LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2010 ls 460

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-17, 04:23 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GregoryNP
Why is that?
Have a sneaking suspicion that he happens to own a 2010... It is a great year for them.

And it is odd the dealer would not discuss the service history, did you walk back to the service dept? Granted I have a really good relationship with my local dealer, I was able to give them VIN's from multiple LS's from all over and get an overview.
Old 01-24-17, 11:30 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
If that Lexus dealer can't provide me the service history I wouldn't buy it.
I'm not saying your wrong to want to see a cars history on paper but what are you expecting to find exactly on the service report of a 5-6 year old Lexus ? Why wouldn't you buy a car that showed no history of repairs or extensive service?

Even when I sell my own cars that's the first questions everyone asks and I don't really get it, they say do you have all the service history of the car since you owned it ? And I'm like no...I don't have anything because nothings been done ,,its a damn Lexus, its never needed anything other then oil changes and basic maintenance.

On my 08L I registered the vin # on the Lexus site and it showed a few oil changes very early in its life and then it went blank......by your logic I would of missed out on a great car because it didn't go through any extensive servicing ?
Old 01-25-17, 02:08 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
I'm not saying your wrong to want to see a cars history on paper but what are you expecting to find exactly on the service report of a 5-6 year old Lexus ? Why wouldn't you buy a car that showed no history of repairs or extensive service?

Even when I sell my own cars that's the first questions everyone asks and I don't really get it, they say do you have all the service history of the car since you owned it ? And I'm like no...I don't have anything because nothings been done ,,its a damn Lexus, its never needed anything other then oil changes and basic maintenance.

On my 08L I registered the vin # on the Lexus site and it showed a few oil changes very early in its life and then it went blank......by your logic I would of missed out on a great car because it didn't go through any extensive servicing ?
You are in Canada. It does not count as everyone is nice! All that being said, it is a chicken and egg thing in that everyone will ask and honestly with as expensive as these cars are, deferred maintenance can be pretty spendy. While we have timing chains, for instance having a record if/when a timing belt/water pump service can make a huge difference.

PPI, unless you really know what you are doing, I would reckon to be of the utmost importance.
Old 01-25-17, 06:03 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Depending on when the 2010 was built it could be the perfect car. The latter years of the 2010 had the newly upgraded control arms. Small changes like the side mirror turn signals, bluetooth audio, usb hub, mild changes to the sound system are among the things that make it great. I don't recall reading if it has the Levinson sound system. As mentioned sign in to the Lexus Owners site and do a vin check. Carfax is good but not always accurate so be careful there. Price sound decent. If you can negotiate some then it would even be better. Good luck.
Old 01-25-17, 10:05 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Junglequac
Have a sneaking suspicion that he happens to own a 2010.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Old 01-25-17, 10:36 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
If you live in Atlanta, I might just take you up on that offer as I am often in Atlanta and am a lifelong Hawks/Braves/Falcons and since leaving Knoxville for school Dawgs fan. Love Atlanta and when traffic is moving, it might be one of the fastest driving metro areas I have ever driven in. It is one of those cities that if you drive 55 on 285, you will get run over. Same applies to the Connector and honestly seemingly all of metro Atlanta.

That said, unless you live inside the perimeter, it is a cruel commute to and fro the burbs. Don't know how folks who live in places like Canton deal with the commute to and from the city.
Old 01-25-17, 11:04 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Jungle - I'm from the Chattanooga area. Lived in Maryville (Marevull) TN for a few years. It was probably my most favorite place. And now, I live and work in PTC. My commute is a 5 to 10 minute affair with no traffic. Next time you're coming to the metro-Atlanta area, let me know. I'll see if I can arrange a get together with all my "peeps." Yeah, that's right ... I'm hip. Tee, CJITTY, PrinceAkim, a couple others I can't remember their CL handles - I love all those guys, and you will too! They're chocked full of character and very vibrant. The kind of people a person WANTS to be around.

Maybe you should plan to come into town on a weekend with a Sunday morning Caffeine and Octane. We had quite a group the 1 time I went (with the LS).
Old 01-25-17, 11:15 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Jungle - I'm from the Chattanooga area. Lived in Maryville (Marevull) TN for a few years. It was probably my most favorite place. And now, I live and work in PTC. My commute is a 5 to 10 minute affair with no traffic. Next time you're coming to the metro-Atlanta area, let me know. I'll see if I can arrange a get together with all my "peeps." Yeah, that's right ... I'm hip. Tee, CJITTY, PrinceAkim, a couple others I can't remember their CL handles - I love all those guys, and you will too! They're chocked full of character and very vibrant. The kind of people a person WANTS to be around.

Maybe you should plan to come into town on a weekend with a Sunday morning Caffeine and Octane. We had quite a group the 1 time I went (with the LS).
Nice use of the "vull"! I recently moved back to Knoxville after almost 20 years between Georgia, South Carolina (Charleston) and Florida (Sarasota), but grew up here and tried to bribe my father with the offer of a Porsche 911 in exchange for going to UT as I could have attended for free. His pithy response was that I could attend any college other than UT. I almost went to Pepperdine partially because it is in Malibu and it was the most expensive school I was accepted into. I was so "whipped" over my HS sweetheart that I decided to stay close and Athens is truly a special town. Of course we broke up within 6 months of me leaving, but....

