LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Air Suspension ride hieght specs

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-17, 09:49 AM
Ecohman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air Suspension ride hieght specs

Does anyone know ride hieght spec's for air suspension 460s? Specifically 2010 sport package. I need help🤔
Old 02-14-17, 01:19 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

No certain what "spec's" you are referring to. Please explain.
Old 02-14-17, 02:37 PM
Ecohman
Driver

Default CarMax Debacle

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
No certain what "spec's" you are referring to. Please explain.
I am trying to buy a LS460 sport package from CarMax. Paid $500 to have the car shipped from Texas. Measuring from ground to top of front wheel openings the car is riding about 3/4" higher on the drivers side. Latest in a long story is they say CarMax standards is .79" or less, so "nothing wrong". I would really like to know Lexus spec.
Old 02-14-17, 02:42 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd call a local Lexus service dept and maybe ask them as I'd imagine they would have all the factory manuals/specs?
Old 02-14-17, 05:11 PM
Ecohman
Driver

I would hope they do. I am waiting for a call back from a service writer at the local Lexus dealer. My guess is they will not be forthcoming with free information over the phone. Unfortunately I think I will have to let this one go. I know it isn't right. They know it isn't right, and we both know it is going to cost some coin to correct at the Lexus dealer. They are willing to let me go and hopefully sell it to somebody who doesn't know any better. I am very disappointed with CarMax. I really liked the concept of being able to pick from a wide selection of cars to get exactly what I want, and be confident it was clean and without issues. Seems as if used car dealers are used car dealers. Some things never change.
Old 02-14-17, 06:20 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

When my GX's air suspension busted, Lexus replaced it under warranty. When I went to pick, I noticed one side was slant.

They measured and confirmed, well I could able to see that with naked eye!. They assigned a master tech to recalibrate and kept it for two more days. When I took the delivery noticed it was slant again but not as bad as earlier. SA told me that it is within the specs, measured the difference and showed me the allowed play in the service manual. To my surprise, the allowed difference is larger than what was imagining such as 0.1 or 0.2inch. I was wrong. If my memory is correct, something closer to what OP mentioned.

I believe in this, car air suspension was repaired/replaced. If it was done at dealership, it should show up in vehicle service history.

One option for OP is to have that car pre purchase inspection done at Lexus dealership. It should cost around $150-200 at dealership. During that inspection, he may ask the advisor about height difference and allowed variance in tech spec.
Old 02-14-17, 07:21 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Carmax has a return policy and you should be able to get it sorted. If anything, take it to Lexus and have them diagnose the issue in writing, then submit that to Carmax. Carmax has a lot to lose in terms of reputation if this goes south.
Old 02-15-17, 03:30 AM
Ecohman
Driver

CarMax will not allow 3rd party pre inspect. I have proposed taking it Lexus for a check, no dice. I could take it after purchase, but if they are unwilling correct the issue before the purchase, why would I expect different afterwards. After sleeping on it, I have decided I don't want the car. No accident shows on CarFax, but also the spare was a non matching 18" that would not fit over the front brakes. What happened to the original? Is there a connection? Oh by the way they will not allow a 3rd party to put it on a lift and will not allow customers to look under the car on their lift.
Old 02-16-17, 08:25 AM
Ecohman
Driver

I did back out of the deal. Good news is CarMax did refund my transfer fee, even giving me a credit if I want to look at a different car. I still like the CarMax model, where you can select from Nationwide inventory. Their cars are clean. I could have chosen to purchase and had the car inspected, & return it for money back with no question inside 5 days. The reality is the used car market is very competitive and margins are tight. As we know any trip to the Lexus dealer will not be cheap. While disappointed, I understand their actions.