LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Heated/Cooled seats - Not getting good air flow

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-14, 04:45 AM
dzone2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Heated/Cooled seats - Not getting good air flow

Anybody have any issues with there cooled seats??
I don't seem to be getting much air flow... Almost as if the driver seat isn't flowing at all.

Any ideas?
Old 04-05-14, 05:56 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Unfortunately, the "air conditioned seats" rely on air flow through the seat cushion foam and then through the leather perforations. You can imagine that, after a few years. the seat cusion foam becomes compressed and, voila - reduced airflow. By all means take it in to be checked out, but I think you'll find that's the problem.
Old 04-05-14, 06:38 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Unfortunately, the "air conditioned seats" rely on air flow through the seat cushion foam and then through the leather perforations. You can imagine that, after a few years. the seat cusion foam becomes compressed and, voila - reduced airflow. By all means take it in to be checked out, but I think you'll find that's the problem.
Our cooled seats don't work like cadillacs and Dodge vehicles where its strong enough to blow paper off the seat..I can barely tell..sucks
Old 04-05-14, 10:59 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

This has been discussed for years please do a search on the topic for threads and for other members insight. Lexus changed the designed for 2013 - Current by integrating the seats in with the HVAC system and it works very well.
The following users liked this post:
Soldier76 (12-24-18)
Old 04-05-14, 04:43 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ours are more like "air ventilated" seats
Old 04-05-14, 04:51 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by 1Putt
Ours are more like "air ventilated" seats
Exactly. .....
Old 04-05-14, 07:06 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Have you changed the seat filters?
Old 04-05-14, 08:15 PM
dzone2k
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jayclapp
Sorry, too new to this car to even know if I have them.

I just went and looked... pretty tight under the seats.
Where would they be located?
...If you are allowed to tell me... Or should I go search this forum... nevermind

This topic may have already reached it's "discussion" (Forum) limit and is not allowed to be asked again.

I can see and understand how some peeps can begin to forget how it feels to be new and excited about something as wonderful as a LEXUS LS460L

In saying that... I think I'll close this topic and move my search to the WWW... where there's no limit to how many times a certain question can be asked.

I appreciate the responses both bad and good I'll go look on the web for the answers.

Not pointed at you jayclapp - Thanks for doing what we're supposed to do in a "Forum"... Ask and answer questions about something we care a lot about... LOL THE 460!!!!
Old 04-06-14, 06:21 AM
lieup
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seats filter

Originally Posted by jayclapp
USDM model don't have filter ONLY Japanese version.
Old 04-06-14, 03:04 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lieup
USDM model don't have filter ONLY Japanese version.
There is a type of screen/filter that is underneath the fan motor. Maybe if you remove it you might get a litte more airflow or put a bigger fan motor on it.
Old 04-06-14, 04:57 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dzone2k
Sorry, too new to this car to even know if I have them. I just went and looked... pretty tight under the seats. Where would they be located? ...If you are allowed to tell me... Or should I go search this forum... nevermind This topic may have already reached it's "discussion" (Forum) limit and is not allowed to be asked again. I can see and understand how some peeps can begin to forget how it feels to be new and excited about something as wonderful as a LEXUS LS460L In saying that... I think I'll close this topic and move my search to the WWW... where there's no limit to how many times a certain question can be asked. I appreciate the responses both bad and good I'll go look on the web for the answers. Not pointed at you jayclapp - Thanks for doing what we're supposed to do in a "Forum"... Ask and answer questions about something we care a lot about... LOL THE 460!!!!
I'm sorry if you took my comment about searching about a topic and adding to an existing thread as killing your excitement of being a new owner. You can ask questions, that is part of the forum world however asking/adding to a topic that had been discussed that you have an interest helps cut down on reparative threads. Below are links on this topic including seat filters last congrats and welcome to the forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...t=Cooling+seat

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-question.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...filters-2.html
Old 04-06-14, 05:45 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Unfortunately, there's so much conflicting information already posted on this topic, you don't know what to believe. I don't see anything in any of the US parts manuals showing a seat filter on an LS460. If anyone has a picture of this, it might settle the debate but, based on the Lexus parts manuals exploded system diagrams, I can't find anything. As to the comment in that owners manual (take it to your dealer to change it), it could be an error, it could be a 430 manual (?) or it could mean the dealer will change the seat cushion for a new one that isn't compressed!
Old 04-06-14, 05:53 PM
CJITTY

Folks seem a bit sensitive up in here. If folks would search and then post the question in an existing thread, it goes to the top and more comments come in. Having 20 threads about one topic is pointless to me. But I'm willing to search extensively prior to asking a question. I've been using forums a long time and I'm old school like that I suppose.
Old 04-07-14, 05:24 PM
dzone2k
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by Tee
I'm sorry if you took my comment about searching about a topic and adding to an existing thread as killing your excitement of being a new owner. You can ask questions, that is part of the forum world however asking/adding to a topic that had been discussed that you have an interest helps cut down on reparative threads. Below are links on this topic including seat filters last congrats and welcome to the forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...filters-2.html
Wow Bro!!!
I did search all that and found it was not helpful at all in fixing my issue.
Truthfully... I did find all that and didn't feel like I had an answer

Also,
I did learn that no one really knows if we have seat filters or not. LOL

Found that the seats were manufactured buy Amerigon and later bought by Gentherm.

Lastly... No one ever fixed this issue on there LS "460". Some may have went to the stealer.

Taking it to the stealership is the very last resort.

Not being smart but you could have saved yourself a whole lot of finger cramping by just saying...

"We never figured out how to resolve this issue and it is still open"
Then, you could have said "Let us know here on the forum if/when you find anything out""

And I would have said... "Thanks anyway bro!!! I'll do that"

Just saying...

But seriously Tee.
I appreciate your help and thank you for taking the time to post these links

Your knowledge and time is very appreciated and valued.

Big brake/rotor job coming this weekend... Wish me luck!!!
You guys were very very helpful on that thread and I thank you.
I'll let you guys know if I break anything LOL (I hope I don't)

Thanks again,
DzDee
Old 07-11-14, 06:42 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

In my 06 GS300 I replaced the drivers side bottom seat cushion. Made a big difference as the air passages were collapsed. Getting ready to do my 88,000 mile 460.
Looking for best deal.

Quick Reply: Heated/Cooled seats - Not getting good air flow