LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2010 LS460 Sport with low mileage - should I bite?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-16, 05:06 AM
one wolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2v1g
One wolf, have you test drive it yet? Is there anything you don't like about its driving? Try it on some bumpy road and see how the air suspension works. I tried 3 2010 with air suspension. All air struts are in mediocre status and feel worse than regular suspension.

how long has that guy being selling the car? He knows some people are willing to pay high price for very low mileages. Only time will soften him up
Going to check it out today. It is 2 hrs away unfortunately. Anything is particular I should look out for? Known issues with this year/model/trim?

I think I'm one of those guys you refer to who is willing to pay premium for low miles. This car has had less than 4k miles put on it per year and spent the rest of its life in a garage.

You are right that time will soften him up, either that or somebody else who likes this model and puts a premium on low miles will buy it. I think for this car, this mileage, the trim and color I want (black), it's not worth risking just to socket over a couple thousand bucks.
Old 10-22-16, 05:11 AM
one wolf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by seanl
come on now, what's not to like? I love driving this car, and since I tend to spend most of my time inside the car, gotta love the interior!

I have to say I don't like that 2 tone look. I swear the pictures of the one I'm looking at the contrast is not nearly that stark. Are all the 2010 sport leather colors the exact same or might it be a little different than this?
Old 10-22-16, 06:22 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Air suspension disqualifies this car in my opinion. But if your hung up on the interior maybe that overrides that one for you. I don't like the two tone but to each his own. Paying up for what you want isn't bad I guess. If you don't drive a ton of miles you can get a car under $20,000 with about 50k more on it that will be as nice, maybe 2007/2008/2009.
Old 10-22-16, 07:08 AM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

For some reason the two tone contrast of the perforated leather only shows up like that with flash photography. To the naked eye it is hardly noticeable.
Old 10-22-16, 11:05 AM
2v1g
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by teedub21
For some reason the two tone contrast of the perforated leather only shows up like that with flash photography. To the naked eye it is hardly noticeable.
I don't like that pic of 2 colour seat too. I think that is because of the flash light and shouldn't be a major concern.

It it is a little bit hard to drive 2 hours to see the car and arrange a trusted garage to inspect the car near the buyer's place and drive back for another 2 hrs.
Old 10-23-16, 10:42 AM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by teedub21
Absolutely. I really didn't know it was two tone when I bought the car...it has tinted windows and it all looked pretty much black to me, with the light brown trim.

it's very, very tasteful (IMO of course) and is subtle.
Old 10-23-16, 03:12 PM
one wolf
Driver School Candidate

Got it, love it.

The seats have no 2-tone appearance at all - they look black basically although you can tell there's a brown undertone if you look real hard. They look great.

The car is awesome. Thank you for having me in the club!
Old 10-23-16, 03:36 PM
teedub21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by one wolf
Got it, love it.

The seats have no 2-tone appearance at all - they look black basically although you can tell there's a brown undertone if you look real hard. They look great.

The car is awesome. Thank you for having me in the club!
congratulations! The sport models are relatively rare. I'm sure you're going to love it.
Old 10-23-16, 05:14 PM
one wolf
Driver School Candidate

The only two things I wish it had was adaptive cruise, and blind spot warning (not sure this was an option in 2010?)

Is there a well-known set of cheap blind spot curved mirrors available on amazon that fit well on the 4th gen side mirrors?
Old 10-23-16, 05:46 PM
teedub21
Pole Position

Same thing, wish mine had adaptive cruise. One of my buddies has it on his '16 Landcruiser and it's a nice feature.
Old 10-23-16, 06:01 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Congrats on the new car and be sure to post some pics once you get it.
Old 10-23-16, 06:06 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by one wolf
The only two things I wish it had was adaptive cruise, and blind spot warning (not sure this was an option in 2010?)
Is there a well-known set of cheap blind spot curved mirrors available on amazon that fit well on the 4th gen side mirrors?
The BSM option was not available until the 2013 MY. The DRCC might have been available in 2010 sport, but probably very rare. I haven't checked but I am sure you could find blind spot curved mirrors to fit your car.

Congrats on your new car. Please post pics, and enjoy the ride!
Old 10-24-16, 08:48 AM
2v1g
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One wolf: Did that old buy lower his price, did you bring the car to a independent check up?
Old 10-25-16, 10:00 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I was just reading about the Sport Model, and saw that it had downshifting rev-matching with the paddles when in sport mode. I had convinced myself the sport model wasn't much. I take it back! I would LOVE to have that feature on mine. If my car were needed to be replaced, I would try to find a sport. The trim enhancements look great to me also. The downshifting would sound BADA$$ with the Exhaust Vents. That's one of the areas that just sounds amazing with the vents ... when the car is slowing, from about 40 mph to 0 mph, you can't believe how good the exhaust note is. Not loud at all, just sounds awesome. With the paddle shifters and shifting it down, that would have to sound INCREDIBLE. Oh well, live and learn.

OP - I hope you bite and buy it!
Old 10-25-16, 11:29 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
I was just reading about the Sport Model, and saw that it had downshifting rev-matching with the paddles when in sport mode. I had convinced myself the sport model wasn't much. I take it back! I would LOVE to have that feature on mine. If my car were needed to be replaced, I would try to find a sport. The trim enhancements look great to me also. The downshifting would sound BADA$$ with the Exhaust Vents. That's one of the areas that just sounds amazing with the vents ... when the car is slowing, from about 40 mph to 0 mph, you can't believe how good the exhaust note is. Not loud at all, just sounds awesome. With the paddle shifters and shifting it down, that would have to sound INCREDIBLE. Oh well, live and learn.

OP - I hope you bite and buy it!
Yes this is true.

In sport/manumatic mode this applies.

Quick Reply: 2010 LS460 Sport with low mileage - should I bite?