LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Thoughts between two Fire Agate Pearls

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-17, 08:22 AM
GHARP57
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aw001
That is your opinion, and i can't understand why others would like to chop off your fingers. Anyways, so much for carmax no haggle price. I am sure others know this, they do come down on price when no one buys. Case in point, check out the 2014 ls 460 at carmax wichita, kansas. They reduced price by 2k i think...
You are right thats why I am buying my Lexus from them, the prices have been good as far as value and I watched the LS models price fluctuate over that last few weeks in buying mine
Old 02-27-17, 08:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennyr44
I've said this before on other threads. I wouldn't buy any car without front and rear collision self braking or blind spot monitoring. Lane departure warning, radar cruise and 360 degrees camera are also a plus too. In other words almost all of the millions of used cars out there are dead to me. I feel strong about these ground breaking safety features. I said this on the 4 Runner forum and almost got my fingers chopped off since even the 2017 4 Runners have none of those safety features. Its all mainstream now and will be mandatory soon. I feel like in 2020 insurance company's will be dinging people hard who don't have automatic collision braking.
I have these technologies in my Van, and had them in my Jeep. I have no interest in them at all. My wife likes them but I have grown to dislike radar cruise. I deactivate the lane keep, the precollision just throws false alarms.
Old 02-27-17, 10:42 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 205 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I have these technologies in my Van, and had them in my Jeep. I have no interest in them at all. My wife likes them but I have grown to dislike radar cruise. I deactivate the lane keep, the precollision just throws false alarms.
Same here. The idea of radar cruise control on the Schuylkill is just too funny to contemplate. I think the radar could put me in reverse with all the cars that would cut in front of me if I left more than a ten-foot gap.

Lane keep, also a nice idea if you don't endure constant roadworks with lane shifts. I could see that steering me right into a concrete barrier around here.
Old 02-27-17, 01:09 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Well, let's see how things go, Steve. I respect that dealers have higher overhead than a private sale, thus I'm not expecting to buy it at what I negotiated for the Nebula Gray. At the same time, there's more profit in used car sales than new so there's room to work with. The L/Certified price does seem lower than other dealerships but there could be a reason for that. I need to see the car in person. As it stands, based on photos, this car isn't speaking to me at $43K...it has a few perks and that has me mildly curious to learn more.
I think dealers lower used prices on their own based on how long the car has been sitting there. If they think they can sell a car at a given price, until the car has remained unsold for a while, they probably won't lower the price by a huge amount. Cargurus has the listing here:

https://cargur.us/fzqwc

It looks like it's only 10 days old on the Cargurus site, no price changes so far, and Cargurus coonsiders the car overpriced. I'm not sure about how accurate their pricing algorithm is. Still, the dealership is likely aware of the evaluation, and if the car sits for a while, will probably lower the price so it gets a better rating.

ETA:

Looks like Cargurus has the wrong exterior color for the car. Here's a 2013 brochure with a color chart:

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...S-Brochure.pdf

Last edited by Gbp; 02-27-17 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-27-17, 03:41 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I like the Carmax one better since it has PCS and a black interior, much easier to keep clean.
Old 02-27-17, 05:23 PM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...000-miles.html

While not a 2013, it is a one owner with less miles than most of the 2013's you are looking at and has a Lexus extended warranty for another 18 months according to the post.
It is the original color combo you wanted and AWD. In addition, will cost roughly half as much as the ones you are now considering.
Old 03-06-17, 12:48 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Junglequac
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...000-miles.html

While not a 2013, it is a one owner with less miles than most of the 2013's you are looking at and has a Lexus extended warranty for another 18 months according to the post.
It is the original color combo you wanted and AWD. In addition, will cost roughly half as much as the ones you are now considering.
Thanks so much for pointing out the opportunity, Jungle! I greatly appreciate the thought, my friend. My apologies for not following up. The past week has been hectic with work, Masters projects, and wife's birthday.

I remember the thread you linked to. It seems photos have still not been shared. Such an unfortunate set of events for the owner. As for the car, I am pretty sure about 2013+ now. It is one criteria I haven't flip-flopped on for a few weeks.

I am not bothering with the 2013 at Valley Lexus because I managed to stop by Carmax to drive that 2014 Fire Agate Pearl. Ultimately, it's a unique color but is not for me. Incidentally, to touch on Carmax pricing that was mentioned earlier in the thread, the salesperson did share that Carmax "continually evaluates" their pricing to stay competitive (and profitable). I was surprised how low their warranty plans are for the LS (and even lower prices for a Range Rover that makes it a no-brainer to get coverage).