LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone Try This?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 04:31 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Very old thread, I know, but I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a new option now: you can use an Android app called Carista OBD2 to change your Lexus Personalized Settings. See http://www.caristaapp.com/2014/03/04...-with-carista/

The app is $9.99 and the hardware is between $10-25. Way less than 1 single visit to the dealer.

P.S. The app will also show you all the settings that are available for your specific vehicle. There are way more settings available than what Lexus includes in those PDFs.
Old 03-26-14, 04:40 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Very old thread, I know, but I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a new option now: you can use an Android app called Carista OBD2 to change your Lexus Personalized Settings.
Availability for iphone?
Old 03-26-14, 04:48 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Availability for iphone?
Not for now, sorry. We're looking into developing one.
Old 03-26-14, 05:26 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Very old thread, I know, but I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a new option now: you can use an Android app called Carista OBD2 to change your Lexus Personalized Settings. See http://www.caristaapp.com/2014/03/04...-with-carista/ The app is $9.99 and the hardware is between $10-25. Way less than 1 single visit to the dealer. P.S. The app will also show you all the settings that are available for your specific vehicle. There are way more settings available than what Lexus includes in those PDFs.
Thx thread already with this topic being discussed here.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-try-this.html
Old 03-27-14, 01:10 AM
krypto89
Rookie

Very old thread, I know, but I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a new option now: you can use an Android app called Carista OBD2 to change your Lexus Personalized Settings. See http://www.caristaapp.com/2014/03/04...-with-carista/

The app is $9.99 and the hardware is between $10-25. Way less than 1 single visit to the dealer.

P.S. The app will also show you all the settings that are available for your specific vehicle. There are way more settings available than what Lexus includes in those PDFs.
has the ability to turn off the DRL been resolved? i did not see it on the other thread...
Old 03-27-14, 06:15 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by krypto89
has the ability to turn off the DRL been resolved? i did not see it on the other thread...
Yes, it turned out the guy's car didn't support the DRL change feature since it's a Canadian-market car. I'll post in that thread too.

But in any case, he was able to change lots of other settings
Old 03-27-14, 06:35 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Hi guys, I'm the developer of Carista and I've just become a supporting vendor here at clublexus. Thanks roadfrog for posting your experience - it's always great to hear feedback and find out what issues our customers are running into.

As you've already explained, your car was reporting that it doesn't support the DRL setting, probably because it's a Canadian-market car. I'm very curious about whether Techstream will be able to change it. My guess is "no", but I might be wrong. Our goal is to be able to change all settings that any other tool (including Techstream) can change. We're almost there with the current version and are getting even closer with the next version. By the way, app updates are free.

So anyway guys, I'm here to help if any of you have any questions or concerns about Carista. The good thing about the app is that it automatically determines what settings are supported by your particular car, and it displays those specific settings on the screen before you pay for the Pro Package. So you can just give it a try for free and see if it has the settings you'd like to change. All you need is an ELM327 bluetooth adapter, which is cheap and is a useful tool to have anyway.
Old 03-27-14, 08:34 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrikelex
Roadfrog, keep us updated on this one. I'd like to go non-drl as well-tks
Why non-drl?
Just curious.
Old 03-27-14, 11:20 AM
krypto89
Rookie

Yes, it turned out the guy's car didn't support the DRL change feature since it's a Canadian-market car. I'll post in that thread too.

But in any case, he was able to change lots of other settings
thank you. just to be sure, is this what i/we should be buying?:

Amazon.com: BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY: Automotive Amazon.com: BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY: Automotive
Old 03-27-14, 11:20 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
Why non-drl?
Just curious.
This has been said numerous times in this thread...Roadfrog has a car manufactured for Canada and Canada is required by law to have DRL lights. So there is no way to turn it off.

When someone from the US gets one, then we all can see whether DRLs can be turned off.
Old 03-27-14, 02:02 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Wait, what happened here... looks like the mods merged 2 threads into 1... Anyway, I was saying that I'm available to help and answer any questions about Carista.

Originally Posted by krypto89
Yes, that one should work fine.
Old 03-28-14, 09:31 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slimjimtel
This has been said numerous times in this thread...Roadfrog has a car manufactured for Canada and Canada is required by law to have DRL lights. So there is no way to turn it off.

When someone from the US gets one, then we all can see whether DRLs can be turned off.
I understand. It sounds like disabling the DRL's must then just be a personal preference for some reason...
Why would anyone, down here in the colonies, want to disable this safety feature?
Old 03-28-14, 12:19 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree, I will leave mine on. It's just piece of mind and an extra safety precaution.
Old 03-28-14, 03:09 PM
tyrenfroe
Driver

Some of us don't wear helmets when riding (pedal) bikes, either. Don't tell anyone...
Old 03-28-14, 05:35 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by tyrenfroe
Some of us don't wear helmets when riding (pedal) bikes, either. Don't tell anyone...
LOL. Awesome.

I wish I could disable my DRL's, but as established earlier, I have a Can model and up here, it's law. Why would I want to disable? Because it's a dingy yellow color, and I installed a set of LED Audi style DRL's that make them look even MORE dingy yellow. I hate it. But.....I'm stuck with it.

FWIW, this Carista app is the real deal. For a grand sum of 20 bucks you have a device to customize ALL of the options you can with Techstream AND a diagnostic tool. I place my ELM module in my glove box so I always have an OBD tool at hand. Plus, it's dirt simple to use and takes a mere minutes to change whatever settings ya want. ALSO....you can use it in ANY vehicle, not just our Lexus'.

Quick Reply: Anyone Try This?