LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Driver Seat memory does not work, beeps

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-13, 10:34 AM
kho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Seat memory does not work, beeps

So this morning, I pressed memory seat #1, and it did not move my chair to the position that I set it for. I had to adjust the chair manually. Everytime, I move the chair back or recline the back, in intermittently beeped every 1-2 seconds. It does not beep if I move the chair forward.

Could it be the fuse? or what could be wrong?
Old 06-04-13, 11:22 AM
kho
Rookie

I tried to move the seat all the way back, and all the way forward. the beeping did not stop.
Old 06-04-13, 12:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

did you change the battery recently? i remember there is a procedure to reset the seats, otherwise it will beep and memory doesn't work like you stated.
Old 06-05-13, 09:04 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

You have to move the seat to its max position in every setting and the seat will calibrate. All the way up, all the way down, all the way forward, all the way back, recline seat back all the way down and then all the way up. I'll see if I can the procedure in print.
Old 06-05-13, 09:10 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Here ya go.

1. Standing outside the driver’s door, open the door and using the long manual forward and back seat switch, move the whole seat fully forward until it stops.
2. Now using the same seat control, move the whole seat fully to the back until it stops. You may hear repeated beeps during this motion.
3. Now use the seat back tilt control to lay the seat back fully down toward the rear seat. Again, you may hear repeated beeps. Continue laying it back until it stops.
4. Using the same tilt control, now tilt the seat back fully upright until it stops.
5. At this point, the seat position memory should be reset as it has counted the rotations of each of the associated seat motors and now knows the seat’s actual location.
6. Get in the car, close the door and start the car. Leave the car in Park and remove your foot from the brake..
7. Using the appropriate manual seat controls, move the seat to your most comfortable location and preferred degree of seat back tilt. At this time, you may also set your outside mirrors and telescoping steering wheel position using their controls.
8. Once you are satisfied with all the positions, press and hold the Set Button on the driver’s door and then press the appropriate L1, L2, or L3 Memory Button. Continue holding both the Set Button and the selected L1, L2 or L3 Memory Button until you hear a single beep. The present seat location and position are now programmed into the corresponding Seat Position Memory. The fact that you heard a beep confirms that the Seat Position Memory has been reinitialized and is now capable of capturing your preferred settings.
9. You can test your memory settings by using the manual controls to move the seat anywhere away from your ideal position and then press the appropriate L1, L2 or L3 Memory selection. The seat should return to your programmed setting.
10. You may now set the remaining seat memory positions starting with step 6 above.
The following 8 users liked this post by 305Busa:
Gbp (12-25-19), Hoovey689 (10-28-17), Jerry0249 (05-18-19), joedaddy1 (12-22-22), Lamecktc (11-03-22), LANewsboy (12-14-22), RX330Lover (06-01-19), W20 (02-10-20) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-03-15, 08:10 PM
duken52
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thank you 305Busa

Thank you 305Busa.

Great help for me to set the seat memory!

Just got a LS460 recently but found the manual useless on this issue.
The car is a beauty to ride though.

The manual did not mention anything about resetting the memory.
Toyota should incorporate your written procedure into the manual.

Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
CamelKool (06-26-20)
Old 06-06-15, 11:43 AM
mdpresco
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome to the journey of owning a LS460. This site is a wealth of information you will find useful.
The following users liked this post:
CamelKool (06-26-20)
Old 06-14-15, 08:26 PM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Great tip thanks !
Old 09-06-15, 08:21 AM
jscottn
8th Gear

I've been racking my brain for weeks. Thanks for the detailed post!
Old 11-22-15, 06:57 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

This is great...used it today. Thank you!
Old 02-08-17, 08:34 AM
RichGag21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 305Busa
Here ya go.

1. Standing outside the driver’s door, open the door and using the long manual forward and back seat switch, move the whole seat fully forward until it stops.
2. Now using the same seat control, move the whole seat fully to the back until it stops. You may hear repeated beeps during this motion.
3. Now use the seat back tilt control to lay the seat back fully down toward the rear seat. Again, you may hear repeated beeps. Continue laying it back until it stops.
4. Using the same tilt control, now tilt the seat back fully upright until it stops.
5. At this point, the seat position memory should be reset as it has counted the rotations of each of the associated seat motors and now knows the seat’s actual location.
6. Get in the car, close the door and start the car. Leave the car in Park and remove your foot from the brake..
7. Using the appropriate manual seat controls, move the seat to your most comfortable location and preferred degree of seat back tilt. At this time, you may also set your outside mirrors and telescoping steering wheel position using their controls.
8. Once you are satisfied with all the positions, press and hold the Set Button on the driver’s door and then press the appropriate L1, L2, or L3 Memory Button. Continue holding both the Set Button and the selected L1, L2 or L3 Memory Button until you hear a single beep. The present seat location and position are now programmed into the corresponding Seat Position Memory. The fact that you heard a beep confirms that the Seat Position Memory has been reinitialized and is now capable of capturing your preferred settings.
9. You can test your memory settings by using the manual controls to move the seat anywhere away from your ideal position and then press the appropriate L1, L2 or L3 Memory selection. The seat should return to your programmed setting.
10. You may now set the remaining seat memory positions starting with step 6 above.
I have a 2014 GS. Tried your directions above to set memory seat. No beeps. Didn't work. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Old 02-08-17, 09:36 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by RichGag21
I have a 2014 GS. Tried your directions above to set memory seat. No beeps. Didn't work. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
I could be mistaken, as the instructions *could* be the same, but you may want to head over to the GS 4th Gen area of the forum and ask the good folks in there.
Old 08-30-17, 05:31 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 305Busa
Here ya go.

Dam, pulled the battery, tweaked the seat to be exactly what I wanted. Now Memory does not work. And now I have to mess up my perfect setting to reset it

Dam. that sinks. You know how long it takes to get the perfect spot in a car seat ?

Thanks for the info !
Old 05-17-19, 07:23 PM
LSfuhrer
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the write up, just had to do this as I thought my seat memory buttons were broken! You guys are great.
Old 06-01-19, 11:42 AM
RX330Lover
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, the procedure worked. Great!

Quick Reply: Driver Seat memory does not work, beeps