LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Should i go for it? what should i offer

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-16, 06:57 AM
kofifi
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Should i go for it? what should i offer

Long story short my wife had a 2008 lexus rx350 we had a new baby and we figured we should get a tahoe.......WORST DECISION EVER. 6 months later we are looking to get her back in a lexus and figured the LS for the roominess and off course the luxury.

https://silsbeetoyota.financing.deal..._1463423250791

We found this lexus and my wife loves the color combo. I wanted to see what you guys thought and how much you think i should offer. I did notice they have had it on their lot almost 6 months. I plan on paying cash is that a benefit for a dealer to pay cash or should i finace and pay off immediately? Thanks for all answers
Old 05-21-16, 07:16 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Offer him 13.5 and wait for their counter...then tell them you'll meet them 1/2 way. Enjoy your new car.
Old 05-21-16, 08:43 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Make sure you look at the history. Take the vin and look at all that's been done through the Lexus site. If you can negotiate $15k I think you'll do well. Drop a load of hundreds on the desk. Lol

Good luck.
Old 05-21-16, 08:52 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Nice LS seems well taken care of and hopefully a good service history and no issues. Its been on the lot for about 6 months so make an offer. Cash is the best way to go.
Old 05-21-16, 08:57 AM
kofifi
Driver School Candidate

I emailed and offered them 15000 cash they said they had an offer of 16500 that they were not willing to take and if I wanted to put in another offer I could. I think I will walk away and see if they call me within the next week and go from there. I will keep looking as well.
Old 05-21-16, 09:58 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by kofifi
I emailed and offered them 15000 cash they said they had an offer of 16500 that they were not willing to take and if I wanted to put in another offer I could. I think I will walk away and see if they call me within the next week and go from there. I will keep looking as well.
They have an offer for $16500 and they didn't take it? And the thing has been on the lot for 6 months? I'd tell them to pound sand. I thought $15,000 would have been fair...perhaps a little in your favor...but this is what these places do, they play games.
Old 05-21-16, 11:59 AM
younglad
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You did it through email so it's easier for them to not accept the offer. You will probably get a better response if you put an offer in person. Just make sure the car is good to go.
Old 05-21-16, 12:17 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Waive the check under their nose in person. And then start walking away - they'll take it! Make the deal contingent upon a pre-purchase inspection at a Lexus dealership. Look in particular at the front control arm bushings.
Old 05-21-16, 12:21 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by younglad
You did it through email so it's easier for them to not accept the offer. You will probably get a better response if you put an offer in person. Just make sure the car is good to go.
You beat me to it. I was going to say this exact same thing.

Also, they're full of horse hockey. There is no way that they refused an offer 500 dollars less than asking price.

Go there and see the car, and make the same offer you made by email. When they say "no", leave them your phone number and walk away. When (not if), they call you back, be prepared to counter their counter-offer.....
Old 05-21-16, 04:33 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
And the thing has been on the lot for 6 months?
This is stupidity of the highest order. SIX MONTHS? I panic at 60 days! The price isn't bad at all if the car is nice though.
Old 05-21-16, 04:34 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by younglad
As a dealer...

This.

Want my attention? Be standing in front of me and be ready to drive it home. Now.
Old 05-21-16, 04:43 PM
kofifi
Driver School Candidate

Yes you are right about face to face transactions however the only dillema is i live quite a bit away from the dealership. I wanted to get price ironed out before making a trip... more like a journey. Was planning on flying down getting an inspection done then driving it back. I figured 15000 was a good offer considering how long they have been sitting on vehicle.
Old 05-21-16, 06:01 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
You beat me to it. I was going to say this exact same thing.

Also, they're full of horse hockey. There is no way that they refused an offer 500 dollars less than asking price.

Go there and see the car, and make the same offer you made by email. When they say "no", leave them your phone number and walk away. When (not if), they call you back, be prepared to counter their counter-offer.....
I'd offer em $14,000 and bring it in liquor tinged singles.

Lol.
Old 05-24-16, 03:26 AM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

I'd be hard pressed if there's a mint 460 under 100k miles for under 20k$
Old 05-24-16, 03:57 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kofifi
Yes you are right about face to face transactions however the only dillema is i live quite a bit away from the dealership. I wanted to get price ironed out before making a trip... more like a journey. Was planning on flying down getting an inspection done then driving it back. I figured 15000 was a good offer considering how long they have been sitting on vehicle.
The car is nice but the deal would need to be a bit better to travel by air to get it. Timing could be in your favor (ie end of month and holiday). Moreover, the pricing on this car favors the buyer after September.

Quick Reply: Should i go for it? what should i offer