LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Help - Clock adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-16, 08:33 AM
jarm
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Clock adjustment

Ok after daylight saving time came around. I went out to my 2013 LS460L to change the clock. I saw on U tube how to change it. I went thru all the steps and still the clock will not change. I have done everything except take the clock out of the dash. Any suggestions? I really don't want to take it to the dealer but may have to.
Old 11-08-16, 10:33 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

In the menu system if you find the menu folder for clock, theres a button for "Daylight Savings Time", click the button to turn it off.
Old 11-08-16, 11:01 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jarm
Ok after daylight saving time came around. I went out to my 2013 LS460L to change the clock. I saw on U tube how to change it. I went thru all the steps and still the clock will not change. I have done everything except take the clock out of the dash. Any suggestions? I really don't want to take it to the dealer but may have to.
If it won't change at all you may have to bring it in, there is a TSB for replacing the clock when it will not adjust through the screen. I had mine replaced with the new part and it works great now!

-Joe
Old 11-08-16, 12:26 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 312 Posts

On my 2010 I had to turn off the auto clock time set. It would then allow me to change the hour back and hit save. If I turned it back on the clock would jump forward 1 hour. So I just left it turned off.

Dennis
Old 11-08-16, 12:51 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by jarm
I really don't want to take it to the dealer but may have to.
Yea, just trade the car in a get a new one with the right time!

Seriously, I have to say I never understood what that DST function did on my car. I thought originally it would automatically adjust the time, but not the case. On my 2007 I just go into the "INFO" screen, touch the "Adjust Clock" button and then the "H" button to adjust the hour. Now that may have changed for the 2013 model.
Old 11-08-16, 04:39 PM
kingbabar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My new to me 2013 has this clock issue. Salesman noticed it too and tried to change through the menus. No dice. Have to bring it in now.
Old 11-09-16, 08:40 PM
jarm
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all your help. Looks like I will take it in.
Old 11-10-16, 05:54 PM
2v1g
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just did it today without any problem. You need to press "darlight saving time" , that will bring the on & off options.
Old 11-10-16, 06:09 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Seems to me you would want to:
Set Auto Adjust Clock to ON
Set Daylight Saving Time to OFF (when DST returns in a few months you would want to set this to ON and not make any other changes)
Set the Time Zone as required for your location
Insure that your car has an unobstructed view of the sky (synchronization is via GPS satellite)
Allow some time for synchronization to occur - maybe more than an hour

Last edited by jmcraney; 11-10-16 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-11-16, 05:46 AM
kingbabar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmcraney
Seems to me you would want to:
Set Auto Adjust Clock to ON
Set Daylight Saving Time to OFF (when DST returns in a few months you would want to set this to ON and not make any other changes)
Set the Time Zone as required for your location
Insure that your car has an unobstructed view of the sky (synchronization is via GPS satellite)
Allow some time for synchronization to occur - maybe more than an hour
Yeah, we've tried that. Unfortunately mine is stuck with it's own time. Tried numerous ways and waiting, no dice. Jamodeo mentioned there's a TSB for it.
Old 11-11-16, 05:58 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by kingbabar
Yeah, we've tried that. Unfortunately mine is stuck with it's own time. Tried numerous ways and waiting, no dice. Jamodeo mentioned there's a TSB for it.
Does your GPS Nav System receive the GPS signal?
Old 11-11-16, 11:13 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have attached the TSIB, here are the conditions for this replacement:

• Clock will NOT automatically update for daylight savings time (with “Daylight Savings Time” set to “ON” in the navigation screen menu).
• Clock will NOT respond to manual adjustment through the navigation screen.

The VINs it applies to are listed within the document. Hope it all gets resolved for you!

-Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-SB-0085-13.pdf (118.7 KB, 546 views)
Old 11-11-16, 11:50 AM
kingbabar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmcraney
Does your GPS Nav System receive the GPS signal?
Yes. And both symptoms that's posted with the TSB applies to my car.
Old 11-12-16, 05:21 AM
salesguy
Rookie

Hey guys, I have a 2013 LS460 and I wanted to make sure I understood the expected behavior.

After the time changed last week, my clock did not. I went into the menu and DST was set to "ON". If I changed it to "OFF" the clock went back an hour.

Am I supposed to have to do that twice per year, or should that happen automatically? I figured that since the car knows where I am it could manage to determine what the time should be.
Old 11-12-16, 06:31 AM
2v1g
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by salesguy
Hey guys, I have a 2013 LS460 and I wanted to make sure I understood the expected behavior.

After the time changed last week, my clock did not. I went into the menu and DST was set to "ON". If I changed it to "OFF" the clock went back an hour.

Am I supposed to have to do that twice per year, or should that happen automatically? I figured that since the car knows where I am it could manage to determine what the time should be.
I need to do it manually. In term of this, the car is not as smart as your cell phone. Don't why North America is still doing the dst stuff, it is not good for your health and don't save too much electricity either, I know China stopped doing that

Quick Reply: Help - Clock adjustment