LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brake Install Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-16, 09:14 AM
Lynzoid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, less fade, but rotors and pads will wear faster than original.

Last edited by Lynzoid; 10-13-16 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-13-16, 10:38 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lynzoid
Yes, less fade, but rotors and pads will wear faster than original.
His brakes will last significantly longer than oem setup and will not suffer from glazing (that warped brake sensation.
Old 10-13-16, 10:42 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Originally Posted by NJToany
Superdenso- I didn't really have the time to take some pictures. Its been raining for the past couple days. However I had the chance to take a look into my car. I went and inspected all 4 of my brakes. I reconfirmed that I did do assemble all of the brake setup including my pad wear sensors to standard. As for the Driver side front that i suspected that the last dealership cut off..... It was definitely cut off and end result is that it was done by the "pad wear bypass." I took the electrical taped out and seen that both ends were twisted together to complete the circuit. Funny thing was, all I did after confirming was disconnect my battery and reconnected. The pad wear warning went away. I'm so happy the warning went away, we know how much that "!" annoys us lol.... After the next Pad change, iill spend that extra $30 to do it right.

As for my Brake set up goes..... The brake performance is a lot better. I'm not 100% sure, but i feel there is a little bit more noise from the rotors (slotted and dimpled) while driving on highway. It could be just me being paranoid. Once the radio is turned up a little, you don't even bother to notice. The initial brake in gives a lot of brake dust. From my past experience with the same EBC setup, you will still get mild brake dust from normal driving. I have never gotten the chance to brake hard with it, but one thing I can tell everyone is that this brake setup will not fade. You will get the same brake stoppage no matter how fast or how long you push it. I drove the crap out of my Acura RL, and it will stop when and where I needed to stop.

The pedal feels pretty good. I will probably hold off on the brake flush/bleed until i decide to do the Transmission flush. At 128k, Im not even sure if I should do at tranny flush.
It took about 20k miles but my drilled rotor howl is gone. Further, my brakes went from excess dust to near no dust. Drilled rotors are a hard sell on a forum where owners have accepted brake glazing (warped brake feel) as a normal and regular occurring condition. IMHO, unacceptable for a luxury car.
Old 10-14-16, 06:18 PM
NJToany
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not too worried as stated before about the longevity of this brake setup. I had the same setup for my Acura and I changed the pads on it 3 times. Its been 3 years and I drive my car hard. So from experience with EBC, I would confidently say that I'm not too worried it is not going to run short as said earlier by superdense.

I picked a bad time to paint my calipers with the G2 paint, its starting to get real cold in NJ. Just finished tonight with 3 coats. Im going to wait tomorrow to let it cure, and then I'm going to put on the F Sport decal with couple coats of high temp clear coat.

Rear. I think the rear will look better once its dry.

Front
Old 10-15-16, 07:37 PM
NJToany
Driver School Candidate

Finally finished...... Yay or Nay?
Old 10-15-16, 10:03 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those look money as always you pushed through to get it done. You do nice work and your attention to detail is on par.
Old 10-17-16, 07:36 PM
NJToany
Driver School Candidate

Lextrician- Thanks! I was just hoping the weather would've been a little warmer. The paint would've looked a lot smoother all around. I caught a few cars at a stop light doing a double take. Had one of those faces like, what are those brakes doing on this car lol.

Had a chance to do a 3 stage 3m wax before the winter. Here some pics with the wheels on.

Still had to show my Acura some love lol.

Old 10-18-16, 06:29 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Nice LS...nicer LEGEND!
Old 10-18-16, 05:08 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

I like it!
Hopefully the "F Sport Police" don't see this.
Old 10-18-16, 05:25 PM
NJToany
Driver School Candidate

Superdenso- I still love my Legend. Its lowered on 20x9 all around with Conti DWS. That car handles! I miss it every time I hop in the LS. The LS is just so much for Luxurious, new road noise, and the torque. Just hate because it handles like a boat compared to the Legend. I recommend everyone to get 1!!! especially its so affordable. The SH-AWD in my opinion is one of the best AWD system, its real torque vectoring awd

Chuckinnj- Thanks. "F Sport Police" Lmao... I hope i don't encounter them and get a ticket one of these days.
Old 10-18-16, 10:50 PM
Hanna
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you gonna finish the Corona Extra ? can i help?

Last edited by Hanna; 10-18-16 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-19-16, 08:12 AM
NJToany
Driver School Candidate

Hanna- Already finished... Future advice, do not recommend drinking and painting at the same time lol