LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

switchback DRL lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-13, 01:52 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switchback DRL lights

just installed my switchback led lights! next to the fog lights. the lights light up white during the day (while pk lamps are on) and turn amber when a turn signal is on. when the lights are completelyt off you can not even see the led strip, because it is flat and mounted from under with 3m tape.

Last edited by linus73; 03-27-13 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 02:25 PM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Install looks very clean, do you still have your stock DRL turned on or is that just a really bright LED for the running light (accent light?)

-Joe
Old 03-27-13, 03:00 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Saweeeeeeet!
Old 03-27-13, 09:42 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jamodeo
Install looks very clean, do you still have your stock DRL turned on or is that just a really bright LED for the running light (accent light?)

-Joe
drl lights are on in this pic, so is the parking lights, i switched out the nike lights to a 28 5050 led and the fog lights to a led bulb as well. so basically i tried my best to match all the bulbs. i have phillips 5000k untinon bulbs as well.

i will be switching out the switchback strips for a different one, cause i want the white leds to turn off whn the turn signal is applied, they do not do that now, i may need to wire in a resistor to do it or get a set that already has the resistor in it. thanks for the compliments.
Old 03-27-13, 11:04 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I normally despise the people who comment "not my cup of tea" when people do mods since they are doing it to their own car. However, I will contradict myself, I just feel LED's should be right under the low beams integrated into the headlights if anything how lexus now has them. LEDs on the bumper dont look right with fogs especially since most newer cars that have them like that do not have fogs. But dont pay any attention to me Im just ranting.
Old 03-28-13, 03:06 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Those look bright but are they that bright for real? I think it looks pretty good. I would concur with LX..if you could get those under the headlight assembly it would look even better. .install looks clean! Thanks for your help the other day re the ivic...I found out how to turn phone screen off while using the ivic for batt life..major difference ftw
Old 03-28-13, 11:46 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Good job! I like my LED DRL's and they IMO are integrated well on my 460, but too each their own. I wonder how bright they are in full daylight from a distance.
Old 03-31-13, 03:43 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Default led lights

Originally Posted by Tee
Good job! I like my LED DRL's and they IMO are integrated well on my 460, but too each their own. I wonder how bright they are in full daylight from a distance.
Thanks, I like things a lil bit different from what others do. I wanted some switchback leds or extra lights, but I didnt want some bulky looking things, so I ended up doing the leds where I did. What I like best is that you cant even tell I did anything at all, till the light comes on that is. Thanks for the comments and thanks cjitty for the help with the tanabe questions I had, I love the way the car rides with the new springs.
Old 03-31-13, 06:14 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by linus73
Thanks, I like things a lil bit different from what others do. I wanted some switchback leds or extra lights, but I didnt want some bulky looking things, so I ended up doing the leds where I did. What I like best is that you cant even tell I did anything at all, till the light comes on that is. Thanks for the comments and thanks cjitty for the help with the tanabe questions I had, I love the way the car rides with the new springs.
Awesome bro..glad I could help. It really does ride nice with those. Keep an eye on your tire life..especially the front inside edge. I also recommend an alignment by a speed shop specializing in lowered cars so they can dial it in as best they can with a mix of camber and toe settings that ARE NOT oem settings..I had a place like that do my alignment on my 460 back in the day and it actually didn't pull and I noticed a reduction in tire wear compared to standard alignment shop
Old 03-31-13, 07:13 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Default tires

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Awesome bro..glad I could help. It really does ride nice with those. Keep an eye on your tire life..especially the front inside edge. I also recommend an alignment by a speed shop specializing in lowered cars so they can dial it in as best they can with a mix of camber and toe settings that ARE NOT oem settings..I had a place like that do my alignment on my 460 back in the day and it actually didn't pull and I noticed a reduction in tire wear compared to standard alignment shop

Ill kepp a look into that, for now the car seems fine and the only thing I dont like about my tires is that the edge of the rims are not covered by the tire, kinda looks like the tire is stretched. Id rather have the tire past the outer edge of the rim. Ill post a pic of what I mean. Its easy to get curb rash with the way it is now. I think I have 245/35/20 in front and 275/40/20 in the rear. Anyway next setup will be some vossen cv1,