motion is intolerable and without precedent in this segment of the industry.

I know that many owners and denizens of this forum "tolerate", "get used to", "realize the legal limitations", "don't mind", "understand" and generally give Toyota/Lexus a "pass" for the egregious and nonsensical motion lockouts in the center stack, but I've come to the sad realization that it's just flat out unacceptable.

Seriously. You're driving along the freeway, and while some white-coated engineer in Japan has determined that you can change radio presets freely and without limitation, but...damn you for even attempting to change CD or HDD tracks in a non-linear fashion. Damn you for attempting to actually list the availability of hotels, gas stations, golf courses or any other point of interest while you're in motion. No. Damn you, Lexus customer that paid over $70K in the "pursuit of perfection". Pull that luxo-ride over to the side of the freeway, or risk your life exiting in busy traffic to stop the car so you can actually glance at the extensive data base.

Cadillac doesn't do it. Mercedes Benz doesn't do it. Acura/Honda doesn't do it. Infiniti doesn't do it. Audi doesn't do it. BMW doesn't do it. There is more than "lawyers" and "liability" going on here. It's an absurdity and a shamelessly patronizing way to treat the customer, and despite the fit and finish, quality of workmanship, smooth ride, and seemingly limitless power...sadly...it's a showstopper and will prevent me from purchasing this marque ever again.

Oh, and my LS460 has been in the shop for going on its sixth week now. Seems there is a high-pitched whining noise that occurs whenever any centrifugal force is applied to the steering at freeway speed, as in changing lanes or taking a curve.

After two weeks, the technicians determined that they were "100%" certain that it was wind noise coming from a faulty windshield moulding seal. While expressing some reservations about that diagnosis and conveying that to the service writer, the shop ordered the moulding, but forgot to order the clasps that hold it in place. After 23 days, they smilingly handed me the keys to my "repaired" LS460 and sent me on my way.

Of course, the noise never went away and after a 30 minute test drive, I drove it back to the dealer. A week later, after a call to Lexus Corporate, assuring me that they would be "involved" with the issue henceforth, I received a call from the Service Manager, who asked if he could drive my car to his home 60 miles away (all freeway).

I approved his journey, wondering why this wasn't done from the outset, and he called me the next day to say, lo and behold, "Yeah...I heard it too."

The "pursuit of Perfection". Right. Anyway, I'm in the 6th week in an RX loaner in an inderminant status as to when I'll get the vehicle back, and if it'll be repaired properly. Even if and when it is repaired, I'll still be flummoxed and irritated by the service, engineering, and deliberate limitations that have been placed on this vehicle.

By the way...I drove an '08 Cadillac CTS since I've been waiting. It's no LS460in size and ride...but damn, what a fantastic center stack Navi/Audio/Climate system. Just flat out amazing. Just maybe...

Quick Reply: Happy with your LS460?