LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I almost got robbed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-07, 10:29 AM
Lexls400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocman
I went to my local dealer today to discuss the LS they have in stock. It has the executive package, and stickers for just over $90K. They are adding Chrome wheels, clear bra, and black emblems for $7K more, then a $25K market adjustment! So there it was for an amazing $122K!

They obviously dropped all the extras and offered it to me at sticker, especially since I have bought 4 Lexus' from them. So then we go to my trade, and mint 06 M5 with 9K miles. Well, they said they would give me $63K for it!
I got it 9 months ago for $93K, so according to them, I lost $30K in value in less than a year. Then he says, well it books at $77K! Well, what the hell are you only giving me $63K then. I should get a little more, dont you think. Yes, I know the M5 is soft on the market, but not that damn soft.

I am far from new at buying new cars. Well, I left with my M and did a little research and found that I can get at $70K for it without trying very hard.
I almost forgot to mention that the clear bra was installed like crap. Wrinkles everywhere. Also, the sun was hitting it, and I could see a boatload of swirles in the paint. I am sort of glad I did not get that one since it looks a little tore up, but damn, that Shiatsu massage felt pretty good.
We'll see if they call me tomorrow with another offer.

I know from my personal experience that dealerships like to take advantage of customers at times. but of course me... I don't pay "Market Adjustment"
for any reason and I don't care how "Hot" the car is because at that point I would tell any dealership just to keep their hot little car and I'll look for something else at my price. I almost walked away from my last car I bought because that were playing around with the price.

-Joe
Old 03-01-07, 01:28 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Well, after wasting a couple days of my time, we could not come to an agreement on price and trade value, so the car is still there. rominl, it should be there if you want to drive down to see. Unfortunately, it will not be in my driveway.
I told them the number I want, and they kept saying they would get it for me at my number. After many non returned calls, they finally told me a number that was not the number I wanted. I told them that it not what I want, and they said it was close. $4K is not close, and not the number, so I passed.

I told them I would wait for the LS600HL, so it will be a while before my wife gets one. I guess she will have to suffer with the M5.
Old 03-01-07, 08:07 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

I would've taken a hockey stick and shove it up! Then add a little extra more dough to get me a Lambo or Porsche!!
Old 03-01-07, 09:02 PM
uthatch
Driver

Well, after wasting a couple days of my time, we could not come to an agreement on price and trade value, so the car is still there. rominl, it should be there if you want to drive down to see. Unfortunately, it will not be in my driveway.
I told them the number I want, and they kept saying they would get it for me at my number. After many non returned calls, they finally told me a number that was not the number I wanted. I told them that it not what I want, and they said it was close. $4K is not close, and not the number, so I passed.

I told them I would wait for the LS600HL, so it will be a while before my wife gets one. I guess she will have to suffer with the M5.

Nuts...I was sure I'd be rollin' your M5 this weekend after you bought the LS and just wanted to unload M5 for that great offer I made!

Just kidding, but the LS600 is going to be awesome so maybe it's a blessing.
Old 03-01-07, 10:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ah that's too bad rocman that you can't get the car you want. but maybe i can still visit you for the m5 and sl?

will see if i can swing by there this weekend although it's quite some drive all the way from OC just to see the car at dealership. you never know rocman, maybe you will end up with a even better 600hl!
Old 03-02-07, 06:44 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Lexus of Cerritos - www.lexusofcerritos.com. You can check their inventory on line. They currently have 11 LS460's in stock, most of them LWB, and they have a black/black.

Mine was extremely hard to find and I still got $1200 off MSRP. Nobody needs to pay sticker for an LS460 any more. There are too many sitting around in dealer inventory now.
Old 03-02-07, 08:40 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
ah that's too bad rocman that you can't get the car you want. but maybe i can still visit you for the m5 and sl?

will see if i can swing by there this weekend although it's quite some drive all the way from OC just to see the car at dealership. you never know rocman, maybe you will end up with a even better 600hl!
Oh well, I will try to look on the bright side. It's possible that a different dealer will step up to the plate, but at the same time, I am in no hurry. If something happens, I'll let you know.
Old 03-02-07, 08:41 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by exBMWowner
Try Lexus of Cerritos - www.lexusofcerritos.com. You can check their inventory on line. They currently have 11 LS460's in stock, most of them LWB, and they have a black/black.

Mine was extremely hard to find and I still got $1200 off MSRP. Nobody needs to pay sticker for an LS460 any more. There are too many sitting around in dealer inventory now.
Thanks for the link. If I'm bored this weekend, I may make a little trip.
Old 03-03-07, 06:49 PM
nblexus15
Driver School Candidate

I was just at Mission Viejo Lexus and they have the same car in the showroom....$102k
Old 03-03-07, 08:56 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Well, I'm workin another deal right now for a White/Alabaster with Exec for $1500 off sticker. We'll see if this one works out.
Old 03-03-07, 09:27 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Well, I'm workin another deal right now for a White/Alabaster with Exec for $1500 off sticker. We'll see if this one works out.
Good luck & interesting color combination too, I think it will look very nice & would love to see one
Old 03-05-07, 12:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yup, good luck! i already told my wife that you offer me to "visit" your car
Old 03-14-07, 04:27 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

geez, reading this post makes me want to ask one question: Rocman, what is it that you do for a living?
Old 03-14-07, 04:30 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

irrelevent to the thread, but i'm oozing over the ford GT. It's one of my dream cars.

ok back on topic
Old 03-14-07, 05:04 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

I own my own company, but I am in the middle of hopefully selling it.

Quick Reply: I almost got robbed!