LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New S-Class might give Lexus some headaches

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-13, 08:09 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

HaHa. Now I think I have heard it all. A SL63 AMG feels cheap. Probably to someone that drives a Bentley or RR daily. That’s B.S.

The truth is that Mercedes has stepped their game up on the new S class. Now the other luxury carmakers must do the same or get left behind. As far as the reliable on this big body whose knows. All I know since 07 Mercedes reliable has greatly improved. How do I know? I have own one since 04. As far as dealer experience I think it depends on what dealer you go to honestly. The Silver Spring, Md Lexus dealership in my area is terrible. I get better treatment at Mr. Tire. I truly feel the LS460 is a very nice car and I would purchase one in a heartbeat but it laggings in options and engine selection compare to this car. A matter fact when was the last time Lexus has increase their power on their gasoline cars?

Last edited by rogers2; 05-31-13 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-31-13, 09:40 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
HaHa. Now I think I have heard it all. A SL63 AMG feels cheap. Probably to someone that drives a Bentley or RR daily. That’s B.S.

The truth is that Mercedes has stepped their game up on the new S class. Now the other luxury carmakers must do the same or get left behind. As far as the reliable on this big body whose knows. All I know since 07 Mercedes reliable has greatly improved. How do I know? I have own one since 04. As far as dealer experience I think it depends on what dealer you go to honestly. The Silver Spring, Md Lexus dealership in my area is terrible. I get better treatment at Mr. Tire. I truly feel the LS460 is a very nice car and I would purchase one in a heartbeat but it laggings in options and engine selection compare to this car. A matter fact when was the last time Lexus has increase their power on their gasoline cars?

That's true. I think Lexus plays on the safe side when it comes to engines, and that's one of the reasons their cars are so reliable. I've looked into buying a CL-600 or CL-65 (I like V-12 engines) but after reading about the common and frequent problems this car has, no way Jose. I'm very used to my LS-460 because all I need to do is put gasoline in and go. With all services, recalls and oil changes done at the dealer since new, my car has been absolutely worry free. I like that! Mercs can't offer this level of peace of mind, not yet and maybe not ever.