LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tired of my LS460 but now love it again!

Old 10-20-14, 06:54 PM
cregeis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Tired of my LS460 but now love it again!

I have a 2008 LS460 and I was getting tired of it so I test drove several cars including the new BMW 5 Series, the X5, Ford Explorer, Acura MDX, Chevy Impala (kind of like the way it looks!) and a Mercedes E350. After test driving each one, I would get back into my LS and appreciate the way it drives, the quality of the leather and other materials and just how smoothly and quietly it drove. So if you are getting tired of your car, I suggest you just test drive a few other cars!
Old 10-20-14, 06:58 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OMG, I am in the same boat. There should be car counselors...when the love disappears! LOL

Originally Posted by cregeis
I have a 2008 LS460 and I was getting tired of it so I test drove several cars including the new BMW 5 Series, the X5, Ford Explorer, Acura MDX, Chevy Impala (kind of like the way it looks!) and a Mercedes E350. After test driving each one, I would get back into my LS and appreciate the way it drives, the quality of the leather and other materials and just how smoothly and quietly it drove. So if you are getting tired of your car, I suggest you just test drive a few other cars!
Old 10-20-14, 07:14 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm happy that my LS460 is boring to drive.
If you want to get excited, own a BMW or Merc especially when it acts up.
Old 10-20-14, 08:03 PM
cregeis
Driver School Candidate

i have had 5 BMWs and 2 Mercedes, which is why I am driving a Lexus now. My favorite car was my 2001 BMW 740iL but I swear I paid for that car twice because of all of the repairs.
Old 10-20-14, 08:56 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

Same with my 7 series. I only miss it when it ran well.....which was almost never.
Old 10-21-14, 06:44 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i've been out test driving the Hyundai Genesis and Kia K900

those cars just aren't there yet, and not sure if they ever will be...i'm ready to stay with my 460 for the long haul!
Old 10-21-14, 11:00 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Smile

I love my LS 460 L so much I have no desire to test drive another vehicle. I've own a MB and Audi (both in the repair shop on a regular basis) but the 460 is total satisfaction for me. Lexus the pursuit of perfection.
Old 10-21-14, 12:55 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Playing devils advocate here! Maybe if driving another car of its caliber will sway you in a different direction? Driving "lesser" cars will always bring you back. How about the new S class or XJ to even the playing field? Taking a Impala, MDX, or even a 5 series out for a spin is not enough to sway you from an LS. . Ok..im ready for the flames lol.
Old 10-21-14, 01:27 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kinda like the wife compared to the girlfriend? If you keep going back to the wife, you're just not picking the right kind of girlfriend...
Old 10-21-14, 01:27 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 351 Likes on 242 Posts

I'll say this, the LS has a different feel than the BMWs for sure...Audi too, but overall the Lexus is a better car. The LS accelerates pretty darn well for a big car, it doesn't maybe feel like a 535, but the 535 is a piece of junk. Overall the LS just has a good blend of everything and the design is very modern. I swear the rear end of this car is one of the nicest I've ever seen - and it it copied by others. The side view is breathtaking and the front is pretty decent as well.

I've never received so many compliments on one car. I've literally walked with someone to the parking lot at work and the person will stop and say...who's car is that? It's beautiful? You can't get that with many cars.
Old 10-21-14, 05:24 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
Playing devils advocate here! Maybe if driving another car of its caliber will sway you in a different direction? Driving "lesser" cars will always bring you back. How about the new S class or XJ to even the playing field? Taking a Impala, MDX, or even a 5 series out for a spin is not enough to sway you from an LS. . Ok..im ready for the flames lol.
Slvr surfr - I'm impressed with the new S class and actually looked at one but never went for a test drive. I've never been impressed with any Jaguar. Personally I would buy a new Impala over the two cars of caliber. I could test drive the two but I'm so contented with my LS 460 even if MB and Jaguar offered a 50% discount I would keep my LS without any doubt. The Lexus LS 460 is a car I love to own and a car I love to drive. I'm just a die hard Lexus fan. Lexus the pursuit of perfection. lol.
Old 10-21-14, 08:57 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Benz is the only car temtping enough to get me out of lexus ,,, Any AMG sedan would do it for me ,,specifically the cls55 or the s63 , but I need a reliable daily driver ,,and they are gas guzzling cars that constantly need to see the mechanic.
Old 10-21-14, 10:32 PM
gemigniani
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by peteybabes
i've been out test driving the Hyundai Genesis and Kia K900
those cars just aren't there yet, and not sure if they ever will be...i'm ready to stay with my 460 for the long haul!
I rented the all new 2015 Hyundai Sonata and was shocked at how it was virtually the equal of the ES350 in ride comfort and quietness and very noticably ahead of the Camry/Avalon. From the accounts I've read from others, the Genesis ranks above the GS350, but below the LS460 in ride comfort, quietness and richness of the interior furnishings - all for a price near an ES350.

Hyundai's very latest models are serious competition nowadays for both Toyota and Lexus in regard to bump smothering ride comfort, freedom from road noise, seat comfort and richness of the interior furnishings. Although the current Equus is an aging design that is no match for the LS460, I'd bet the next major redesign will be.
Old 10-22-14, 05:33 AM
triniexr
Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Benz is the only car temtping enough to get me out of lexus ,,, Any AMG sedan would do it for me ,,specifically the cls55 or the s63 , but I need a reliable daily driver ,,and they are gas guzzling cars that constantly need to see the mechanic.
You'd be surprised at the gas consumption on the 2011+ S63. Its not that bad....Below 2011 is horrible. I average 9.8L/100km on the highway using cruise control at 130km/h. Combined I get between 15.7 and 18.1. I know the Lexus is better than that but this is a 5.5L twin turbo V8 with 536hp.

When your stopped at a light in ECO mode the engine shuts off to save gas. As soon as you lift your foot off the brake the engine starts back up automatically.
Old 10-22-14, 05:37 AM
triniexr
Driver

Originally Posted by gemigniani
I rented the all new 2015 Hyundai Sonata and was shocked at how it was virtually the equal of the ES350 in ride comfort and quietness and very noticably ahead of the Camry/Avalon. From the accounts I've read from others, the Genesis ranks above the GS350, but below the LS460 in ride comfort, quietness and richness of the interior furnishings - all for a price near an ES350.

Hyundai's very latest models are serious competition nowadays for both Toyota and Lexus in regard to bump smothering ride comfort, freedom from road noise, seat comfort and richness of the interior furnishings. Although the current Equus is an aging design that is no match for the LS460, I'd bet the next major redesign will be.
I too am surprised at Hyundai. They have stepped up their game drastically and continue to do so. The new Genesis and Equus are really nice. In this article they are comparing it to the LS460.

http://2016newcarsblog.com/2015-hyun...del-2015/#page

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tired of my LS460 but now love it again!