LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What's your favorite color? Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 07:25 AM
360Guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your favorite color? Discussion

Wow, I have stopped at a number of local dealers the last 2 days to check out colors . They each had 2 460's, all beautiful. I originally ordered a silver but after seeing one in black and granite mica ,I'm torn, large cars seem to look more prestigious in a dark color, but of course silver always looks clean. Just thought we'd have a fun discussion on your favorite color in the 460 and why.
Old 10-19-06, 07:27 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

millenium silver or starfire pearl. look great, low maintenance, great resale value.
Old 10-19-06, 07:49 AM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

Glad you asked. I have been wrestling with this question since January. LOL The ones I LIKE are mercury metallic, noble spinel mica, and smoky granite mica. The ones I don't like are starfire pearl, black sapphire pearl, golden almond metallic and verdigris mica. I am undecided about obsidian; have to wait to see it. I like the alabaster leather with the dark brown ash burl inside. Not crazy about the dark gray bird's-eye maple that goes with the light gray leather. Anyone see it? How does it look?
Old 10-19-06, 08:09 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Default I ordered a Mercury Metalic

I orginally ordered the Smokey Granite, but saw it on an IS250 and it was real dark. The car was filthy and had fingerprints all over.

That helped me make my Decision. It is one I hope to enjoy for several years. Mercury Metalic with Black Interior.
Old 10-19-06, 08:22 AM
360Guy
Driver School Candidate

Do you think that granite mica will look as dirty/ dusty as one in black ?
Old 10-19-06, 08:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I tend to prefer the dark colors for this car. My favourite (at least from pics) would be the Black Opal, which is also exclusive for the LS600hL.

Since I would most likely not go for the hybrid, I think Smoky Granite Mica & Black would be my top choices at the moment, but I will pick the black only if it's metallic. Black Sapphire should also look great on the car.

Dark colors are fine as long as you wash it frequently, which you're supposed to on silver cars anyway. The fact that you don't see the dirt as easily doesn't mean they are not there, it's bad for the paint if it's not washed frequently.

Noble Spinel Mica is growing on me fast also after seeing hi-res pics of it. I think it would be a rarer color too, so I hope I will get a chance to see one in person soon.

For the light colors, I think the Starfire Pearl looks decent on the car, I probably won't pick it though.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-19-06 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-19-06, 08:49 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now its between Verdigris Mica and Noble spinel. But ill have to see them in person.
Old 10-19-06, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

black is my only option, i think the car looks best in it (and dark color in general). the white actually looks better than i expected, but still it doesn't carry the same classy feel dark colors do
Old 10-19-06, 09:46 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
black is my only option, i think the car looks best in it (and dark color in general). the white actually looks better than i expected, but still it doesn't carry the same classy feel dark colors do
I think the new LS looks great in black as well. But no more black cars for me...unless it's a weekend car. Just too much work to keep clean...hate swirl marks and they seem to appear no matter how careful I am.

If you're going to get the new LS in black, please get a clear bra! You'd be shocked to see the condition of my front bumper after 1.5 years of So. Cal. driving
Old 10-19-06, 07:23 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

starfire pearl. pure bliss.
Old 10-20-06, 01:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
I think the new LS looks great in black as well. But no more black cars for me...unless it's a weekend car. Just too much work to keep clean...hate swirl marks and they seem to appear no matter how careful I am.

If you're going to get the new LS in black, please get a clear bra! You'd be shocked to see the condition of my front bumper after 1.5 years of So. Cal. driving
lol, before my sc430 left the dealership, it already had the clear bra
Old 10-20-06, 06:06 AM
trentpa
Driver School Candidate

Ordered verdigris mica with parchment interior. Ordinarily like a light-colored car, but the LS-460 looks too good in the darker colors. (The white was a bit too "true white" for me, not fond of the tan, and the mercury metallic, although nice, didn't contrast enough with the chrome and wouldn't complement the lighter interiors.) Saw noble spinel in person, and think it was a little too red for my taste (think the old LS dark cherry would be sharp on the new LS). Also prefer the lighter interior, and think the contrast between dark paint and light interior is very elegant. (The noble spinel with tan interior was a nice combo).
Old 10-25-06, 10:30 AM
spinout180
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't miss this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195544
Old 10-25-06, 12:20 PM
Stevekil
Driver

I like dark blue exterior, so I am counting on black sapphire pearl. But it all depends how much glaze it has. If the black sapphire has too much purple/violet mixed in it it can ruin everything. I will see the new LS in daylight as well as night and before making a final opinion.

As far as interior goes, I prefer tan or ivory.
Old 10-25-06, 01:10 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

I am also in the dark color camp for the LS, leaning towards the black sapphire pearl or the smoky granite. My dealer has been allotted a number of each of these but if I remember right the black sapphire pearl ones they are to receive will all have the cashmere leather interior and the smoky granite will all have black interior. I have seen the smoky granite on the GS series but not yet on the LS. The only LS color I have seen in person is the mercury silver, one with light gray interior and one with black interior.

Has anyone seen the cashmere leather interior in the LS to see how it looks? On paper the black sapphire/cashmere combo sounds pretty good to me. I currently have a black/black GS and don't mind the upkeep of the black exterior but am leaning towards a change to another dark color. The black interior is outstanding and is probably my first choice but since the black sapphire LSs that are to be received are intially going to be Cashmere might have to go that direction if that combo is very good.