LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-17, 11:00 AM
J504504
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Wow great purchase, congrats! Feel free to PM if you ever have any mod questions.
Thanks I sure will
Old 02-18-17, 08:51 PM
Fankrah
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

I'm relatively new here.
Vehicle: 2007 LS460 L
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Silver interior
Mark Levinson Stereo with Navigation
Love it. (Moved from the world of Acura)
Unfortunately, it's costing me quite a bit to maintain.
Amplifier died 3 months ago; PCS System light on; Shocks&Struts bad.
Looking for aftermarket parts. Checked on Ebay and Amazon and for suspension parts and found one from Suncore and Megan Racing.
Suncore Air Suspension to coil over conversion kit is almost twice the cost of the Megan Racing one.
The cost of a new Amplifier from a dealer is about $2500. Repair services on eBay are about $500 - $700. I'm lost and bleeding money.
Seriously considering trading in the vehicle but I'm torn because I love the vehicle too.
Any assistance/suggestions on how to get good deals and where will be very welcome. Thanks all!

Last edited by Fankrah; 02-18-17 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-19-17, 03:24 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Fankrah
Hi,

I'm relatively new here.
Vehicle: 2007 LS460 L
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Silver interior
Mark Levinson Stereo with Navigation
Love it. (Moved from the world of Acura)
Unfortunately, it's costing me quite a bit to maintain.
Amplifier died 3 months ago; PCS System light on; Shocks&Struts bad.
Looking for aftermarket parts. Checked on Ebay and Amazon and for suspension parts and found one from Suncore and Megan Racing.
Suncore Air Suspension to coil over conversion kit is almost twice the cost of the Megan Racing one.
The cost of a new Amplifier from a dealer is about $2500. Repair services on eBay are about $500 - $700. I'm lost and bleeding money.
Seriously considering trading in the vehicle but I'm torn because I love the vehicle too.
Any assistance/suggestions on how to get good deals and where will be very welcome. Thanks all!
Welcome,
Every single one of your issues are common trouble spots and aside from the amplifier which can go at any time, is why many of us here advocate having a PPI (pre purchase inspection) and thorough reading of service records prior to purchase. Also, have you taken your car to a dealer or indy shop? Or both?
If you have not done so already, check out your car's dealer service history at Lexus's owners website where upon registering and providing the VIN, you can see all service done by either a Lexus or Toyota dealer. I bring this up as you might get lucky and one of those items listed being done recent enough to still be covered by Lexus. Not likely however. Also, how many miles are on your car?

With your car now being 10 years old, needing new air shocks is nothing out of the ordinary and even conventional shocks should be replaced by then. Please check out the myriad strut and air shock replacement threads here as there are many options for their replacement and some great advice for keeping costs down. I am guessing you have done so already.

Do understand, especially if replacing the struts with the post 2013 ones, you will not have to worry about this for most likely another 10 years. Shocks again will come up in another 100,000 miles or so as any would. It is just with the air shocks that them not up to spec causes causes greater issues over conventional shocks and is why some do avoid the air suspension option specifically.
The amplifier has been an issue on Mark Levinson equipped LS models since the LS430 (when first introduced) and once replaced you should not have any issues for quite some time.

While it is a Lexus and the drivetrain is exceedingly reliable, it is also a luxury car with one equipped like yours costing in excess of $70,000. Luxury cars have features and technology that simply cost more than their less expensive stablemates. While there is no doubt these issues suck, especially seemingly coming at you all at once, once sorted you really should be free and clear for many years aside from things like oil changes, air filters and the like.
Moreover, if you try to sell the car as is say at a dealer, I do not even want to think about what they would offer you on trade in.

Unless you got an amazing deal on your 460, you really are going to get fleeced if trying to sell as is. And considering your list covers almost literally every known trouble spot, once complete, you really will be good to go for many years.
Old 02-19-17, 09:34 PM
Fankrah
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks for the warm welcome.

