LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The program cant be read !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-17, 04:05 AM
Fa00hd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The program cant be read !!!

Hi guys

i have Lexus ls 460 2007 Japanese car

i just disconnected the battery after that i got this problem

have a see plz

Any idea about fix it ?

cheers
Old 02-26-17, 10:25 AM
dfkd
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

That looks a lot like a bad HDD and if that's the case... I don't even know where you'd start.

Hopefully you can find the part/software you'll need but I think you should start by searching for threads about failed hard drives. This looks similar.
Hopefully if you order the part number it'll come with the same software on it cause your software also controls the TV functions and our North American cars don't.

On a side note: I really miss the Japanese spec cars I grew up with. Nice seeing the TV and MD buttons again. Also the weird )))) one that I still don't know the function of.
Old 02-26-17, 08:41 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Unless you know these systems pretty well, you probably need to take the car to the nearest dealership to at least get the problem diagnosed. Replacement HDDs are very expensive at the dealerships - they aren't just any old off-the-shelf 30Gb 2.5" HDD. In the US, the dealers just replace the entire head unit which is even more expensive.
Old 02-27-17, 01:14 AM
Fa00hd
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

The dealer wouldn't help me as they said they dont deal with imported cars only new Zealand made cars.. am really lost i really need this problem to be solved ..
Old 02-27-17, 04:52 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Here is one thread for you to check out.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...t-be-read.html
Old 02-27-17, 05:28 AM
Fa00hd
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

I have already read it , but still same problem

thanx man

😞
Old 02-27-17, 06:33 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Fa00hd
Hi guys

have a see plz

Any idea about fix it ?

cheers
Can you tell us a little more about "i just disconnected the battery after that i got this problem." Why did you disconnect the battery?
Old 02-27-17, 07:59 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I would try to disconnect the battery and let it sit overnight then try hooking it back up.
Old 02-27-17, 06:14 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

After the battery is reconnected, the system boots up from scratch (like any other computer). The OS can't be read so the system isn't booting up. You could try to disconnect and reconnect the battery several times to see if you can get it to boot up. You should see a thermometer bar progressing across the screen until it's completed. Have you tried to contact the member on this forum who got this corrected? He might have an image of the software.

Did you read this entire thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...placement.html

especially the link to the replacement HDD?

Google LS460 HDD I found this which may or may not work but worth a try:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toyota-Lexus-...RVrVlk&vxp=mtr

Good luck!
Old 02-28-17, 01:26 AM
Fa00hd
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Do you know guys I have extracted the screen and stereo to disconnect the wire and clip it again but it was no use, knowing that I separated most of the wires except for three wires for difficult to extract. Finally, how about try disconnecting fuse but honestly don't know where this box
Old 02-28-17, 06:20 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Not sure I understand what you did and why, and what you're asking now (and why)?
Old 02-28-17, 06:42 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

The dealer wouldn't help me as they said they dont deal with imported cars only new Zealand made cars.. am really lost i really need this problem to be solved ..
All LS460s are made in Japan, so I am not sure I understand this logic. Are you saying you have a vehicle that was intended for the Japanese domestic market? Even then, it's surprising that the dealer would not at least attempt to address your problems. After all, you will be paying them for their services and the repairs. I would definitely make another plea to the dealer because it looks like you are in over your head.

Do you know guys I have extracted the screen and stereo to disconnect the wire and clip it again but it was no use, knowing that I separated most of the wires except for three wires for difficult to extract. Finally, how about try disconnecting fuse but honestly don't know where this box
It's understandable that you are stressed out about your car. However, it would be helpful if you tried to help the CL members who are trying to help you by answering their questions and following up on their suggestions.
Old 01-29-21, 07:40 PM
MrBlack666
Driver School Candidate

Default A program cannot be read

I just had very sluggish acceleration and then sudden power surge in my 2007 LS460 RHD RWD. This was driving home on friday and it started without previously ever having occurred. It seemed to me like the transmission was searching and trying to decide on a gear. I suspected it was some kind of driver adaption issue as the revs were fine and there were no weird noises or warning lights or anything so I suspected a computer issues. I looked up which fuse to pull to reset the ECU but couldnt find it and couldnt be bothered so I just disconnected the battery this morning for 5 minutes. After reattaching the negative terminal and going for a drive the sluggish acceleration the surge power issue was fixed. I started the car with my foot on the brake pedal and drove it, the car responsiveness felt like it should be again. However, my touch screen said "A program cannot be read. Please consult to a dealer". Without the touch screen the CD wouldnt play, and a bunch of controls were not accessible. I guess the HDD was not loading. Back at home I parked up and turned off the car and went inside. Came back about 1/2 an hour later and pushed the start button twice WITHOUT my foot on the break pedal. It too about 5-10 seconds but the touch screen showed the HDD loading. It loaded after about 20 seconds and everything is fine again.

Hi guys

have a see plz

Any idea about fix it ?

cheers
Old 05-16-21, 05:42 PM
EdGoldJr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I have an ugly fix for this

Hi guys

have a see plz

Any idea about fix it ?

cheers

Hi, I had this happen to my wife's car today when the battery couldn't start the car. We jump started the car and then took it straight to the battery store (okay so we did the Arby's drive through on the way). Anyway, when we jumped it, we got the same message you displayed, and that didn't go away with the new battery.

Based on my solution, I believe that the computer can handle a small disruption to power, but if you drive the battery voltage too low for too long, you lose that and have to reboot from the hard drive. Unfortunately, our hard drive had been failing frequently so we usually don't have maps. We never cared until today when we learned that the system code for the entire console is also on that drive. It probably caches it into flash memory so it only needs to reload when power is removed for too long.

So if your nav is working great and you have this problem, all you really need to do is start the system without your foot on the brake so that it comes up in self test and diagnostics. The last step of that process will reload the operating system onto the console computer. Now if your nav is flippant like ours, you might be able to get the drive to work temporarily by pounding your fist onto the dash just above the display console (in karate, we call this a hammer fist technique). I thumped it a few times and repeated this process of pressing the start button without foot on brake until the system came up saying, "System initializing, do not turn power off". After that I had maps and a working console!

I'm sure maps will fail again frequently but as long as we don't lose battery power, we should have all the other functions. I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Ed