LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

iVIC-DR + PS bypass install - no sound when DVD playback

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-14, 01:49 PM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Exclamation iVIC-DR + PS bypass install - no sound when DVD playback

I just finished installing iVIC-DR and Prestigious Society Video/Navigation bypass and everything is working fine except I get no sound while DVD playback from the cd changer. My car is a 2008 ls600hl executive so I also have a rear DVD player, which sound work OK while DVD is playing. It's just the one in front that don't have sound anymore. I noticed though that there is sound on the wireless headphone on the car, but nothing from the speaker of the car. I know how to switch source (in the rear click source on the remote controller and toggle speaker output). But somehow, this doesn't work for the front DVD. Music on CD play fine, and even audio DVD play fine through the speaker, it's only DVD-video disc that don't get sound (and only from the CD changer, rear is alright). I'm not sure who might be the culprit because I installed both iVIC-DR and Prestigious Society at the same time. Can anyone reproduce this situation on their install ? I know there was a revision on PS bypass module and mine have only "NAV" button although it's the video+nav version (I think the video part is automatic on that revision and don't need a on/off switch anymore). This is annoying because I have many DVD-video that I burned with mp2 track (in order to fit several thousand songs on a single disk since ML system won't playback mp3 on dvd). What i'm interested in is knowing if the peoples who have any of those installed have working dvd playback (with audio) or not.

Thanks for your help all

Last edited by Vansibel; 12-12-14 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-12-14, 02:46 PM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Spoke with Vais Tech, turn out there is a dedicated digital wire for the audio part of dvd video. Disassembled everything and found the wire buried deep under other wires, plugged it back and everything is working. The fact that the CD were playing fine didn't pointed to an unplugged wire at first. But as baffling as it is, a single dedicated cable is used for the audio part of a dvd-video (not even the same for a dvd audio). Big thanks to Vais tech for helping me out, pretty outstanding service

Your best friend for this install: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...4L._SY300_.jpg
Put a few inside your 10mm bolt extractor, cause if you drop those screw, you're screwed
Old 12-12-14, 03:15 PM
Vansibel
Intermediate

I also had another issue with the backup camera not showing on demand through iVIC-DR. Didn't really cared that much for this feature but after speaking with Vais, turn out this feature don't work with iVIC-DR programmed in mode 3 (for lexus with self park). So my backup camera still work perfectly like it should, I just can't bring it on screen while driving like in some other lexus model equipped with iVIC-D. I already have a wifi cam that record the back of the car so I really don't care for this feature, I'm just posting it there in case people with car equipped with self park plan to install it.

Last edited by Vansibel; 12-12-14 at 03:18 PM.