LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Thigh support

Old 12-15-16, 09:49 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts
Question Thigh support

These pictures on different threads reminded me of a question about the thigh support cushion/extender in the driver seat. Every picture I have seen of the driver seat in 2007-2012 LS looks just like this, with the front seat cushion flush with the bottom part of the seat.
Originally Posted by MRBILL
On the other hand, the front cushion in 2013+ LS unfolds and extends outward from the bottom part of the seat. BTW, this pic is from the 2017 Nightfall edition at Hendrick Lexus.

Even though I owned a 2012 LS for several months, I must not have used the thigh cushion feature properly because I never used it in the extended form, which really gives excellent support to the thigh.

Can someone post a picture of the driver seat in their pre-2013 LS showing the extended thigh cushion? Thanks!
Old 12-15-16, 09:58 PM
MRBILL
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thigh suport

Yea that photo is my new 08. I believe the entire bottom section slides forward not just the cushion. I will get a photo tomorrow of the base extended all the way and post it.
Old 12-16-16, 07:48 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I believe this is accurate regarding what MRBILL said.
Unless there is a directional function that one of the buttons has that I haven't figured out as of yet, the only movement the seat/bottom section performs is the entire seat slides forward and in reverse.
I may be one of the few that thinks the thigh support isn't as sufficient as I'd like it to be in the older model.
After sitting in and driving a good few 13+ LS models, the seats, to me, are in fact more comfortable.
Old 12-16-16, 08:23 AM
2v1g
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even LS430 has it, with the vertical back unmoved, the horizontal seat section sliding out.
Old 12-16-16, 08:35 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CRowe14
I believe this is accurate regarding what MRBILL said.
Unless there is a directional function that one of the buttons has that I haven't figured out as of yet, the only movement the seat/bottom section performs is the entire seat slides forward and in reverse.
In that case, what is the purpose of that rectangular button (top left) next to the large square button? The large button moves the entire seat back and forth also. Like I said, I thought I had played around with these buttons when I first got my 2012 LS, but I don't think the seat cushion extended like it does on my 2014 LS.

Originally Posted by 2v1g
Even LS430 has it, with the vertical back unmoved, the horizontal seat section sliding out.
Well, if this is a feature on the LS430, then it should definitely be there in the 460. I want to see pics!
Old 12-16-16, 08:40 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I left mine fully extended all the time in my 2007. I'll go grab a pic.....Oh wait no I wont...
Old 12-16-16, 10:04 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=comotiger;9708910]In that case, what is the purpose of that rectangular button (top left) next to the large square button? The large button moves the entire seat back and forth also. Like I said, I thought I had played around with these buttons when I first got my 2012 LS, but I don't think the seat cushion extended like it does on my 2014 LS.

Ok, so if we start from the upper left and go right...

-Slim rectangular horizontal button: Slides the "seat cushion", not the entire seat, forward/reverse
-Large square button: Lumbar adjustment
-Rectangular vertical button: Back support forward/backward, (I think) also raises/lowers headrest
-Bottom rectangular horizontal button: Slides entire seat forward/reverse; tilts bottom seat assembly upward/downward; raises entire seat up and down

Am I missing anything??

Originally Posted by greg3852
I left mine fully extended all the time in my 2007. I'll go grab a pic.....Oh wait no I wont...
Greg..so my friend...soon!
Old 12-16-16, 11:09 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
In that case, what is the purpose of that rectangular button (top left) next to the large square button? The large button moves the entire seat back and forth also. Like I said, I thought I had played around with these buttons when I first got my 2012 LS, but I don't think the seat cushion extended like it does on my 2014 LS.

Well, if this is a feature on the LS430, then it should definitely be there in the 460. I want to see pics!
I can definitely attest that the extended thigh support feature works in an LS430. It is one of my favorite features, although I only need to set it once. The whole seat extends further out and really impressed me because it felt like a natural extension of the driver's seat and didn't exhibit any folds like I've seen on older BMWs or Mercedes.
Old 12-16-16, 12:05 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

I want to see pics of what the extended seat looks like. I know the cushion extender button does something in the pre-2013 LS. What I am wondering about is whether it does the same thing as the 2013+ button, where the thigh cushion sort of unfurls and extends outward from the seat.
Old 12-16-16, 01:32 PM
2v1g
Intermediate

Here is my 11' pics. You can clearly see the front part extend out Before sliding out
After sliding out
Old 12-16-16, 01:36 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

^^ There we go, thanks 2v1g!
My apologies comotiger, I wasn't ignoring your request, I just failed to make mention that I would take photos later this evening once I had a chance to.
The photos above show in specific detail the identical positions that my LS seat performs, as there isn't any unfurling of the front portion of the seat.
Nice feature to have though in the newer models.
Old 12-16-16, 01:38 PM
2v1g
Intermediate

it is the top left rectangle button
Old 12-16-16, 01:42 PM
2v1g
Intermediate

the new thigh support style in 13'+ LS looks more like BMW
Old 12-16-16, 03:52 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Here is my 11' pics. You can clearly see the front part extend out
After sliding out

^^ There we go, thanks 2v1g!
My apologies comotiger, I wasn't ignoring your request, I just failed to make mention that I would take photos later this evening once I had a chance to.
The photos above show in specific detail the identical positions that my LS seat performs, as there isn't any unfurling of the front portion of the seat.
Nice feature to have though in the newer models.
Thanks, 2v1g and CRowe14, for the helpful info and pics. If the entire bottom seat cushion is sliding forward without the seat back moving, does this create a gap between the seat back and the bottom cushion? In the 2013+ seat, there is an actual increase in the surface area of the bottom seat cushion as the front edge unfurls to support the thighs. It would help to see a video of the thigh support extender in action or show a photo by zooming out a bit to see the seat back also. I will try and post a video of my seat tomorrow. Looks like the winter weather is going to keep us all indoors most of this weekend!
Old 12-16-16, 03:57 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by comotiger
Ok, so if we start from the upper left and go right...

-Slim rectangular horizontal button: Slides the "seat cushion", not the entire seat, forward/reverse
-Large square button: Lumbar adjustment
-Rectangular vertical button: Back support forward/backward, (I think) also raises/lowers headrest
-Bottom rectangular horizontal button: Slides entire seat forward/reverse; tilts bottom seat assembly upward/downward; raises entire seat up and down
Am I missing anything??
Sorry, I messed up. Your description of the buttons is accurate. Although it looks like the thigh support button is sliding the entire bottom cushion forward.