Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

would you get this ls600?

Old 11-08-16, 08:20 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
Default would you get this ls600?

http://www.parkplace.com/VehicleDeta...-TX/2857324703

MSRP of $122k, reputable dealer, price is...I think decent, not great but it's the only one in a couple of hundred miles from Dallas.
While my wife will likely say no, merely curious what you guys think of the redesigned LS600 and getting one for 45% the price of a new one.

Obviously getting a Lexus VSA up to 125k miles probably would be a good idea.
Old 11-08-16, 09:14 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

At that price I'm wondering why it isn't a Certified Preowned Car?? Not worth the extra cost to me so I wouldn't buy it. Can't justify the extra cost and it doesn't have the executive package so from my understanding it isn't a fully loaded 600hL. I would rather have a fully loaded 460L for probably $10K less.
Old 11-09-16, 04:43 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts

The service history looks good. I noticed that at 12,000 miles they replaced the bumper for some reason - maybe the car was in a minor accident.

DESCRIPTION: REPLACE REAR BUMPER , RT SIDE REFLECTOR LIGHT & INSTALL APPLIQUE ~ ~REPLACE REAR BUMPER AND ALIGN DECK LID RT SIDE NEW BUMPER ABSOBER, REIN BAR

Apart from that, it looks good. According to the service records, the owner also has (or had) an LF-A, so they could afford to maintain the car. As to why it's not L-Certified, maybe the owner just traded it in at the Volvo dealer. I didn't check the Carfax or anything.
Old 11-09-16, 06:12 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

I found a CPO 13 LS600 for $59k with 37k miles but a couple of hours away, this one is just not at a Lexus dealership

Good note on the bumper, haven't looked at Lexus owners history yet...

My rationale, a 13 40k~ish miles LS460 is about $40k, so for around $15k more you get more bells & whistles
Old 11-09-16, 07:32 AM
Nex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont let the 460 owners talk you out of a 600. get the flagship if its worth it to you.
Old 11-09-16, 09:27 AM
Bliz460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a nice looking car. But it's hard to get a good idea of value if it's the only one around. But if the price seems right to you....
Old 11-09-16, 09:54 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
At that price I'm wondering why it isn't a Certified Preowned Car?? Not worth the extra cost to me so I wouldn't buy it. Can't justify the extra cost and it doesn't have the executive package so from my understanding it isn't a fully loaded 600hL. I would rather have a fully loaded 460L for probably $10K less.

I agree completely. This car has power rear seats (UltraLux package) which to me is preferable to the Executive package. But it is not fully loaded (no LKA or Driver attention monitor) so you don't have ALL the available bells and whistles. It's got 42K miles, and is not CPO, and is 56K . As suggested, the OP is better off looking for a fully loaded 2013 460L with all the bells and whistles, possibly CPO and lower miles, and for several 1000s less. Agreed, you won't find such a vehicle at your neighborhood Lexus; you have to be willing to travel. Pre-purchase inspection and checking Carfax and Autocheck will ensure there are no issues.
Old 11-09-16, 10:17 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Something is off with the passenger airbag area. Coupled with the bumper replacement and the perforated airbag area, I'd say this LS600h was in a decent accident.
Attached Thumbnails would you get this ls600?-photo416.jpg  
Old 11-09-16, 10:22 AM
electro992
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The seam around the airbag is normal for the 600. It is due to the dash being real leather, rather than vinyl on the 460s.
Old 11-09-16, 12:13 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by electro992
The seam around the airbag is normal for the 600. It is due to the dash being real leather, rather than vinyl on the 460s.
Ah, learn something new every day! Lol
Old 11-09-16, 02:57 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yardie876
Ah, learn something new every day! Lol
Yeah, me too! I wouldn't have spotted that subtle difference, unless you compare the dashboards side-by-side.

For the OP, a couple of fully-loaded used cars (UltraLux, <40K miles) are listed below. These cars are quite rare, so it is very rare to see CPO'd vehicles.

2014 LS460L AWD
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5430/overview/

2013 LS600hL
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1333/overview/
Old 11-09-16, 03:01 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

I know this one is out of warranty, though the hybrid is covered for 8 years or 100k miles...but this has the LKA, executive seating package.
http://www.feltsmotorco.com/web/used...exas/33109083/

Thoughts?
Initially a "too good to be true" and I haven't looked at the lexus owners report yet. But this is close-ish to me
Old 11-09-16, 03:23 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wandl
I know this one is out of warranty, though the hybrid is covered for 8 years or 100k miles...but this has the LKA, executive seating package.
http://www.feltsmotorco.com/web/used...exas/33109083/

Thoughts?
Initially a "too good to be true" and I haven't looked at the lexus owners report yet. But this is close-ish to me
Yeah, it looks promising with LKA, driver monitor, the works. But you can't buy the Lexus Platinum warranty. I am also not a big fan of the executive package because the two rear seats are not equal. My teenagers would have constantly fought to sit in the right seat with the ottoman and the fixed center console eliminates a fifth passenger. I am very happy with the UltraLux package. If the price is competitive and the car checks out, you can try to negotiate, especially if the vehicle has been sitting in the lot for a while. Good luck!
Old 11-10-16, 06:59 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave144239
The service history looks good. I noticed that at 12,000 miles they replaced the bumper for some reason - maybe the car was in a minor accident.

DESCRIPTION: REPLACE REAR BUMPER , RT SIDE REFLECTOR LIGHT & INSTALL APPLIQUE ~ ~REPLACE REAR BUMPER AND ALIGN DECK LID RT SIDE NEW BUMPER ABSOBER, REIN BAR

Apart from that, it looks good. According to the service records, the owner also has (or had) an LF-A, so they could afford to maintain the car. As to why it's not L-Certified, maybe the owner just traded it in at the Volvo dealer. I didn't check the Carfax or anything.
Its been hit. Dont get it. For them to align the decklid, they have to put it on a machine to literally twist the body back into place. No frame damage thats good, but its been hit.
Old 11-10-16, 08:38 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by situman
Its been hit. Dont get it. For them to align the decklid, they have to put it on a machine to literally twist the body back into place. No frame damage thats good, but its been hit.
There was a thread a while back where a Lexus CPO sales manager from NJ said that virtually all LS460s that he sold have had some bumper work. Therefore, I wouldn't necessarily rule out buying such a vehicle, especially as CPO, and the accident repair has been clearly detailed. You can always get the vehicle checked out by an independent shop or PPI company to ensure there is no lingering damage. Plus, if you test drive the vehicle extensively, you can find out whether there are any issues. In fact, you could try negotiating for a lower price due to this repair.

My car had rear bumper damage that I missed when purchasing in Feb 2016. I got it fixed in August. The shop had to stretch the frame a bit to ensure the trunk lid was perfectly aligned (I failed to notice the misalignment while buying, and a Lexus PPI did not catch it either). Regardless, the car has always run beautifully with no issues whatsoever. So, if I were you, I wouldn't be scared off by the bumper repair unless you notice issues during the test drive and/or an independent PPI reveals problems. Don't put your faith in the CPO process. Remember the old saying: Trust but verify....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: would you get this ls600?