LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Owner - 07 LS460L

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-12, 09:28 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Owner - 07 LS460L

Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself here...
Just recently sold my 2011 Subaru STI and decided to move onto something a little different and more refined. My STI -

I've always wanted an LS for the longest time - ever since I was still in High School but always knew that it was kind of unrealistic at my age and lowly part-time job income. It wouldn't make sense to drive it at that age anyway.
Years later, I've rekindled that dream and am a new owner of an LS460L.

Pics after I got it home. I polished the headlights right away because they were badly oxidized. Other than that - a beaut
You can check out the write up on my blog if interested
http://www.lifewithjson.wordpress.com

The rear cooler

First plan of attack is an air runner kit, then wheels, then wald executive kit and I'll play it by ear from there.
Here are a few chops I did with wheel choices... I'm extremely new to the VIP scene so I'm still figuring out wheel choices and which brands I should avoid.

And this is unrealistic because meisters only come in 19" but if they came in 21" I'd do it...

Anyways - glad to be here! I'll probably have a butt load of questions when the car gets here. I've been lurking here for the past 3 weeks.

And some questions just off the top of my head if you guys don't mind answering...
Does anyone know a good sizing and offset for wheels for the LS on air?
Are inner fenders and liners modified to tuck wheel at all?
What is the first thing I should look into doing when I get the car?

Last edited by jayhoang; 11-29-12 at 08:55 PM. Reason: New Pics
Old 11-26-12, 11:21 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Wow, very nice! That white is just an awesome color on the LS. Congrats! I look forward to your build thread.

Coming from a Subie to the Big Dog...wow, that is quite a change up!
Old 11-26-12, 11:52 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That kit is for sell within the next few months if anyone is interested. INGS front with Wald insert and Wald rear.
Old 11-26-12, 12:32 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Wow, very nice! That white is just an awesome color on the LS. Congrats! I look forward to your build thread.

Coming from a Subie to the Big Dog...wow, that is quite a change up!
It definitely is a big change! I'm definitely looking forward to this though.

Originally Posted by Nat
That kit is for sell within the next few months if anyone is interested. INGS front with Wald insert and Wald rear.
Nat! I didn't realize the chops I did were of your car until I searched your thread. I LOVE IT. It's my favourite white LS currently.

How much are you selling it all for?
Old 11-27-12, 08:12 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

So I've been browsing some of the thread trying to get some more insight... was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'm getting the 2007 LS460L with nav - if the car has nav, does it already come with ML or is that an additional upgrade?

Are you guys able to tell from these pics?

Is the little badge on the corner of the door the ML badge?

If it is, to my understanding - I can also play DVD's with a bypass right? Man I am excited to get this car. I just wish it had iPhone/iPod USB...
Old 11-27-12, 08:30 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

that is one clean car. congratz.
Old 11-27-12, 08:33 AM
CJITTY

Your radio should say "Mark Levinson" on it..if you have tweeters on the top part of your rear doors, then that is another sign you have it...judging by the badge on the speaker grill, you have ML..I am not sure if they have that badge on non ML setups...but cmon son..you didn't see all the options the car had? Actually, I can't say anything..I didn't realize I had a rare LS460 setup with the swb, rear heated/cooled seats and analine leather treatments
Old 11-27-12, 08:45 AM
CJITTY

If I don't tell you now, I will certainly tell you later but you should get real familiar with the search button here on Club Lexus. There is an endless amount of informative posts...please look at this thread I started way back when to help you out with some of your questions...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-and-vids.html

remember, the word of the day...is "search"
Attached Thumbnails New Owner - 07 LS460L-cl-search.jpg  

Last edited by CJITTY; 11-27-12 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-27-12, 08:57 AM
farming
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!!!!!!
Old 11-27-12, 09:32 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Your radio should say "Mark Levinson" on it..if you have tweeters on the top part of your rear doors, then that is another sign you have it...judging by the badge on the speaker grill, you have ML..I am not sure if they have that badge on non ML setups...but cmon son..you didn't see all the options the car had? Actually, I can't say anything..I didn't realize I had a rare LS460 setup with the swb, rear heated/cooled seats and analine leather treatments
Thank you for the advice.
To be fair - the car is not even in the same province as me. I am purchasing it from another dealer out of province so I don't get to actually see it. My friends checked it out but even then, it's hard for them to be as detailed as I am when all they're looking for is for the car to be good.

I didn't want to point out anything either incase they somehow have a change of heart and decide to raise the price because they didn't know ML actually costs more lol
Old 11-27-12, 09:56 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Not all Nav equipped cars have the Mark Levinson system. It'll be marked on the radio. The second easiest way to tell if the car has the ML system is if the rear doors have tweeters along the wood trim.
Old 11-27-12, 10:10 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lbintab
Not all Nav equipped cars have the Mark Levinson system. It'll be marked on the radio. The second easiest way to tell if the car has the ML system is if the rear doors have tweeters along the wood trim.
BOOM
we're in business. Thank you!
Old 11-27-12, 10:11 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Thank you for the advice.
To be fair - the car is not even in the same province as me. I am purchasing it from another dealer out of province so I don't get to actually see it. My friends checked it out but even then, it's hard for them to be as detailed as I am when all they're looking for is for the car to be good.

I didn't want to point out anything either incase they somehow have a change of heart and decide to raise the price because they didn't know ML actually costs more lol
Oh thats right..a good dealer in the business of selling LS's will know how to take the right pictures to hightlight the options. Pictures similar to what i posted in that thread I shared with you. HIghlighting the center console switces for (air susp, rear seat option, rear door power shades, etc)..then take another picture of the rear armrest while open to show all the switches, the radio itself, the steering wheel (to show if equipped with radar cruise if a grill picture is not avail) and a few other pics... I zoomed in on the pic and I think I can faintly make out that it has Mark Levinson...but as mentioned earlier, that rear door tweeter just below the bottom of the window in the wood trim is another way to tell. Is there a link to the car online at the brokerage or something?
Old 11-27-12, 10:20 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jayhoang
BOOM
we're in business. Thank you!
BOOOMM!!
Old 11-27-12, 10:22 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Oh thats right..a good dealer in the business of selling LS's will know how to take the right pictures to hightlight the options. Pictures similar to what i posted in that thread I shared with you. HIghlighting the center console switces for (air susp, rear seat option, rear door power shades, etc)..then take another picture of the rear armrest while open to show all the switches, the radio itself, the steering wheel (to show if equipped with radar cruise if a grill picture is not avail) and a few other pics... I zoomed in on the pic and I think I can faintly make out that it has Mark Levinson...but as mentioned earlier, that rear door tweeter just below the bottom of the window in the wood trim is another way to tell. Is there a link to the car online at the brokerage or something?
I agree. The place sells more than just Lexus's and more just higher end cars. To be honest, it may or may not be a good thing that they are not aware of the extras that may be there. It's a killer price and low mileage.

Again - thanks for the help and clarification!

Link here
http://www.torontoautobrokers.ca/use...2b3a5bc697.htm

Quick Reply: New Owner - 07 LS460L