Next time I am down that way, really hope the timing works out for Caffeine and Octane. By then, I will have the last niggling annoyance about the car fixed as I am having it professionally buffed and detailed next Wednesday after getting the rather large dent on the trunk fixed last week. Obsidian Black is a cruel color for keeping up to snuff, but I do think it looks amazing.
Old 01-25-17, 01:26 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

You are in Canada. It does not count as everyone is nice! All that being said, it is a chicken and egg thing in that everyone will ask and honestly with as expensive as these cars are, deferred maintenance can be pretty spendy. While we have timing chains, for instance having a record if/when a timing belt/water pump service can make a huge difference.

PPI, unless you really know what you are doing, I would reckon to be of the utmost importance.
Haha, its weird because if you wanna know the truth, people are much nicer in the united states then in Canada.

Spend some time here or do business with people here and you will see for yourself, I'm not sure where the nice Canadian reputation ever came from.

Anyway I no longer consider myself Canadian since we elected a mentally ill drama teacher to be our leader, I'm just a guy who lives here.
Old 01-25-17, 02:06 PM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Haha, its weird because if you wanna know the truth, people are much nicer in the united states then in Canada.

Spend some time here or do business with people here and you will see for yourself, I'm not sure where the nice Canadian reputation ever came from.

Anyway I no longer consider myself Canadian since we elected a mentally ill drama teacher to be our leader, I'm just a guy who lives here.
Wow. I have spent a decent amount of time in Canada and one of my sister in law's is from Calgary and I have always had a very nice experience. Same can be said of the 48 out of 50 States I have been to.

Not a fan or Trudeau, eh? Don't want to get into third rail territory and heaven knows things are pretty colorful truthfully all over the English speaking world. And all other languages too! Especially Tagalog!
Old 01-25-17, 06:43 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Wow. I have spent a decent amount of time in Canada and one of my sister in law's is from Calgary and I have always had a very nice experience. Same can be said of the 48 out of 50 States I have been to.

Not a fan or Trudeau, eh? Don't want to get into third rail territory and heaven knows things are pretty colorful truthfully all over the English speaking world. And all other languages too! Especially Tagalog!
Cant stand trudeau, but glad you had a great time here

Lots of Filipino here in Toronto , ive picked up a few words over the years Kuya, and id trade duterte for trudeau in a heartbeat if that's what you were reffering too lol
Old 01-25-17, 06:50 PM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Cant stand trudeau, but glad you had a great time here

Lots of Filipino here in Toronto , ive picked up a few words over the years Kuya, and id trade duterte for trudeau in a heartbeat if that's what you were reffering too lol
Whoa. And indeed that is exactly what I was kinda obliquely referring to. Got me fascinated. Perhaps PM time at some point as I would love to read your thoughts. After graduation, I took the FSWE (Foreign Service Written Exam) in hopes of joining the diplomatic corps.

As it was pre 9/11 and the FSWE is considered by some to have been (since replaced) more difficult than the LSAT, MCAT, and GRE. It is hard to know the main exports of say Namibia when it is/was multiple choice (there was also a written component) and all the choices were plausible, Made it past the first round and not the second. Should have reapplied, but my base mode is slacker....
Old 01-25-17, 06:55 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just had to comment. Canada is a backwater compared to the US. It's as the CIA commented: "... a challenged little brother with a really good inheritance." If you buy into the "Canada nice guy bit", you ain't been anywhere. I know Calgary very well - a backwater racist hick town that gets by on an oil economy. Canadians are very cold people by nature, very Briddish. The nice guy bit was created by Canada's government funded nationalist cottage culture industries packed with propagandists. You've heard their tripe before: Americans putting canada flags on their backpacks when travelling in Europe (not really), no racism (wrong), nice drivers (very, very wrong).

On the topic of the LS. Not too many of them here but I saw a really nice deep cherry/wine colored on on trader recently but it was an eastern car. Too bad - that color really brings out the 4LS shape.
Old 01-25-17, 07:05 PM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MattyG
Just had to comment. Canada is a backwater compared to the US. It's as the CIA commented: "... a challenged little brother with a really good inheritance." If you buy into the "Canada nice guy bit", you ain't been anywhere. I know Calgary very well - a backwater racist hick town that gets by on an oil economy. Canadians are very cold people by nature, very Briddish. The nice guy bit was created by Canada's government funded nationalist cottage culture industries packed with propagandists. You've heard their tripe before: Americans putting canada flags on their backpacks when travelling in Europe (not really), no racism (wrong), nice drivers (very, very wrong).

On the topic of the LS. Not too many of them here but I saw a really nice deep cherry/wine colored on on trader recently but it was an eastern car. Too bad - that color really brings out the 4LS shape.
The original statement was tongue in cheek and somewhat stereotypical. Well aware of some of the underlying issues with the First Nations folks, Quebec separatism, Vancouver becoming more expensive to live than even SF and NYC, and do visit the CBC at least weekly.

By virtue of having such a massively smaller population whilst being rich in resources, it is certainly much easier to implement many of the safety net programs that some folks here envy. And I have to face that my experience in Canada was that of a white dude in a predominantly white country so.... Regardless, really did enjoy the time I have spent in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Not actually been to Calgary or anywhere else in Alberta. Likewise for Saskatchewan. Have been to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island as well.
Old 01-27-17, 10:53 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

All I'm going to say about Canada besides my enjoyable visits as a tourist is that I wish the US LS460's came with the standard features that the LS460's made for Canada apparently do.

Quick Reply: 2010 ls 460