LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Bluetooth glitch?

Old 03-10-07, 06:01 PM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460 Bluetooth glitch?

I have a couple of small issues with the Bluetooth connection between my Morotola RAZR and my LS460:

- If I'm talking to someone over the Bluetooth connection, and another call comes in, if I don't answer the 2nd call my first call is dropped when the 2nd call stops ringing. This is very, very annoying. Does anyone else have this issue with their Lexus, or is this a phone issue?

- When a call comes in, the LS460 screen doesn't show me the name or the number of the caller. When I answer the call, the number appears, but it never displays the name. I transferred my phone book to the car's phone book via Bluetooth, so the numbers match.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Jeff
Old 03-10-07, 07:54 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having a same issue with my Sprint TReo 700p. According to Palm, BT of the Lexus is not compatible with BT in my phone. It pairs fine and I can talk w/out any issues, but when the call comes in I don't see the correct name. In my case, it's not the car's problem. It's a compatibility issue with Lexus/Denso and BT on my PALM. You may have a same problem. Check with Motorola.
Old 03-11-07, 05:04 AM
ikey78
Driver

To correct the dropped call issue, you need to disable call waiting. With Verizon this is done at the network level so you need to call them. I believe that with other carriers it is done on the phone via the menus.
Old 03-11-07, 08:04 AM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Originally Posted by ikey78
To correct the dropped call issue, you need to disable call waiting. With Verizon this is done at the network level so you need to call them. I believe that with other carriers it is done on the phone via the menus.
I suppose I could also correct te problem by disabling the Bluetooth feature of my phone...
Old 03-11-07, 11:23 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dimapb
I'm having a same issue with my Sprint TReo 700p. According to Palm, BT of the Lexus is not compatible with BT in my phone. It pairs fine and I can talk w/out any issues, but when the call comes in I don't see the correct name. In my case, it's not the car's problem. It's a compatibility issue with Lexus/Denso and BT on my PALM. You may have a same problem. Check with Motorola.
I have the LG ENV phone and although I wasn't able to have my phonebook automatically transferred to the car (I had to manually input), I do experience the problem you are having with the name not being displayed with an incoming call and the number. I can't say whether or not I will have the issue with the dropped call during call waiting as I have not yet had someone try to call me while I'm on another call in the car.

Last edited by acecert; 03-14-07 at 06:29 PM. Reason: correction on statement
Old 04-21-07, 06:39 AM
zlee1
Driver School Candidate

I can't believe they still have not fixed this issue in the new Flagship LS!!! I have a 2006 GS, razr v3, under Cingular. Call waiting, no matter what I do, drops both calls. It is a Lexus software problem, don't let them blame anyone else. I have not choice but to disable call waiting.
Old 04-21-07, 08:10 AM
EKM
Driver School Candidate

WOW, that is ridiculus that they make you disable such an important feature of the phone to use bluetooth. Funny how my $39 headset can work fine but a $70,000 flagship can't!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-07, 08:17 AM
dssxxxx
Driver School Candidate

I have a Razr and 460. Every call that rings in, that is in the Lexus phonebook shows. I have no problems.
Old 04-21-07, 08:41 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zlee1
I can't believe they still have not fixed this issue in the new Flagship LS!!! I have a 2006 GS, razr v3, under Cingular. Call waiting, no matter what I do, drops both calls. It is a Lexus software problem, don't let them blame anyone else. I have not choice but to disable call waiting.
I have no issues with Call Waiting in my car. I have Sprint TReo 700p. I don't think it's a Lexus issue. Try pairing your phone to a different device, like a Moto headset or something similar and see if the issue is still there.
Old 04-21-07, 10:03 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by EKM
WOW, that is ridiculus that they make you disable such an important feature of the phone to use bluetooth. Funny how my $39 headset can work fine but a $70,000 flagship can't!!!!!!!!!!!
can ur $39 headset drive u to work?
Old 04-21-07, 11:09 AM
EKM
Driver School Candidate

last I checked no, but i guess you wouldn't mind your LS shutting down on the highway if you accidentaly changed the radio station either...
Old 04-21-07, 11:17 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Go Nokia; as long as the contact's name is in the car's phonebook, it appears on the screen, and I have not had issues with dropped calls. Every phone is different, and I doubt Lexus can anticipate all the intricacies with the plethora of cell phones on the market today, and tomorrow. Try a different phone that works; don't blame it on the car.
Old 04-21-07, 11:25 AM
EKM
Driver School Candidate

true......
Old 04-21-07, 12:17 PM
gwong
Rookie

Originally Posted by zlee1
Not sure how you came up with that conclusion as call waiting is a phone and/or network function. You may want to check the Cingular support forums as there are people who seem to have call waiting issues and bluetooth is not involved in most.
Old 04-21-07, 08:14 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

I have a razr with verizon service and the call waiting feature works as advertised.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS460 Bluetooth glitch?