Junglequac, thanks for the warm welcome! I don't feel so alone anymore.
Here are answers to some of your questions:
Mileage: 108, 000
I've been to an indy shop. I haven't been to the dealership yet. Just scared to go there based on my research so far but I'm planning to go next Saturday to find out what else is wrong with the vehicle. From what I've gathered so far, only the dealership can fix the PCS System error. So if' it's not too expensive, I'll have them fix it but I'll find an indy shop to fix the rest of the issues if any.
Yes, I tried to trade it in for a new car (not another luxury car) and their offer was so horrible, I rejected it. I'm so upside down on it that it doesn't make sense to trade it in. (You are so right!).
I'll search the threads like you suggested and find the most cost effective maintenance options suggested by other users.

Thanks again for all your help!
Old 02-20-17, 02:10 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Fankrah
Junglequac, thanks for the warm welcome! I don't feel so alone anymore.
Here are answers to some of your questions:
Mileage: 108, 000
I've been to an indy shop. I haven't been to the dealership yet. Just scared to go there based on my research so far but I'm planning to go next Saturday to find out what else is wrong with the vehicle. From what I've gathered so far, only the dealership can fix the PCS System error. So if' it's not too expensive, I'll have them fix it but I'll find an indy shop to fix the rest of the issues if any.
Yes, I tried to trade it in for a new car (not another luxury car) and their offer was so horrible, I rejected it. I'm so upside down on it that it doesn't make sense to trade it in. (You are so right!).
I'll search the threads like you suggested and find the most cost effective maintenance options suggested by other users.

Thanks again for all your help!
Of course. I too have a 2007 that I purchased in early December and I love it. Once this is sorted, you are gonna absolutely love yours. The good thing is that you are in a major metro area (my baby brother lived there until 3 years ago) and the place should be lousy with indy's that specialize in Japanese cars and Lexii especially.

From other threads I have come across, I am pretty sure you can have it all handled for under $2000. I believe member Roadfrog just replaced both shocks and struts on his, but I am having problems finding his thread about it.

For the amplifier, United Radio is most likely the most cost effective destination and they are a mega repair facility also working on myriad home theater/audio equipment as well. They do good work and the Mark Levinson in the LS still remains if not the best, in the absolute upper strata of OEM car audio.
Old 02-21-17, 04:56 AM
GHARP57
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello everyone!

Im joining CL because in a couple weeks I will be getting my LS! It's a 2007 460L
Here are the photos from Carmax

https://www.carmax.com/car/13523718

Super excited to join the group I am a Toyota lover with my Father owning a 94 pick-up, My wife is in a 2012 Camry, my mother in a 96 Camry, my brother in a 98 4Runner, and I also own a 99 4Runner. I work for an auto group in Central Va as a wholesaler for parts

I look forward to talking with you guys and learning more about my LS!

Greg
Old 02-21-17, 12:23 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by J504504
Thanks I sure will
You're very welcome!
Old 02-21-17, 07:44 PM
jrnevils
Driver School Candidate

Default My third LS!

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new (or new to you) LS please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model and package (460L, 600h, F-Sport, etc)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options

and congratulations!
Greetings! Just purchased a 2010 LS Truffle Mica (looks dark brown or dark grey depending on the light),with Ecru? Interior. I still have my 06 430 which has been a great car.Thanks to this forum I knew what to look for.When I saw the records on the Lexus owners site showing that all the control arms were replaced last year by a Lexus dealer,that sealed the deal for me. Love the car.A natural upgrade from the 430. Peace!
Old 02-22-17, 07:14 AM
dgmorr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just picked up a 2007 LS460 after a couple years of being on the fence about them. I wish had bought one years ago, it's so amazing. I'm starting to think I should have spent more for a newer one with more features.

Is it possible to add the rear-side sunshades by swapping out door cards or will new wiring have to be run?

