LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 Hold Feature Reviews ( Tell us whether you like the feature or not and why ?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 12:50 AM
Saudi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it, specially when you drive in crowd.
Old 11-02-12, 05:31 AM
escapedcon
Driver

Absolutely love this feature!

I think all automatic cars should be designed so they do not "roll" when in Drive and stopped. Always hated the fact that I have to keep the brake pedal pressed, epecially when at a longer stop light or railroad crossing. And putting in it park is just too much work (and Neutral is not an option all the time & not very safe)

So there goes my first post on CL.
New proud owner of a CPO 2008 LS460 SWB Confort w/Silver/Grey/Grey Trim color combo.
I know, I know...pictures or it's a lie . They're coming, once I get my LED DRLs and the tint on.

Loving this sophisticated driving machine!

Anyways, I felt compelled to post in this thread. This is one of my favorite features on my LS along with the soft door closers and the auto unlock when you touch the handles

I enjoy reading up on old threads here on CL and getting educated about this awesome piece of engineering that is the LS460.

Did I mention I LOVE this beast?

Last edited by escapedcon; 11-02-12 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-02-12, 07:25 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the feature, although I do not keep it on all the time. I engage it when I come to what I know will be a reasonably long wait at a stop light.
Old 11-02-12, 07:37 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

This is one of my favorite features as well. Just be careful at long lights or long stops since the parking brake will activate after a certain period of time and if you are not paying attention and don't realize it you will be fumbling for the parking brake button when everyone is honking at you to go!

I wish my GX had it since the pedal pressure you have to apply when stopped is ridiculous.
Old 11-02-12, 07:40 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patgilm
This is one of my favorite features as well. Just be careful at long lights or long stops since the parking brake will activate after a certain period of time and if you are not paying attention and don't realize it you will be fumbling for the parking brake button when everyone is honking at you to go!

I wish my GX had it since the pedal pressure you have to apply when stopped is ridiculous.
Interesting. I didn't know that the parking brake engages after a period of time. Do you know how long the hold feature has to be engaged before it triggers the parking brake?
Old 11-02-12, 07:50 AM
escapedcon
Driver

but ofcourse the auto parking brake could be disabled if you wanted to (the auto brake button right? )

though it would be good to know what the interval was before it engages witth the hold function on
(I know the auto brake engages with the hold feature on, when you take the seat belt off/get out of the car, thus you have to put the car in Park and then back in Drive to continue on - I tried this morning - safety feature ofcourse)
Old 11-02-12, 07:51 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by stanatl
Interesting. I didn't know that the parking brake engages after a period of time. Do you know how long the hold feature has to be engaged before it triggers the parking brake?
If the HOLD is engaged continuously for 3 minutes the parking brake will engage.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6914841-post49.html
Old 11-02-12, 07:54 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

The brake lights remain ON when the HOLD feature is activated
Old 11-02-12, 08:15 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

As noted in the link by jmcraney above, note that the parking brake doesn't just engage without warning, the car tells you that the parking brake is going to be engaged soon but when it happened to me I think I just wasn't paying attention.
Old 11-02-12, 08:17 AM
escapedcon
Driver

Also note that the parking brake doesn't just engage without warning, the car tells you that the parking brake is going to be engaged soon but when it happened to me I think I just wasn't paying attention.
so if you pressed the foot brake (not the park brake as explained by jimcraney)after the warning comes on (before the auto brake engages) the interval would reset and you would get anothe 3 minutes? (whishful thinking maybe)

@jmcraney, thx for the info! (seems like you're a legend around here and for good reasons I see & could say the same about CJITTY) - cheers guys

Last edited by escapedcon; 11-02-12 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-02-12, 08:21 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol, nice revision of a 5 year old thread

I personally turn it on fit when I get in the car. It feels weird driving another car without the feature, since ive become so accustom to it.
Old 11-02-12, 11:13 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I love this feature and use it all the time, I agree with Adam wheni drive my wifes RX I forget that option is not available.

Also if you release your seatbelt the emergency brake will engage if the hold is activated along with a warning ding and message.