LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Northwest Houston Lexus does it again

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-15, 04:24 PM
jarm
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northwest Houston Lexus does it again

OK so I purchased an extended warranty for my 07 Lexus LS. Waited several months then took it in for the control arm replacement. Of course they only replaced 6 out of the 8 saying the other two didn't need it. Well a month after visiting my favorite Lexus dealer, the front control arms started making noise. So I called for an appointment. I told the girl they should have replaced all of them when you had it last but they really don't care. I had a bad day one day and called my service tech. I asked why is it when since I purchased a Lexus warranty and bring my Lexus to a Lexus dealership to have a list of things fixed that they only fix 1 thing. This is the 3rd time this has happened. She then told me that they have to bring someone out to inspect my car to fix the warranty work. Hell this is a Lexus dealer and a Lexus warranty and you don't back your own warranty. Total BS. So I took my car in and sure enough the other two control arms were bad. They also fixed a front parking sensor that I asked them to fix last time and a brake actuator. All was good, They had my car some 13 days. I really didn't care since I had their rental es 350. So I went in to pick up my car. I was completely dirty inside and out. They didn't wash it. After I got home I noticed that someone at Lexus stole the six CDs that were loaded in the front dash and my I-pod in the console. So I called the service manager and explained this to him. He told me that I should have removed anything in my car of value. I told him that I thought that I did not have to worry since it was a LEXUS DEALER. We will see what happens. Anyone else knows of a better dealership in Houston, please let me know. They only reason I go there it is close to my home.

Last edited by jarm; 09-19-15 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-19-15, 04:36 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Did you have issues with your control arms before you purchased your extended warranty.
Old 09-19-15, 11:48 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

I had a problem with my trunk opening and closing but covered under warranty. It took three days for the rep to inspect the broken parts and ok the approval. It was nice having the RX loaner. I always remove anything of value from my car if I have to leave it over night. Thieves are everywhere and dealerships are no exception.
I'm surprise Lexus didn't wash your car because that's something they usually do even if you tell them not to.
A business is only as good as the employees who works there.
Old 09-20-15, 02:26 PM
BT3100
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Did you have issues with your control arms before you purchased your extended warranty.
Would that give the dealer permission to steal from OP's car?
Old 09-20-15, 02:34 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by BT3100
No, but it would explain to a great extent how the universe works, the reason why extended warranties are expensive and why dealerships suck.
Old 09-20-15, 03:48 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

And what does that have to do with Devh's response?? Why would you assume this???
Old 09-20-15, 04:45 PM
BT3100
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by roadfrog
And what does that have to do with Devh's response?? Why would you assume this???
I assumed it because I've read his posts AND to no one's surprise I was right..
Unless you missed his response to my post
Old 09-20-15, 04:49 PM
Devh
Racer

I assumed it because I've read his posts AND to no one's surprise I was right..
Unless you missed his response to my post
You assumed wrong. I said no. It is wrong to steal even if someone steals from you, even if it's not wittingly. However hilarity ensues when it's Met with irony.

Last edited by Devh; 09-20-15 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-20-15, 04:54 PM
BT3100
Pit Crew

You assumed wrong. I said no. It is wrong to steal even if someone steals from you.
So let me get this straight..

You DID NOT ask the question because you assumed that he bought the warranty after he learned of the damage as to defraud the warranty?

If not I guess I was wrong.

See I thought that you asked the question as you suspected that he bought the warranty with the express purpose of initiating a claim after he previously learned of the damage to his car.

What galvanized this thinking on my part was the statement that you made where you disclosed your feelings that the universe "sucks"...

I now know you were just asking out of pure and utter curiosity.
Old 09-20-15, 05:03 PM
Devh
Racer

So let me get this straight..

You DID NOT ask the question because you assumed that he bought the warranty after he learned of the damage as to defraud the warranty?

If not I guess I was wrong.

See I thought that you asked the question as you suspected that he bought the warranty with the express purpose of initiating a claim after he previously learned of the damage to his car.

What galvanized this thinking on my part was the statement that you made where you disclosed your feelings that the universe "sucks"...

I now know you were just asking out of pure and utter curiosity.
I asked a genuine question for clarification. I didn't add anything more than that. You made the assumption based on my question which had nothing to do with what I was asking. It's ok to ask questions because it could be that OP worded it incorrectly. I never said anything about the dealership stealing from the OP but since you mentioned it I commented on it. Mind you based on your assumptions of what I wrote.

Last edited by Devh; 09-20-15 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-20-15, 07:10 PM
BT3100
Pit Crew

You assumed wrong. I said no. It is wrong to steal even if someone steals from you, even if it's not wittingly. However hilarity ensues when it's Met with irony.
I asked a genuine question for clarification. I didn't add anything more than that. You made the assumption based on my question which had nothing to do with what I was asking. It's ok to ask questions because it could be that OP worded it incorrectly. I never said anything about the dealership stealing from the OP but since you mentioned it I commented on it. Mind you based on your assumptions of what I wrote.
Clarification of what?
What were you trying to clarify?
You asked him if he knew his bushings were shot before he bought a warranty.

What you were trying to do is push back on him for "trying to defraud the warranty company"

You said so yourself in your response which pointed to your view of how the "universe works".

You took his issue of the dealer stealing from him and flipped it to point it to the OP.

This does not surprise me. I must be honest when I read thread I expected you to check in and fire back at the OP. I have no reason to dislike you. You do post some great stuff, however you have a view of this brand that is clouded and unwilling to admit the flaws that are evident to most.

Nothing personal, we both own an LS and share the love of the car.

Best.
Old 09-20-15, 07:30 PM
Devh
Racer

Clarification of what?
What were you trying to clarify?
You asked him if he knew his bushings were shot before he bought a warranty.

What you were trying to do is push back on him for "trying to defraud the warranty company"

You said so yourself in your response which pointed to your view of how the "universe works".

You took his issue of the dealer stealing from him and flipped it to point it to the OP.

This does not surprise me. I must be honest when I read thread I expected you to check in and fire back at the OP. I have no reason to dislike you. You do post some great stuff, however you have a view of this brand that is clouded and unwilling to admit the flaws that are evident to most.

Nothing personal, we both own an LS and share the love of the car.

Best.
We can go in circles over nothing. In all honesty I did ask for clarification because it would seem by the OPs statement he deliberately defrauded the warranty company. The rest about the OP receiving bad service by the dealer is a separate issue entirely. I wasn't going to flip out on him if he was comfortable committing a felony. I would've reported it to the admin.

Last edited by Devh; 09-20-15 at 10:47 PM.