Last edited by dgmorr; 02-22-17 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-22-17, 09:52 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by jrnevils
Greetings! Just purchased a 2010 LS Truffle Mica (looks dark brown or dark grey depending on the light),with Ecru? Interior. I still have my 06 430 which has been a great car.Thanks to this forum I knew what to look for.When I saw the records on the Lexus owners site showing that all the control arms were replaced last year by a Lexus dealer,that sealed the deal for me. Love the car.A natural upgrade from the 430. Peace!
Congrats on your new car and welcome to CL. Look forward to seeing pics inside and out. As a 3LS owner, you know you are in for a treat with this car, and many miles and years of driving pleasure.

Originally Posted by dgmorr
Just picked up a 2007 LS460 after a couple years of being on the fence about them. I wish had bought one years ago, it's so amazing. I'm starting to think I should have spent more for a newer one with more features.

Is it possible to add the rear-side sunshades by swapping out door cards or will new wiring have to be run?

Congrats on your new car and welcome to CL! Look forward to seeing pics inside and out. I am sure you have many miles and years of driving enjoyment with this car.

I know how you are feeling about buying one with more options. I bought a base 2012 SWB in June 2015, and switched to a loaded 2014 LWB in Feb 2016 precisely for the reasons you stated. I doubt very much you will be able to add rear door sunshades to your car. You maybe able to swap out an entire interior door panel, or possibly the door itself, but that could be expensive. Besides, you would have to wire all the connections to buttons on the center consoles (the window shade control buttons are not located on the door). If you really need additional features, and not having them keeps bothering you, I would bite the bullet, take a loss, and trade up to a better-optioned car before too long. Good luck!

Last edited by comotiger; 02-22-17 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-25-17, 07:00 AM
Neek804
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New to the site

Wassup everybody, here from Richmond,Va.
Ive owned my 07 460L for about a year now and I definitely love it.
i have about 138,000 miles on it, since I drive it daily. Before I purchased I made sure it had Air suspension and ML system.
Its Exterior is Silver, and interior is Black.
Recently had to get it painted from a minor scratch on front bumper and after a trip to the dealer for diagnostics Its time to replace my front air shocks, motor mounts, and a few other things but those two are where I want to start.
Anybody who has or knows about replacing them this question is for you. Can I just buy air shocks or do I need to purchase actuators as well? As for the mounts my issue is gettin the right parts, I keep coming across insulators and brackets.
Thank you for the advice in advance I will be sure to read and learn as much as I can from this site, it's a great resource!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_0028.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_0026.jpg  
Old 02-25-17, 11:12 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgmorr

Congrats! Feel free to PM if you may have any mod questions.
Old 02-26-17, 06:09 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need Lexus extended warranty I am in nyc

Hello everyone I'm not new but upgraded to a 2011 ls 460 with 39500 miles. It's a special edition that's really stands out from the rest. I'm looking for the Lexus extended warranty but they are talking 3500.00 which I decline. Any referrals would be highly appreciated. My number is 347-869-2915 thank you in advance.
Old 02-27-17, 10:29 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03 LS 430
Hello everyone I'm not new but upgraded to a 2011 ls 460 with 39500 miles. It's a special edition that's really stands out from the rest. I'm looking for the Lexus extended warranty but they are talking 3500.00 which I decline. Any referrals would be highly appreciated. My number is 347-869-2915 thank you in advance.
Great purchase, congrats!
Old 03-01-17, 12:13 PM
Natelw
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Natelw
Here is a pic of my LS 460. The dealer calls it Ultra White but I'm not too certain it isn't Starfire Pearl, is there a way to confirm with the VIN. Anyway, I hope to drive this until 300k plus. 2014 LS 460 AWD - purchased from Lexus of Spokane 29k miles.
Ha just as I suspected this LS is actually Starfire Pearl (paint code 077) and not Ultra White. Sad when I can get it right from a picture only and a dealer can't get it right at all

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!