LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2010 GS350 AWD to ~08 LS460L

Old 01-14-13, 02:04 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2010 GS350 AWD to ~08 LS460L

I really want an LS460! I currently have a 2010 GS350 and it's great, but I shouldn't have bought it knowing that I really wanted an LS460.

Do you think that it's worth it to switch?
What features would I be losing out on from the 2010 vs '07-08?
What are things to look out for in the older vehicle?
I'd imagine that a CPO would be a definite for this technology laden of a vehicle, correct?
Have any issues arisen from more than, say, 60k miles?

Anything else would be amazing! I appreciate all of your help!
Old 01-14-13, 02:21 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The biggest things are going to be 1. AWD to RWD. I drive an 05 GS430, and get around fine in winter with snow tires. 2. You are going to the previous series navigation which blows in my opinion, but it's not the worst. I think it's a good step up. I am and will always be a GS kinda guy, but the LS is not a bad way to get around. I would definitely try and find one with the adjustable suspension if it were me. Ohh and you'll love the Levinson sound in an LS. Above all else, just make sure the one you buy has a good service history at the dealer. I would go CPO on an LS. You hit the nail on the head when you said "Technology Laden". I'd also spend the money to Scotch Guard the passenger seat from all the vaginal moisture that occurs when you drive a p***y Magnet
Old 01-14-13, 02:33 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Default Really want an LS460

Reference above comment. Why would he have to go RWD? Did they not make AWD in that year. My 2010 and 2012 are AWD. Why go for adjustable suspension? That is about the only thing the LS consistently has problems with, and it is extremely expensive to fix. Can you really get a CPO on a LS that would be five years old and with xxxxx amount of miles. If you can that would be nice.
Old 01-14-13, 02:44 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

CPO, as far as I know, is for 70k miles and less as well as 6 years and less.

I'd definitely opt for the air suspension, so a CPO or some type of warranty will be had. There are AWD's starting in 08, I believe, but driving around in the snow here hasn't been a big deal at all. I can see if I live somewhere else where it snowed a great deal, but I'm sure I will do fine with winter tires on the RWD.

I really like the newer nav, especially the bluetooth streaming audio. What else is there that is bad about the previous gen of nav?
Old 01-14-13, 02:54 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Also! Huge difference on the LWB vs SWB? I was planning on the LWB for my son and the air suspension, is there any info that would prevent me from this?
Old 01-14-13, 03:08 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Oops my bad I forgot AWD started in 08 in the LS. I just think that Nav -2009 is not very user friendly. I constantly get the "address not found on this street" in those older cars. I don't ever use the stinking Nav anyway, so it wouldn't bother me anyway i guess. I love the way the 2010- and up Nav has way less menus to go through. You are correct on the CPO. Since we just rolled over to 2013, you can still get 07 and up on CPO under 70k miles. I think those pre 2010 LS's have that hard drive you can load your music onto as well. As long as you have a good warranty that covers the air suspension, you might as well go for it. I think buying one without it is like buying a house without an oven because it MIGHT get left on and burn the house down someday.
Old 01-14-13, 03:16 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

My favorite configuration is LWB in RWD. It's such a minimal difference in weight and gas mileage, why not have the most bad *** backseat ever? You can tell a slight difference in ride quality between the SWB and LWB. In those early years of the 460 they list the RWD as having 30 more horsepower than the AWD. I think they ride better in RWD as well. It's like a 400lb difference in weight going to AWD, and it feels a little on the heavy side to me.
Old 01-14-13, 03:24 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...2&aff=national

See if this link works. Looks like it has just about all of the options, low mileage and great shape. I'm getting them to verify if it is CPO or not.
Old 01-14-13, 03:44 PM
edarte
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2GSKaizen
Oops my bad I forgot AWD started in 08 in the LS.
Actually, I believe you could only get AWD in the 2008 model year in Russia (Yes, Russia). For North America we did not get it until the 2009 model year.
Old 01-14-13, 04:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

No AWD until the 2009 model year
Old 01-14-13, 05:37 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...2&aff=national

See if this link works. Looks like it has just about all of the options, low mileage and great shape. I'm getting them to verify if it is CPO or not.

It doesn't look like its a CPO car. It is loaded and has radar cruise control, low miles.

Per the Carfax report it looks like another dealer had it for sale as a CPO back in November and it didn't sell so they put it on the auction and this dealer bought it last week.

This one would need to be looked at closely. What does the paint look like in person?

http://touch.stevinsonlexusoffrederi...31&id=13-0506A

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 01-14-13 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-14-13, 05:56 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

I think that looks like a pretty nice one. If it's got service history, I'd say go for it. I'm a fan of the Deep Sea Mica too.
Old 01-14-13, 06:00 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The biggest things are going to be 1. AWD to RWD. I drive an 05 GS430, and get around fine in winter with snow tires. 2. You are going to the previous series navigation which blows in my opinion, but it's not the worst. I think it's a good step up. I am and will always be a GS kinda guy, but the LS is not a bad way to get around. I would definitely try and find one with the adjustable suspension if it were me. Ohh and you'll love the Levinson sound in an LS. Above all else, just make sure the one you buy has a good service history at the dealer. I would go CPO on an LS. You hit the nail on the head when you said "Technology Laden". I'd also spend the money to Scotch Guard the passenger seat from all the vaginal moisture that occurs when you drive a p***y Magnet
hahahaha. lol...
Old 01-14-13, 06:23 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FLYCT
It doesn't look like its a CPO car. It is loaded and has radar cruise control, low miles.

Per the Carfax report it looks like another dealer had it for sale as a CPO back in November and it didn't sell so they put it on the auction and this dealer bought it last week.

This one would need to be looked at closely. What does the paint look like in person?

http://touch.stevinsonlexusoffrederi...31&id=13-0506A

JR
It is CPO, I verified tonight. They said that they have had it for almost the 45 day mark which is why it's priced so low. I'm going to look at it tomorrow after work. Anything that I should check out? I looked at the service history on mylexus and it looks good. It's been serviced by the dealer selling it since 5k. Thanks for all of the help so far!
Old 01-14-13, 06:25 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

I think that looks like a pretty nice one. If it's got service history, I'd say go for it. I'm a fan of the Deep Sea Mica too.
They call it Black Sapphire Pearl. I don't really know what the differences are between most of the colors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 GS350 AWD to ~08 LS460L