LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Not A GS But it's a Lexus, sittin on Deuce Zero's

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-13, 09:00 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

couple of shots at the Marriott. Attended a Muslim wedding last night... had a great time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8712260911/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8712260911/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8712263109/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8712263109/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8712265881/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8712265881/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

Last edited by sydtoosic; 05-06-13 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-06-13, 10:37 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice LS , I like; oh and by the way get use to people staring and posing by it; it comes standard with all LS's lmao!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-13, 11:16 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
couple of shots at the Marriott. Attended a Muslim wedding last night... had a great time.

P5050011 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

P5050005 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

P5050001 by sydtoosic, on Flickr
I think Vossen needs to make a video on your car now probably after the drop.
Old 05-06-13, 01:46 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate to say it again, but your ride is screaming for some 22's... The fender gap in the front end of the car between the front bumper and the tire is just too big man..Even if you drop it, it will only get the car closer to the top of the tire, but what about the rest of the tire? it would still look small on such a big ride... Not sure WHY you went with 20s when tons of people had already stated before that it in this car it just doesn't look right... If it was a money issue, i would've saved the money til i had enough for 22s..
Old 05-06-13, 02:57 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the general consensus was that 22" were a tad too big for our cars. I personally would've went with the 21" if it wasn't 400+ dollars more. Seemed like a waste of money to pay more for smaller wheels.

Think once its dropped it will look good. Some people don't want to be riding around with huge wheels.
Old 05-06-13, 07:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
Not sure WHY you went with 20s when tons of people had already stated before that it in this car it just doesn't look right... If it was a money issue, i would've saved the money til i had enough for 22s..
LOL...not everybody wants ginormous wheels my friend. I think he wanted better looks while preserving as much of the factory ride and pothole protection as possible.

I think the 22s look goofy quite frankly and think his 20s look great. Hell, I'd have left the 18s on.
Old 05-06-13, 09:33 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RodT
Nice LS , I like; oh and by the way get use to people staring and posing by it; it comes standard with all LS's lmao!!!!!!!!
thanx RodT... i've been receiving lots of comps on the car.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I think Vossen needs to make a video on your car now probably after the drop.
i was thinking the same thing.

I hate to say it again, but your ride is screaming for some 22's... The fender gap in the front end of the car between the front bumper and the tire is just too big man..Even if you drop it, it will only get the car closer to the top of the tire, but what about the rest of the tire? it would still look small on such a big ride... Not sure WHY you went with 20s when tons of people had already stated before that it in this car it just doesn't look right... If it was a money issue, i would've saved the money til i had enough for 22s..
who's car are we referring to ... you car or mine ??? if i paid 80K+ on a car and another $3500 for wheels and tires, then how can money be an issue. yo bruh, knock it off. i don't make decisions based on what other people think, like or don't like. i didn't start a "hey i like these wheels and want to know what you guys think thread". i'm cool with your opinion though. at the end of the day the 20's are still on MY CAR.

Originally Posted by Grouchy
I believe the general consensus was that 22" were a tad too big for our cars. I personally would've went with the 21" if it wasn't 400+ dollars more. Seemed like a waste of money to pay more for smaller wheels.

Think once its dropped it will look good. Some people don't want to be riding around with huge wheels.
waste of money for smaller wheels... wow. a drop with 20's will not look good on this car.

Originally Posted by SW13GS
LOL...not everybody wants ginormous wheels my friend. I think he wanted better looks while preserving as much of the factory ride and pothole protection as possible.

I think the 22s look goofy quite frankly and think his 20s look great. Hell, I'd have left the 18s on.
i agree, not everyone wants big wheels, however 22's would look better, i'm not disputing that fact. there are lots os LS's on this forum wearing 22's and they look very good. i went the practical route without compromising to much of the factory ride as you have stated. the ride with the 18's are phenomenal, and i'm sure a lot of LS owners can attest to that. but. the 18's on such a huge car just doesn't do it as far as looks. i've looked at the car and have said myself that the 20's still look too small, but it definitely looks better than the 18's. my decision to go with 20's was based on a few factors, some being the city streets here and the others were based on the mechanics of the car. a lot of my freinds have run 22's, 24's, and even 26's on their cars... and guess what, those wheels are no longer on any of their cars. most have downsized and the others reverted back to stock size.
Old 05-06-13, 09:41 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Why not 21s? If you're saying money isn't an issue. 21s is the perfect size for the car. 22s are a tad big for some. 20s are a tad small for most. 21s are next on my list. End of the day maybe 5 to 6k to get me there...but like you said 80k car what's 5 to 6k to a baller.
Old 05-06-13, 10:05 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

A picture is worth a thousand words...Front on 20" and Rear on 22"

My opinion, 20" are too small. Notice the gap between the back of the front bumper and the tires...and 22", nice but a little too big. The perfect size is 21"...again, just my opinion as I took the time to actually test fit.
Old 05-07-13, 05:10 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanx RodT... i've been receiving lots of comps on the car.

i was thinking the same thing.

who's car are we referring to ... you car or mine ??? if i paid 80K+ on a car and another $3500 for wheels and tires, then how can money be an issue. yo bruh, knock it off. i don't make decisions based on what other people think, like or don't like. i didn't start a "hey i like these wheels and want to know what you guys think thread". i'm cool with your opinion though. at the end of the day the 20's are still on MY CAR.

waste of money for smaller wheels... wow. a drop with 20's will not look good on this car.

i agree, not everyone wants big wheels, however 22's would look better, i'm not disputing that fact. there are lots os LS's on this forum wearing 22's and they look very good. i went the practical route without compromising to much of the factory ride as you have stated. the ride with the 18's are phenomenal, and i'm sure a lot of LS owners can attest to that. but. the 18's on such a huge car just doesn't do it as far as looks. i've looked at the car and have said myself that the 20's still look too small, but it definitely looks better than the 18's. my decision to go with 20's was based on a few factors, some being the city streets here and the others were based on the mechanics of the car. a lot of my freinds have run 22's, 24's, and even 26's on their cars... and guess what, those wheels are no longer on any of their cars. most have downsized and the others reverted back to stock size.

