LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone Installed Aftermarket Video Input?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-12, 02:45 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Anyone Installed Aftermarket Video Input?

Looking to install additional A/V inputs on my 2007 LS460 with ML sound system.

I've tried a search but wasn't successful.

I want to be able to play a digital TV tuner on the nav display, so need addityional A/V RCA jack inputs.

Vaistech indicates the MediaLinQ Plus will do the trick, but I'm looking for anyone who has successfully installed this or some other way of adding A/V in.

http://www.vaistech.com/dev/mlp.php

Thanks.
Old 10-17-12, 03:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have done a few ml+ on ls460. haven't done one with external input. but i have done a 2012 rx350 with ml+ and aftermarket dvd player as input. works flawlessly

you just need to make sure your ls460 (with all the options) is compatible with the ml+. the unit works pretty darn well
Old 10-17-12, 04:09 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I haven't had a chance to check but I'm wondering if my front armrest a/v ports for aux video will display on front, rear or on both screens... I need that bypass module badly to allow screen inputs while driving
Old 10-19-12, 08:38 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Anyone else?
Old 11-16-12, 02:29 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyV
Looking to install additional A/V inputs on my 2007 LS460 with ML sound system.

I've tried a search but wasn't successful.

I want to be able to play a digital TV tuner on the nav display, so need addityional A/V RCA jack inputs.

Vaistech indicates the MediaLinQ Plus will do the trick, but I'm looking for anyone who has successfully installed this or some other way of adding A/V in.

Thanks.
I installed an iVIC-5D from VAIS Technology. It mirrors my Samsung S3 phone on the LS nav screen and it has an A/V connector for an external TV module. Best of this combo: If your TV receiver can play video from usb stick you can also watch movies in mpeg format.
iVIC can play hi-res audio (FLAC files up to 96kHz) and the stock DVD player can play DVD-A which is high resolution, too. DVD-Audio is something different, it is not DVD-Video and both is phantastic: Cristal clear sound and DVD-A is not stereo only. Try it out, it is amazing. This one is available in 5.1 sound:

Amazon Amazon

Last but not least, iVIC can bypass the "I agree" button. Lexus tries to make perfect cars. With iVIC she becomes one.

http://www.youtube.com/vaistech
Old 11-16-12, 06:47 PM
escapedcon
Driver

too bad you need an LS with self park feature (Advance Parking Guidance - not to be confused with Park Assist) for the iViC to work properly and not disable your back up camera..

I so wanted this device but for now looks like I cannot have it (hope those smart dudes (& dudets?) figure the camera thing out sooner then later)
Old 11-17-12, 05:38 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

i did the ML+ it works awesome... only have ipod video now but i tested a dvd player too... but i have something nice in the works... but its a must have for the aux input...a lil clumsy in operation..but once u master it.. not too bad
Old 11-20-12, 02:52 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
i did the ML+ it works awesome... only have ipod video now but i tested a dvd player too... but i have something nice in the works... but its a must have for the aux input...a lil clumsy in operation..but once u master it.. not too bad
You used the vaistech unit?
Old 11-20-12, 04:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

You used the vaistech unit?
yes

Old 11-21-12, 10:37 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Originally Posted by rominl
OK, thanks.

Where did you install the Video/audio inputs?

I'm thinking would be best to install them in the front armrest compartment along with the other existing connectors in there. That way I could position the TV tuner unit in there.

Any tips on your install?
Old 11-21-12, 11:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

OK, thanks.

I'm thinking would be best to install them in the front armrest compartment along with the other existing connectors in there. That way I could position the TV tuner unit in there.

that's definitely an option. most of my customers prefer to have the inputs in the glove box though. there is an opening at the back of the glove box that you can run the cables through
Old 11-21-12, 02:56 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Originally Posted by rominl
that's definitely an option. most of my customers prefer to have the inputs in the glove box though. there is an opening at the back of the glove box that you can run the cables through
Hmmm, probably a lot easier to route to the glove box!
Old 11-21-12, 04:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i think they are about the same in terms of difficulty. to install, you need to take off shift plate anyway, and the front panel inside the armrest you can easily pop open to run the cables.

for glove box, you can probably lead the cables up from below
Old 11-30-12, 11:15 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

OK, thanks.

MLP is not small enough to install in the armrest compartment except you drill a number of wholes for all the needed cables. However, the successor -iVIC- is smaller and you only need a solution for the HDMI cable such as a 90 degree angle
Amazon Amazon
, see also page 5 of the iVIC manual at http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/Manual_iVIC-5-IGFO.pdf
I have both, iVIC and TV tuner, in this compartment. This is a good solution because the TV tuner requires antennas, at least one front and one rear.

I'm not missing the reduced height of the armrest compartment but would do so if all would be installed in the glove box. It would really become a box for a pair of gloves only.

Last edited by whitetooth; 11-30-12 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-02-12, 11:43 PM
tnbigdawg
Driver

Originally Posted by whitetooth
MLP is not small enough to install in the armrest compartment except you drill a number of wholes for all the needed cables. However, the successor -iVIC- is smaller and you only need a solution for the HDMI cable such as a 90 degree angle http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-HDMI.../dp/B001K38Z2G, see also page 5 of the iVIC manual at http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/Manual_iVIC-5-IGFO.pdf

I have both, iVIC and TV tuner, in this compartment. This is a good solution because the TV tuner requires antennas, at least one front and one rear.

I'm not missing the reduced height of the armrest compartment but would do so if all would be installed in the glove box. It would really become a box for a pair of gloves only.
You say the iVIC is the successor of MLP? Aren't they 2 different solutions altogether - android vs iphone/ipod?

Quick Reply: Anyone Installed Aftermarket Video Input?