LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

No luck on blackout LS460 Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-07, 02:30 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hybrids14
I know that stating that Taiwan is a 3rd world country is kinda harsh, but if most people here have "no sense" and is not well educated. Don't get me wrong, I am a Taiwanese and I need to stay here in Taiwan for awhile because of my business, but I simply think the average income here is really low and there is quite a lot to be improved compared to where I used to live(Santa Monica, CA). Trust me, if you live here and trying to get things done like the way I used to when I live in the US there is quite a lot to be improved. 22" tires on order for over 1 month and ..... unavailable, since nobody stock the correct tire size for my car.... Wheels, still unavailable since factory is very busy... This simply cannot compare with the US since I get my wheels/tires the same day there, or better yet... just call D2 and have them ship a set over... lol
Well DUB is an American culture, period. You have to realize how lucky you are to have lived in Santa Monica/the LAX area, the center of the DUB world. The only other country where 22's are popular is Japan, the home of the VIP culture. You can't really blame most other countries, First-World or not, for not having 22's in stock or even knowing much accurate info about them--they're just not popular there.

Those shops in Taiwan are generally very good at doing any other mods. Try letting them do the headlight blackout mod for you if you will. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-12-07, 03:31 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hybrids14
It's just personal taste, some like it, others will not. But by far my brother and I are not spoiled. I started working at 14, bought my own business when I was 18, and I'm still working trying to my a living. Everyone can have their own opinion of spoiled, but by far I'm not spoiled in my opinion. I still work hard everyday at my business but I guess people have different living standards, I just work hard getting there and is lucky that I'm doing "ok" so far.

FYI, my brother is already retired, he retired when he was 30 years old a few years ago and he only do small investments now. I think he's the one with a "good" life.
buying a 2007 Lexus LS460 qualifies you as doing better then...

"ok"

haha
Old 12-19-11, 08:59 AM
BTK99
Driver School Candidate

How did you take the orange out of the headlights?
Old 12-20-11, 09:41 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

To me it looks like he just covered it from the outside with black film. I doubt hell chime in seeing how this is from 2007
Old 10-02-13, 03:55 AM
flightz71
Driver School Candidate

bump has not a single LS460 on this planet had it's headlights apart and the chrome reflector blacked out / smoked? Been searching high and low with 0 answers!
Old 10-02-13, 11:56 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flightz71
bump has not a single LS460 on this planet had it's headlights apart and the chrome reflector blacked out / smoked? Been searching high and low with 0 answers!
Yeah, seems odd. Look at the opening post of this thread, that's probably why. No one willing to mess with these $$$ headlights
Old 10-02-13, 02:10 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been searching for a DIY thread also. Should ask the guys over on the the forum hidplanet.com. Be sure to let us know if you come across some info.
Old 10-02-13, 06:05 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

well speaking from experience... the last 2 sets of headlights i have seen modified ended up having condensation issues... so at $1800 a pop i'm not inclined to open mine up to moisture and have the motors in there rust out...i'm just sayin..YOU can be the 1st..take plenty of pics....
Old 10-03-13, 06:07 AM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if our lights are sealed the same way but check out the videos in post 1 and 6 if this thread on hidplanet.com
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...yle-headlights
Old 10-04-13, 12:59 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
well speaking from experience... the last 2 sets of headlights i have seen modified ended up having condensation issues... so at $1800 a pop i'm not inclined to open mine up to moisture and have the motors in there rust out...i'm just sayin..YOU can be the 1st..take plenty of pics....
What did you do to them?
Old 10-07-13, 06:42 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

on my gs i did a full custom swap.. twin halos, Q45 low beam projectors, M3 high beam projectors..( but as my car was silver i opted not to do paint work).. an the other cars i have seen done (recently) are dodge challenger,nissan gtr, and a camaro ss...all had condensation ( mine did too at first) i sent them out to have them resealed the first time to no avail.. the 2nd time i drove to new orleans (where AAC is located.. they built the halos) and finally after a tube of silicone per side they where sealed but the damage was done six months later i noticed flaws in the lens an then it spider webbed on the inside..(but by then i was selling the car..and thats how it left me)

i had fog light work done too if u look in this pic theres condensation in them...lol... NEVER AGAIN...LMAO (worst $3500 i ever spent)
Attached Thumbnails No luck on blackout LS460 Headlights-shibumi1-129145-albums-98-gs300-5924-picture-jp-grille-anyone-17078.jpg  
Old 10-07-13, 06:46 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

you must also realize i did this before they had the $199 knock offs on fleabay....i saw them at a hot import nights show on sat night and had the parts ordered tues...lol...the good ol days (more money than sense) dont get me wrong i may do a foglight mod (they're cheap enough to replace) but imma leave the headlights untouched this time around...

update i just checked fleabay you can get a set of oem lights for around $600 a pr.. i'd buy those an mod them (leaving your factory lights i untouched so when the condensation set in you can put the originals back in)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-LS460-...9c82cd&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Shibumi1; 10-07-13 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 07:12 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

agreed the stock oem lights have came down in price!!! i would find some for cheap and play with those.
Old 06-22-17, 11:03 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

lmao... just did a Google search about headlight mods an this pops up.. i MUST BE A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT as I type this my lights are in the oven baking...(ordered a set w/o washers to mod) hopefully doin the mods myself instead of sending them out pays off.... the plan is to color the chrome an add some switchback leds.. while enhancing the nike... wish me luck!!!
Old 06-22-17, 11:40 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

quick tips (thanks Larry) heat oven 200°f remove all screws from the back of the headlight housing make sure u get them all (a few are hard to see unless u flip the light over) then bake for about 20-25 mins.. then as quickly as possible (with a large flat head screwdriver) gently bend the retaining clips up slightly an pry the lens off gently..... if u run out of time an the adhesive cools reheat the housing for 5-10 mins an finish
Attached Thumbnails No luck on blackout LS460 Headlights-20170622_142707.jpg  

Quick Reply: No luck on blackout LS460 Headlights