Firstly, big-ups for putting aftermarket wheels on a 80+ car that you had for lees than 6 weeks. If I'm not mistaken you are the first local/active clublexus member to put wheels on a 2013LS. Definitely not getting enough props for that but I see your thread is slowly morphing into a 20 vs 22 thread but I guess public forum = lot of personal opinion.

Anyhow your car looks great with the wheels, you got what you wanted for your personal taste and needs. No need to even respond to some comments.
Old 05-07-13, 05:47 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat

My opinion, 20" are too small. Notice the gap between the back of the front bumper and the tires...and 22", nice but a little too big. The perfect size is 21"...again, just my opinion as I took the time to actually test fit.
THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT... hown can ANYONE say that the 20s look good up front even when dropped? that gap in front of the tire and bumper looks hideous.
Your car is dope and hey i wish i could afford it, BUT i feel like wanting wheels and EXPECTING the same ride quality as your stock ones is NOT being a realist. IT is a known fact that once you put aftermarket wheels, your ride won't be the same.
You seem to be getting defensive about this and the bottom line, based on the picture that was just posted, the fender gap DOES NOT look good EVEN IF YOU DROP YOUR CAR.
dont worry, i see you putting 22s in about a year or so... Just like CJITTY did on his...
Old 05-07-13, 07:36 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lbintab
Why not 21s? If you're saying money isn't an issue. 21s is the perfect size for the car. 22s are a tad big for some. 20s are a tad small for most. 21s are next on my list. End of the day maybe 5 to 6k to get me there...but like you said 80k car what's 5 to 6k to a baller.
21s , that sounds like a plan. never thought along the lines of 21s.

Originally Posted by Nat

agreed, 20" is a tad small but much better than the 18". i am not disagreeing with the fact that 20" is a little too small, 21" sounds like a definite plan and i wish i had thought of the 21" before i put the 20" on. i will be dragging the wife and kids to GA to move into our new home, so my plan is when i get down there i'll start looking into diff size wheels. 21"... i think it can be done.

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Firstly, big-ups for putting aftermarket wheels on a 80+ car that you had for lees than 6 weeks. If I'm not mistaken you are the first local/active clublexus member to put wheels on a 2013LS. Definitely not getting enough props for that but I see your thread is slowly morphing into a 20 vs 22 thread but I guess public forum = lot of personal opinion.

Anyhow your car looks great with the wheels, you got what you wanted for your personal taste and needs. No need to even respond to some comments.
thanx Trini, i feel you. yeah the 18s were driving me nuts, wifey got pissed because she said there was nothing wrong with the 18s. i will definitely see diff opinions, this is a forum and it's expected, i'm cool with it.

THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT... hown can ANYONE say that the 20s look good up front even when dropped? that gap in front of the tire and bumper looks hideous.
Your car is dope and hey i wish i could afford it, BUT i feel like wanting wheels and EXPECTING the same ride quality as your stock ones is NOT being a realist. IT is a known fact that once you put aftermarket wheels, your ride won't be the same.
You seem to be getting defensive about this and the bottom line, based on the picture that was just posted, the fender gap DOES NOT look good EVEN IF YOU DROP YOUR CAR.
dont worry, i see you putting 22s in about a year or so... Just like CJITTY did on his...
i see this is going nowhere fast... ok, i agreed that 20s with a drop will definitely not look good, i agree that i will not have the same ride quality when upsizing my wheels, i also agree that putting AM wheels on the car will def change the ride. i am not disputing any of these facts. i research basically everything i do, and then i ask questions from those who are knowledgeable about what i am researching, i will get diff answers so it is me at the end of the day who will sift through everything i have learned and come up with the right choice. i sent PMs to a couple of LS owners, asking questions about the set up i wanted to run. i am satisfied with my set up. i feel what you guys are saying, the 20s look too small... and i AGREE, but i can live with the 20s and don't feel as though i wasted money etc. i like the way the car looks now as opposed to looking at it with the stock 18s. i don't mind opinions, if someone does mind then they shouldn't participate in forums. i was not getting defensive... only flowing off your reply is all. 21" , 22" that's just me. not knocking the 22" wheels , i happen to like them... but not for me. however, people do have a change of heart, so when i get down to GA and get tired of looking at the 20s after a year or so.......
Old 05-07-13, 09:46 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still looks great man! And the 20's fit the LS very well without much compromise in ride! If you're considering 21" wheels, we should have the Precision Series in that size when the time comes to go a little bigger....
Old 05-07-13, 11:47 AM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the 21's are $6740 MSRP and the 22's are $6440. Not sure I wanted to pay 300 more for smaller wheels.

I think a drop on any car makes it look better imo. Hell, even with OEM wheels with a drop looks decent. But each their own.
Old 05-07-13, 12:40 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Well the 21's are $6740 MSRP and the 22's are $6440. Not sure I wanted to pay 300 more for smaller wheels.

I think a drop on any car makes it look better imo. Hell, even with OEM wheels with a drop looks decent. But each their own.
i agree my friend... 100%. it is a matter of preference.

Quick Reply: Not A GS But it's a Lexus, sittin on Deuce Zero's