LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Cross Country Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-16, 08:54 AM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

carista works for this car too, not as many settings as the LS, but some minor changes. My wife wanted the stop the door locks from unlocking when putting car into park.
Old 08-25-16, 06:22 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Awesome scenery! And congrats, gramps!! Only 40??? You could be one of the few people who get to hold and run around with their great- and maybe even great-great-grand children!!
This will be the second one. I was a grandpa at 38!! I had my kids early in life and my daughter is doing the same. Worked out well for me. I'm doing what I want and actually have the finances to do it!

I have the tech stream and plug, so it should work the same way. I have to turn off the seatbelt warnings before I become suicidal.
Old 08-26-16, 07:20 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by lextout
nice weather in Seattle right now.

Yes, it was we spent 3 days there the week before last. Drove a total of 4200 miles from home to Seattle and back. The weather was great the whole trip lasted 10 days.
Old 08-26-16, 08:23 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyg66
Yes, it was we spent 3 days there the week before last. Drove a total of 4200 miles from home to Seattle and back. The weather was great the whole trip lasted 10 days.
No pics? Then it didn't happen
Old 08-26-16, 08:45 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Deadwood

Wild Bill and Calamity Jane

Art Alley Rapid City SD

Old 08-27-16, 09:19 AM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
No pics? Then it didn't happen

Well not hijack his thread. Yellowstone park.
Attached Thumbnails Cross Country Road Trip-image.jpg  
Old 08-27-16, 09:25 AM
redlight30
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just catching up on this thread. Sorry to hear about your car - glad nobody was hurt. what awesome pictures of the trip
Old 08-27-16, 09:56 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Beautiful pictures and a scenic cross country journey. Certainly more comfortable if you could have continued in your LS as you had intended. Glad no one was hurt and accidents do happen.
Old 08-28-16, 09:18 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

What an awesome trip (putting aside the accident)! I am very sorry to learn the fate of your LS, Greg, and am glad nobody got hurt. Happy you're into a Camry and out of the Impala and look forward to what's next!

P.S. I am amazed you have grand kids! We're very close in age, and I'm still dealing with pre-school, grade-school, and tons of bickering!
Old 09-03-16, 01:03 PM
cerbum
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bummer to hear about the accident with the curb and your LS during the roadtrip. The curbs in Vegas seem unnaturally high in a lot of places there. Good luck with the Camry for a few months until you get the itch to start looking for another LS. Time is on your side during the hunt.

Grandkids at 38. Kids are a lot of work.

Old 02-11-17, 10:05 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

*Update*

Found my baby online. Told my wife I'm going to buy it back and buy another to fix it.....Yes that isn't happening. lol But it is sad to see it still sitting there with a broken leg. Still driving the Camry for now. No complaints. I put in all new Polk Audio speakers, two Alpine amps, and two Alpine Type R 12' subs in it. My next project is buying a Mercedes Sprinter and converting it to an RV for travel for me and the wife. We enjoyed this trip so much it really stirred something in us to do it more. So the Sprinter with a diesel is our next project. Currently in the research phase, so nothing set in stone.

Old 02-11-17, 11:55 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Hi Greg, It must be really hard to see your former car lying about neglected. It's hard to get over the affection for one's car, especially one that was "snatched away" so suddenly. I am sure when staring at the car, you almost felt as if the car was just as sad as you. How did you track her down? Hopefully, she will be fixed soon for someone to enjoy or at least will "donate" her good parts to bring joy to other cars!
Old 02-11-17, 03:56 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Ugh its awful. Looking at it, I did laugh a bit because even after the long trip, the crash, and sitting since August, it was still shiny under the dust. I washed and waxed that car one or twice a week.

It is going to be for sale at Copart. The amount of salvaged cars being sold daily there is amazing. And some of the prices they are getting for cars that are almost completely destroyed is amazing. I can see cars like mine with what amounts to minor damage, but some of them have been rolled, burned, blown up, hit with a Scud missile, and they still are getting thousands for them. Copart is quite the operation.
Old 02-11-17, 08:24 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by greg3852
Ugh its awful. Looking at it, I did laugh a bit because even after the long trip, the crash, and sitting since August, it was still shiny under the dust. I washed and waxed that car one or twice a week.

It is going to be for sale at Copart. The amount of salvaged cars being sold daily there is amazing. And some of the prices they are getting for cars that are almost completely destroyed is amazing. I can see cars like mine with what amounts to minor damage, but some of them have been rolled, burned, blown up, hit with a Scud missile, and they still are getting thousands for them. Copart is quite the operation.
You wash and waxed your car once or twice a week. No wonder it's so shiny and that's a lot of effort and time. I understand because I wash and wax mines at least once a week and I enjoy keeping my LS clean.
Old 02-13-17, 09:46 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

It isn't even my car and it bothers me to see it sitting there that way...
Its evident you took excellent car of that car, inside and out.
I personally think its very difficult to not take pride in and take care of a vehicle, especially an upper end vehicle like an LS
But on the bright side, you and the wife are figuring another way to bond and create memories, and that there is priceless!
OH! Beautiful photos!

Quick Reply: Cross Country Road Trip