LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS remote start install DIY

Old 07-24-14, 02:43 PM
greddy09sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadfrog
All done. It took me about 45 minutes. This really was soooo simple.

I did not take any photos, because they really aren't necessary if you follow the instructions which are so very clear. I used T-Taps (red ones as the wire gauge is very thin).

Couple of things to note:

1. When all the wires are connected, remember to press the "push to start" switch three times. This will program the DBall module and the led will turn from red to green.

2. I did not connect the parking lights to the module, as apparently they will not light up if you leave your headlight switch on "auto" as I always do. I don't need my parking lights to be on while the car is running, so not an issue.

Honestly, this is as easy as it gets!

On a side note, this module is high quality and made in Canada. Very impressed. For a grand sum of about 80 dollars including the Ttaps and less than an hour of my time, I have remote start. UNBELIEVABLE.
Roadfrog, Did you follow Slimjimtel instructions and just hook up the 5 wires he mention or did you hook up all the wires as shown in the expresskit installation guide?

Wish me luck, i'm going attempt install this weekend.

Last edited by greddy09sc; 07-24-14 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-24-14, 02:53 PM
greddy09sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slimjimtel

The ONLY wires you actually need to hook up is...
CAN-
CAN+
BOTH 12V
STSW
Ground

Works great! Perfect for me.
Slim .. So you just need to hook up the blue wire harness since all these five wires you mention is on the blue harness. Did you plug in the other harness that came with the kit? (Red/black/white)

Also,
Old 07-24-14, 03:14 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Nope, that's all you need for it to be functional.
Old 07-24-14, 04:32 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Just the 5 wires.
Old 07-24-14, 06:50 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

IF you are going to hook up the parking light wire, read below.

The parking lights...
the concept is that the parking lights should burn while the remote start is running. Well, because of our high tech Lexus vehicles, this doesn't work exactly how it should. I personally am just fine with the way it works. But I thought I would bring this up to you as I thought I had a bad DBALL parking light output. And come to find out, it's actually the way the Lexus wiring is done.

If your headlight switch is set in the AUTO mode, the parking lights will not burn while the remote start is running. NO LIGHTS AT ALL

If your headlight switch is in the ON mode, the parking lights will not burn while the remote start is running. HOWEVER, the headlights WILL burn.

If your headlight switch is set in the PARKING LIGHTS mode, the parking lights will not burn while the remote start is running. NO LIGHTS AT ALL

If your headlight switch is set in the OFF mode, the parking lights WILL burn while the remote start is running. THIS is how it is supposed to work.

I personally keep my headlights in the auto mode, so I get no lights while the RS is running. I'm more concerned with a cool or toasty car.

The negative polarity parking light wire in the car is the only feasible connection. Unfortunately a negative trigger to that wire, while the switch is in auto, will not trigger the parking light circuit. The only way around this would be to wire a relay to trigger positive parking lights. However, there are 9 separate positive polarity parking light wires that would need to be triggered... and all 9 would need to be diode isolated from each other.
Old 07-24-14, 08:28 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

In other words.....don't bother. LOL
Old 07-24-14, 08:53 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

I hooked mine up, so now others can make that call. It's a quick connection, but your right, don't bother.
Old 07-25-14, 08:09 AM
macjac69
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a lil off subject but while you guys are talking about wiring.... I have a suspension lighting kit that has a +12v lead for hooking up to a alarm, or other trigger. I'd like to wire to my dome light and I need a location. I tried at the domelight but that just triggers the lights on full time. I hv a set wired in my IS 250 and using a relay it works like a charm I found a wire in near the same location as the driver fuse box behind the dash.
Any help?

Last edited by macjac69; 07-25-14 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-25-14, 06:50 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

CRITICAL UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIRECTED (DEI/Viper) has issued a recall for (SOME) RSR units and or alarm remote starts w/DBALL FOR PUSH TO START VEHICLES.... it seems that a few vehicles equipped with the DBALL have random shut down issues ... so please read the following carefully !!

FYI ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED A DBALL FROM ME PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY FOR ANY RECALL INFO OR FIRMWARE UPDATES!

http://www.ceoutlook.com/2014/07/24/...mote-starters/

FYI this is why you should ALWAYS use an AUTHORIZED DEI DEALER!!!!!!
Old 07-26-14, 03:46 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1

DIRECTED (DEI/Viper) has issued a recall for (SOME) RSR units and or alarm remote starts w/DBALL FOR PUSH TO START VEHICLES.... it seems that a few vehicles equipped with the DBALL have random shut down issues ... so please read the following carefully !!

FYI ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED A DBALL FROM ME PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY FOR ANY RECALL INFO OR FIRMWARE UPDATES!

Great post Bruh!!
Old 07-26-14, 09:10 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shibumi1

Good news is, if you installed the system and still have the two key FOBS (in other words, you were not required to surrender one for the installation), we are not affected.
Old 07-26-14, 04:19 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Good news is, if you installed the system and still have the two key FOBS (in other words, you were not required to surrender one for the installation), we are not affected.
I think u misunderstood. ...push to start vehicles are affected...so we are affected..it says standard ignition key systems would not be affected what's going on is something in the CPU is causing the car to shut off that won't happen with a key because it is a mechanical device that is turned.... with push to start its a signal going to the computer what they're saying is something with the dball interrupts the signal under specific circumstances, causing the car to shut off while in motion..I put a call into the head tech to get more specific information hopefully he'll be able to get back to me next week so I can update you further this is just an email that they blast so I figured I would put the information here because a lot of guys have been adding the RSR dball systems
Old 07-26-14, 04:26 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

To further elaborate if you wanna do this test yourself..start your car manually then after it's running on the vehicle system activate your remote start then step on my break if the car shuts off your vehicle is affected basically its saying that while you're driving if you accidentally bump your fob or your phone and activate the remote start then step on the brake while the car is under power or in motion the electrical system can be turned off so please test this in a park position
Old 07-26-14, 06:07 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Doesn't affect LS cars with RSR

http://www.directed.com/Recall/Dealers/
Old 07-27-14, 10:20 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by slimjimtel
Doesn't affect LS cars with RSR