LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS in the middle east c

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 03:46 AM
kuwaiti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile LS in the middle east c

hi...this is my very first post..i live in kuwait ( i'm sure by now evey one knows where that is ..its just south of iraq ) .. i wonder if any one has any idea about dates of arrival of the LS 460 to our region .the dealer told me mid january .. which i find a bit too late .. i have put a downpayment on the SWB one , and it seems that the car will be fully loaded except for the neat park assist and the collision radars ( either front or rear ).
Old 10-04-06, 01:16 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi, welcome to CL!!!

I wish I could provide you with more information, but I'm not from the region...there are other posters on CL from the Arabian peninsular region who might be of some help.

But if the LS 460 is arriving around mid-january, that's only about three months after North America and four months after Japan.

Australia, by comparison, has suffered a delay due to product specifications and will have to wait until March 2007!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/816/lexus-ls460-delayed/

For Kuwait, I would probably check on the Al-Sayer and Sons website, currently though all the info that I saw there was on the LS 430...you've probably been to that site already:

http://www.alsayer.org/lexuse/default.asp
Old 10-04-06, 05:12 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Default Hala

I sure hope you're wrong about not having the Smart Cruise Control and Pre-colison system. I would be soooo angry . It would also be sad if they didn't get the Advanced Parking Assistant, just sad... I was really looking forward to having those.

Anyway about the arrival date, I was in Riyadh about a month ago and when I asked them about the LS460 they said it's coming by the end of this year, ya3ne I'm assuming October-Novemeber. But January is possible, delays already happened to Australia (because they wanted higher specs), even the Europeans won't be getting them till next year (January). So it's not impossible that we get the LS460 in January.

I would like to say though:
When we bought our 02 LS430, we waited for the new MY shippment (it arrived in October)
When the facelifted LS430 came out, it was in the month of Ocotber.
So if the past was an indication, the new LS should arrive by the end of this month...
Old 10-04-06, 12:33 PM
Q8Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Hi this is also my first post and i am also from Kuwait

I have the same information you have kuwaiti and I asked the dealer in Dubai and they told me the launch will be in March! so it seems the delay is all over the Gulf region.
and it seems that the car will be fully loaded except for the neat park assist and the collision radars ( either front or rear ).
The dealer told me the same info which is fine with me as long as they don't offer those options on later models

I still cant make up my mind on the color yet seems like a very hard decision but i noticed that the colors are on the GS models so at least it can give us an idea on how the new colors look.

Thanks guys, its been very informative to read this forum.
Old 10-04-06, 01:57 PM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Lexus in the Gulf usually offers new options when the new model or facelift comes out; not in between.
I mean, (2001/ 2002/ 2003) LS430 did not have changes in specs, features or anything.
Same went for the facelifted LS430. When it first came out in 04, it had new features, but it remained unchanged for (2004/ 2005/ 2006) .
I hope that was clear.
So I would assume that the specs you would see on the upcoming LS460 will remain unchanged for the next three years, until the facelifted LS460 comes out.

The reason why Lexus does that is because it makes things easier for them and us, plus it improves resale value.
Old 10-05-06, 04:20 AM
kuwaiti
Driver School Candidate

march !!!??? ...omg .. i hope its fully loaded
Old 10-05-06, 10:39 AM
Q8Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Lexus in the Gulf usually offers new options when the new model or facelift comes out; not in between.
I mean, (2001/ 2002/ 2003) LS430 did not have changes in specs, features or anything.
Unfortunately, this happened to me when I bought my 1999 LS400 from the Kuwait dealer, within 3 months after buying the car it was offered with a rear parking sensor. So I am worried that when I buy the first batch of the LS460 it might come out later in 2007 with more options.
Old 10-05-06, 11:55 AM
Mr. M
Driver School Candidate

According to latest information we got from our dealer here in Riyadh the LS460 will be arrived at the beginning of 2007

These pics were taken about a month ago at the dealership warehouse I think this one is used for training purposes for maintenance team and maybe for car test drive later

Old 10-05-06, 02:34 PM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mr. M
According to latest information we got from our dealer here in Riyadh the LS460 will be arrived at the beginning of 2007

These pics were taken about a month ago at the dealership warehouse I think this one is used for training purposes for maintenance team and maybe for car test drive later

Looks like its early 2007 then. Did the dealer tell you about the price? And if it's going to have Advanced Park Assist?
By the way I can't see the picture...
Old 10-05-06, 04:26 PM
Mr. M
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSsnarl
Looks like its early 2007 then. Did the dealer tell you about the price? And if it's going to have Advanced Park Assist?
By the way I can't see the picture...
the price will be started from $84K up to $96K but it's not final. i didn't ask about the Advanced Park Assist

the pics show to me but i will attach them for you
Attached Thumbnails LS in the middle east c-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Mr. M; 10-05-06 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 04:33 PM
Mr. M
Driver School Candidate

the other pic
Attached Thumbnails LS in the middle east c-untitled1.jpg  
Old 10-05-06, 05:17 PM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Wow! Nice, nice car, nice color (especially at night)...
Thanks for the pics... do you have one from the side so we can see which rims we're getting?
You got those from eqla3 right? I went there but also couldn't see the rest of the pics??! I think there's like 8 pics... If it's not too much trouble can you post them here.
Thanks Mr.M

By the way I noticed that it lacks the sharks fin antena, plus the front bumper is slightly different (it has an air-duct/oppening under the number plate)

Last edited by GSsnarl; 10-05-06 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 05:47 PM
Mr. M
Driver School Candidate

yeah i got them from eqla3 actually there are only three pics and i don't have one from the side. the other pics in eqla3's thread for the new camry

the third pic from inside
Attached Thumbnails LS in the middle east c-untitled2.jpg  
Old 12-08-06, 03:52 AM
Q8Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, any new news on the LS in the middle east?
Old 12-08-06, 04:36 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

This car is going to be a hit in Riyadh... Must be a battle going on between abdulateef jameel and aljafaly.

Anyone know how much a clean '04 is going for in Saudi?

Quick Reply: LS in the middle east c