LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 4LS Modification Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-13, 05:00 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

SKIPPER Silver Carbon Aero on Black 2013 LS F SPORT: (Credit CL member Flipside909)

Old 02-09-13, 01:43 AM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these new 2013 LS front ends are getting to me. I must do a 2013 front end conversion lol
Old 02-09-13, 08:56 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I know man^^^ they are looking really sharp!!
Old 02-09-13, 12:59 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lei_z_ass
these new 2013 LS front ends are getting to me. I must do a 2013 front end conversion lol
I gree. The spindle looks better on the LS than the others, so far.
Old 02-09-13, 04:32 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lei_z_ass
do it ! and take lots of pics during the conversion lol hint hint
Old 02-09-13, 06:09 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Looks pretty simple...all you need is the fenders, hood, bumper, headlights, and the HKS supercharger of course
Old 02-10-13, 11:34 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Originally Posted by adamls2
Looks pretty simple...all you need is the fenders, hood, bumper, headlights, and the HKS supercharger of course
Its the fenders that worries me. I am not sure if the body line near the front door is a close or near perfect replacement. If not i can always mod my fiber glass fenders to fit the new head lights, hood and front bumper. I just need to rent a 2013 for the day to see where the differences is.
Old 02-15-13, 10:44 AM
Tee

The 2013 Five Axis PROJECT LS F SPORT is a must addition to this thread!

Custom tuner Troy Sumitomo walks us around his latest SEMA auto show creation—the one-of-kind Project LS.

INTERVIEW AND PHOTOS BY KEVIN WATTS

10/31/2012— It’s been a big year for the flagship Lexus LS—first a dramatic, performance-oriented redesign, then, wonder of all wonders, the first ever LS F SPORT. So what could possibly shake things up further? Simple: Hand over a 2013 LS to a hotshot tuner to custom modify for this year’s SEMA auto show.

The tuner, in this case, is none other than Troy Sumitomo of Five Axis, who’s no stranger to sculpting one-of-a-kind Lexus vehicles. His newest creation, called Project LS, is an intriguing take on the latest LS generation, and The Lexus Enthusiast’s Kevin Watts caught up with him for an insider’s tour at Lexus’ SEMA display area:

Kevin Watts: When you first started brainstorming the Project LS, what were your goals?

Sumitomo: The LS is the high end of luxury, the top-of-the-line Lexus, so we wanted to make sure the Project LS worked with that message. The main goal was to really respect the original design. The LS is long, sleek, and very clean—we didn’t want to blow it out of proportion or add any weird graphic shapes.

We noticed that you widened it somewhat with the side vents and the side skirts.

It’s like what Lexus did with the IS F. They took a production car and enhanced it by widening the front but not the back, with styling cues like the big vents.

The IS F is what I thought of when I first saw the Project LS—taking the existing model and adding similar elements to it.

Even though our side graphic hints at the IS F, if you look at the front fender and side skirts, there’s no separation between them, no visual break in the shape. That sweeping line is uninterrupted. Every car should have a separate front fender and a rocker—it would be hard to pull off our design in production.

As you were designing, what was the one thing you wanted to keep from the production LS?

Because the LS is a luxury sedan, we didn’t really want to go crazy with aggressive attributes, but we still wanted to bring some flavor. Of course, the spindle grille is the most prominent part of the Lexus identity, so we didn’t want to disturb that.

The Titanium Matte Silver exterior color looks great—why this color choice?

Historically, Five Axis has been known to do unique paint finishes. My goal was to create a high-tech finish similar to Apple products of late, like raw aluminum, and I think we really succeeded. There’s a hint of Blue Pearl in the paint, and in natural sunlight it’s amazing how the color shifts from a cool color to a warm color.

And then the accents have a pewter finish.

We darkened up the chrome—the darker accents give a sportier feel while the chrome keeps up the luxury.

What’s the story behind those large 22-inch wheels?

We worked with Lexus to see what they’re going to be doing, so the wheels hint at the future. Lexus doesn’t make large-diameter 22-inch wheels for production models, so we worked with one of our partners on a monoblock-style wheel. It’s a classic design.

Did you have any trouble fitting the wheels?

No, not at all. We increased the wheel diameter but made up for it with a really low-profile tire. To me, it’s always about stance and wheels—filling up the wheel well.

Overall, the focus of the Project LS seems to be on enhancing the production LS F SPORT.

L-Finesse is Lexus’ design language, and it has a lot of subtle details. We incorporated some little subtleties into our design. As an example, on the front end, we tightened up the existing design lines, giving the face a more aggressive look—more of a growl. We even elongated the hood over the headlight, just to make it even more dramatic. On the back of the car, we really focused on making a nice transition from the side skirts. We also wanted to carry uninterrupted design lines around the body, like the spindle accent on the decklid.

The spindle shape that runs through the trunk is definitely something that’s visible with the LS.

When we were sketching out the Project LS, we tried doing full spoilers, but I didn’t want to interrupt the spindle graphic, which resulted in a clean, one-piece design. It’s stuff like that, the little subtleties. Unless I point them out, you really don’t notice them.

Thanks for taking the time to show us around the car, Troy.

My pleasure.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...der/Project-LS
Attached Thumbnails Official 4LS Modification Thread-lexus-project-ls-460f_sport-five-axis-04-1024.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-lexus-project-ls-460f_sport-five-axis-05-1024.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-lexus-project-ls-460f_sport-five-axis-07-1024.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-lexus-project-ls-460f_sport-five-axis-06-1024.jpg  
Old 02-15-13, 12:04 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

I really love the lines of that car ^^^
Old 02-19-13, 07:13 AM
20GS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Work in progress
Attached Thumbnails Official 4LS Modification Thread-photo-shoot-ls-front-wheel-shot.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-photo-shoot-ls460-at-front-angle.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-photo-shoot-ls460-at-rear-angle.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-photo-shoot-ls460-rear-angle.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-wl199-straight-side-shot.jpg  

Old 03-06-13, 12:32 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone know if it's possible to get the YouZealand Body kit? And from where?
Looks like the rear doors and quarters have work done - or am I seeing things?

Old 03-06-13, 06:31 PM
Tee

Look who's 2013 conversion got a magazine spread, my man is getting his props and this is the 2nd time he has done this on the same car!
Attached Thumbnails Official 4LS Modification Thread-img_4597.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-img_4598.jpg   Official 4LS Modification Thread-img_4599.jpg  
Old 03-06-13, 06:52 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Anyone know if it's possible to get the YouZealand Body kit? And from where?
Looks like the rear doors and quarters have work done - or am I seeing things?
Youzealand offers fender work, but only produces suspension components, they don't make bodykits. On that particular vehicle I believe they pulled the front fenders 3cm and the rear fenders 5cm with a radius. Here you can see the fender work better exemplified:

The body kit you are inquiring about is from Artisan Spirits. The bumpers and fenders can be found here:

http://artisanspirits.co.jp/car-line...rse/index.html

As for the front grille, that is Wald but fabricated with an emblem delete.
Old 03-11-13, 03:41 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

PS shared with us on Facebook
Attached Thumbnails Official 4LS Modification Thread-856159_10151300027886932_1881832808_o.jpg  
Old 03-11-13, 11:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The mesh style wheels on the 5 axis car looks amazing. If I were to change my wheels out I would go conave mesh.

Quick Reply: Official 4LS Modification Thread