LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

People can barely hear me on handsfree...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 12:29 PM
vanlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People can barely hear me on handsfree...

Sometimes I have to shout into the little mike. There does not appear to be a volume control for OUTbound.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
VL
Old 08-16-07, 12:32 PM
MainStream
Driver School Candidate

Must be a fault in the system somewhere. Hands free on mine is quite loud and clear on both ends and was that way on my 430 as well. I'd be back to the service department if it were me.
Old 08-16-07, 12:46 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vanlex
Sometimes I have to shout into the little mike. There does not appear to be a volume control for OUTbound.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
VL
Im facing the same problem.

Does anybody knows where exactly is the location of the microphone ?
Old 08-16-07, 01:36 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow

It should be above your head, front center.

The service screen on the LS 430 allowed microphone vol adjustment IIRC, the dealer probably can do that for the LS 460.
Attached Thumbnails People can barely hear me on handsfree...-microphone-small-.jpg  
Old 08-16-07, 02:29 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Vanlex, I live in Vancouver and use Bell Mobility. I haven't encountered the condition you describe. In fact, during the first few weeks, I asked my callers if they could hear me clearly, as I was a little leery of the Mic position overhead. However, they said the connections and clarity were excellent, quiet and comparable to a landline. Your microphone may be defective. Another possibility may be the BT connection, so have your dealer check both.
Old 08-16-07, 03:24 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Keep in mind, if you have the windows cracked or rolled down, the system will try to filter out the wind noise, which will diminish voice input.
Old 08-16-07, 03:33 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by enigma888
It should be above your head, front center.

The service screen on the LS 430 allowed microphone vol adjustment IIRC, the dealer probably can do that for the LS 460.

Thats not even close of how my car looks like from that angle, ill go see and focus on the upper centre part ill post the pic in a few
Old 08-16-07, 04:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by uaexuae
Thats not even close of how my car looks like from that angle, ill go see and focus on the upper centre part ill post the pic in a few
different version of the middle east cars again?
Old 08-16-07, 04:15 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Its probably because you don't have Lexus Link.
Old 08-16-07, 04:32 PM
bob321
Rookie

Same problem here - Sprint with a Samsung M500 phone. I've gone into the service menu and bumped up the microphone input level from 0 to 2 - but it is still not loud enough at the other end of the phone line. 3 or higher starts distorting the sound. There is also a neat voice recorder/playback routine in the service menu.

Will let the dealer have a go at it next month during its first service. Hopefully my lousy 10% voice recognition success ratio is related to the microphone/level.
Old 08-16-07, 04:48 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Hopefully my lousy 10% voice recognition success ratio is related to the microphone/level.

Huh, what did you say Bob?
Old 08-16-07, 05:42 PM
sjpobox
Driver

Hi, you can turn up the outgoing and incoming calls on your bluetooth function.
with the key on push the display button, the display on the nav screen comes up, push the screen with your finger under the top border left side, then push the screen to above the bottom display border left side, do this back and forth until the diagnostic screen displays, hit menu at the top right, push handsfree <normally at the bottom> then adjust the volume of incoming and outgoing calls. you will have to turn the car off then back on to exit the diag system to allow your radio and other functions. hope this helps
Old 08-16-07, 07:10 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Middle eastern version LOL

Old 08-16-07, 08:25 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your car is very nice...

No need to feel left out, as the pic I posted was an LS 600h L. The attached pic is the 'regular' LS 460 L in the US. It does have 3 HomeLink (garage door) buttons which the Middle East LS does not, however the Middle East one offers the Rear Seat DVD system which is not available on most LS 460 L here (except for Exec class 4-seat version). So different markets get different stuff.

Also it seems like the Middle East version has 2 microphone openings, the US version has 1.
Attached Thumbnails People can barely hear me on handsfree...-ls-460-l-mike.jpg  
Old 08-16-07, 08:40 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Still love the US version love the garage door option ..

Rear Seat dvd ..... Well Mmmmmm.. im never going to drive in the back seat neither watch a movie ..

Another Downside for the middle eastern version is the 40HP power loss :-(
thats because is because petrol in USA is purified while in the middle east (uae) its Liquidation so if a car from usa was shipped to uae i think it wont work because they have 12 input pins for petrol wheras in uae we only have 4 pins.

Overall USA products are and will stay the best <-- Opinion

Quick Reply: People can barely hear me on handsfree...