LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Just ordered a 17

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-17, 03:57 PM
OH-MAN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered a 17

After a GS since 08 we decided to step into a LS.
The 18 is a ways off and important details are not available so we chose a 17.
Could not find one with all the stuff we "needed" so we were able to order one the way we liked.
3-4 months wait but worth it to get the one we wanted.
Looking forward to picking it up.
Old 02-08-17, 04:14 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Wow, congrats on custom order!. , Keep us posted on the progress. If I may ask, what options were chosen?.
Old 02-08-17, 04:53 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Oh-man, great to hear that. Congrats on the new LS!

I second satiger's request for details of your custom order. I am sure it will be worth the wait. Can you please also share whether you got a discount, and how much you paid?

And, when the car arrives, we will be waiting to see lots of pics
Old 02-08-17, 05:35 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice. You'll probably have one of the rarest cars of this generation. I'm guessing 2017 will have the least amount sold of all the years for this model so you'll be one of a few thousand, which is kind of neat.

What options did you get if I may ask? And what color?

Last edited by Rhambler; 02-08-17 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-08-17, 06:54 PM
OH-MAN
Driver

The std. RWD models were very basic for this area. Not super impressed with cost vs return on the F-sports package.
Ordered Obsidian with black leather and bamboo trim.
Adapt. air suspension, blind spot mon. All weather package, LED headlamps,
Semi-Aniline leather trim, Mark Levinson radio, Pre collision speed-speed dynamic radar cruise control.
Ultra luxury package, and heated wood steering wheel.

I will get the 18" wheels chromed and go with slightly wider tires later.
I want to use 18" wheels for the taller sidewall and comfort over 19" and shorter sidewall.

Exact price will be after it gets here but we are getting it for $1500.00 over invoice. Apx. $85,000.00 About twice what we paid for our first house!!

Last edited by OH-MAN; 02-08-17 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-08-17, 07:18 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Wow, that's an awesome deal! The MSRP for an UltraLux with these options is about 98K. With the UltraLux, you must have the LWB, correct? Just check often to make sure your options haven't been changed. I have heard a couple of stories here of people custom-ordering their cars but the dealer making bad errors in transmitting these options to the Tahara plant, and the customer being stuck with a vehicle missing specific options.

I really like your wheel choice and getting it chromed is an excellent idea. It will really blend well with the chrome trim on the doors and windows. I have 19 in 15 spoke alloy. I would love to switch to 18 in five split-spoke (hollow) wheels and PVD chrome. This will set me back almost 2K, so I will have to settle for PVD chromed wheels (same style) thru Wheel exchange (800) when I am ready for a new set of tires.
Old 02-08-17, 07:23 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Nice! I wouldn't order an 18 either. No V8 means no sale for me. Ive always wanted to custom order a car! So cool to check option boxes, colors, etc. VERY cool....
The following users liked this post:
1WILLY1 (02-08-17)
Old 02-08-17, 07:34 PM
OH-MAN
Driver

This is a short wheelbase.
We did double dog checked when they loaded the order.
The Executive package is not available on the short wheelbase.
We are hoping that it works out.
They had tried something different by mistake and the order computer kicked it out.
We were sending emails with what we wanted and it got confused, so we stopped in today and did the face to face thing.
Our sales guy has known us for almost 10 years.
Old 02-08-17, 08:31 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Congrats on your special order! I did not know you could specify bamboo. That is pretty awesome as I thought bamboo was exclusive to the 600.
Old 02-08-17, 09:28 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OH-MAN
This is a short wheelbase.
We did double dog checked when they loaded the order.
The Executive package is not available on the short wheelbase.
We are hoping that it works out.
They had tried something different by mistake and the order computer kicked it out.
We were sending emails with what we wanted and it got confused, so we stopped in today and did the face to face thing.
Our sales guy has known us for almost 10 years.

Great to know you are staying on top of the order. You wouldn't want a nasty surprise when the car arrives. I hope your salesman takes good care of you. If it isn't a done deal yet, I think you could negotiate a better price. I just did a build on Lexus using your options and zipcode 90210 , and the MSRP is 87,345 (could not add LED headlights, that's another 1500). Even considering that you ordered a custom car near the end of the 4LS build cycle, perhaps you could get a larger discount. Just a thought...

