LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Still Vibrating after Road Force Balancing

Old 12-21-15, 09:29 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aaauae
might be your Rims are bent
Originally Posted by Kennyr44
Rotate the tires front to rear now and drive it. This will rule out a slightly bent wheel or bad tire.
Originally Posted by tbilisi79
Tire could have a bad belt inside, hard to pin point but should be seen when road force balancing.
If the rims is fine, most often it's the tire. Even a new tire can be bad when trying to balance it.

Also worn out suspension will have its hand too.
There is no need to do this, this would have been readily apparent with the RF balance machine, which is the exact reason I suggest it: it takes the guesswork out of the equation and eliminates both the wheels and tires as being defective.
What is does not do is check that the mating surfaces are true, and you will have to throw a run out gauge on the mating surface to verify that it's flat.

Last edited by NickTee; 12-21-15 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-21-15, 09:04 PM
IncgntoLex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IncgntoLex
Have you checked your driveline/propeller shaft, carrier bearing, and other bushings as well?
Originally Posted by norviewguy
Question will this be what I am feeling even if I put it in neutral at 75? I still feel it whether I'm in neutral or drive.
Yes this is possible to be felt in neutral or drive. The driveline/propeller shaft, and carrier bearing are just additional areas I would check. It is unlikely that your driveline/propeller shaft has gone bad, but these are items that can be balanced by a decent driveline shop. If they fall victim to rust, factory weights could potentially come off causing them to be out of balance. I have had other vehicles (they were Mercedes) in my shop with the same problems you have described, and after a lot of diag time we ended up resolving the issue by replacing the carrier bearing. As NickTee stated, the road force test will identify bent rims and any problems with the tires as well. You should follow his suggestion on ensuring the mating surfaces are clean before any other diag.