Here's the link to the custom build with MSRP. I hope it works.
http://www.lexus.com/build-your-lexus/#!/zip/90210/series/LS/year/2017/trim/9100/buildId/102/display-summary/my-dream-car/**-x-:-0212-,-i-:-LN24-,-a-:[-WT-,-ML-,-BD-,-IX-,-PS-],-p-:[-AS-,-CK-,-LU-,-UL-],-z-:}

Last edited by comotiger; 02-08-17 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-08-17, 10:16 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Congrats!! I've never customize a vehicle but that a great way to go and choose the options you want.
Old 02-09-17, 04:14 AM
LSx4
Driver School Candidate

Smile 2017 LS are Fabulous

Fabulous decision. 2017 LS are solid, I had been thinking of another special order or waiting for LS500 but we bought a stock AWD Atomic Silver 2 weeks ago. This is our 4th new LS and have not noticed even the smallest detail that could be better or with improved fit and finish. Was waiting for updated LS but had the 1st out of warranty issue with wife's 2007 LS460 (72,000 miles - VSC light would not reset after it has not been driven for a couple of weeks and jump starting). Wife liked the color of showroom LS460 (would have preferred more options). Now I don't have to be as anxious waiting for availability of LS500 and possible first year issues or 2nd year updates. I give our 2017 a 70% chance of be replaced with LS500 next year, 90% chance to be replaced with LS500 in two years, 95 % chance in 4 years, and 5 % chance of us loosing interest in LS after the LS500's are available.
Old 02-09-17, 05:46 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LSx3
Fabulous decision. 2017 LS are solid, I had been thinking of another special order or waiting for LS500 but we bought a stock AWD Atomic Silver 2 weeks ago. This is our 4th new LS and have not noticed even the smallest detail that could be better or with improved fit and finish. Was waiting for updated LS but had the 1st out of warranty issue with wife's 2007 LS460 (72,000 miles - VSC light would not reset after it has not been driven for a couple of weeks and jump starting). Wife liked the color of showroom LS460 (would have preferred more options). Now I don't have to be as anxious waiting for availability of LS500 and possible first year issues or 2nd year updates. I give our 2017 a 70% chance of be replaced with LS500 next year, 90% chance to be replaced with LS500 in two years, 95 % chance in 4 years, and 5 % chance of us loosing interest in LS after the LS500's are available.
Congrats, LSx3, and welcome to CL. Looks like you are a long time visitor and a LS fanatic, yet this is your first post! Better late than never. Look forward to seeing pics of your 2017 LS, and whenever you buy the LS500!

Given your loyalty to Lexus, I am surprised the dealership could not take care of the problem with your wife's 2007 LS.
Old 02-09-17, 08:00 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I LOVE the Bamboo!!! Very nice. I want that in my next LS (unless I choose the Genesis G90 instead, lol)
Old 02-09-17, 08:12 AM
LSx4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by comotiger
Congrats, LSx3, and welcome to CL. Looks like you are a long time visitor and a LS fanatic, yet this is your first post! Better late than never. Look forward to seeing pics of your 2017 LS, and whenever you buy the LS500!

Given your loyalty to Lexus, I am surprised the dealership could not take care of the problem with your wife's 2007 LS.
. Lexus service could take care of VSC light issue after I had to jump start - - I was the one that tried disconnecting battery, etc to reset . . . phoned Lexus service for appointment and within an hour while they were doing diagnosis, we saw 2017 LS and decided to purchase instead keeping 2007 or waiting for LS500 - easy decision to eliminate the many decisions later in the year when I expect LS500 to be in short supply and possibly not available with all of the bells and whistles. I had hoped the update would have been for 2017 not 2018.
. Yes, I have been "in like" with LS since it was available locally and purchased our 1st new LS in 1989 (Heritage Burgundy with air suspension, etc., dealer had 2 service bays, the two mechanics also washed the cars and had time to chat with customers - things certainly have changed). I am design engineer that appreciates what it takes to produce a consumer product with fit/finish/reliability of their LS. I did look at latest/greatest CT6 and G90 with all the newer electronics that's missing from 2017 LS, but was not pleased with all around quality and 1st year issues being reported in Cadillac and Genesis forums.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a 17